The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Cup holder.....

bradb622

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:54 PM
Reaction score
Can someone please measure the opening of the cup holder? Wanted to see if a 3 inch tumbler would fit. Many thanks!!
I can confirm this one fits. 20 oz traveler tumbler from Yeti.

Attachments

• IMG_4818.jpeg
    IMG_4818.jpeg
    224.8 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_4817.jpeg
    IMG_4817.jpeg
    594.9 KB · Views: 34

bradb622

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
… and one more, may not be for everyone, but it’s my daily coffee mug that fits perfectly. Only 10 oz. American but lived in Australia and a small Flat White is perfect in the morning.

Attachments

• IMG_4819.jpeg
    IMG_4819.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 63

RYAustralia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:54 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone come up with anything that makes the factory "cup holders" anything other than completely worthless and a waste of space? Seriously, what coffee mugs do they use in europe? Do europeans drink liquids? My smallest travel coffee mug barely wedges in that stupid hole. While I'm at it, has anyone come up with something that adds cup holders for the rear passengers?
There are around 6 sizes of coffee cups if you exclude piccolo - 6oz, 8oz, 12oz, and 16oz being the most common and what most car brands select. The ineos seems to be good for 8oz or 10oz. There are hundreds of adapters out there that adapt any holder for your preferred cup size, whether upsizing or downsizing. I guess no brand has come up with the perfect cup size for every customer. I drink a 6oz cup size so have put two coasters in each of the cup holders which raised the cup bottom by around 1.5 cm - 1/2 inch which is just perfect for my coffee and the wife’s too. Easy to adapt /customise and many hundred products out there to fit for EVERY choice.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:54 PM
Reaction score
My family made me a brilliant Father's Day cup, with pictures of the kids on an alloy body. Sadly, the Grenadier is the only vehicle of the 3 I use where it does not fit... nor does it fit a 1L water bottle but my DMAX does!!!

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:54 PM
Reaction score
it is a bungee cord. I had this mug mounted to the grab handle of my G wagon. The cord and the wooden stick worked wonderfully and I had it always at hand. You can see it in this picture (of a healthy diet) in the Background. View attachment 7841827
A g class professional…. Nice taste my man . How does it compare to the gren ?

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can confirm this one fits. 20 oz traveler tumbler from Yeti.
I believe that one and the 30oz have the same diameter tapered bottom IIRC.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeti 550ml perfect...white and two thanks...happy motoring

Attachments

• IMG_6745.jpg
    IMG_6745.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:

Braydo

Production/Transit
Local time
8:54 AM
Reaction score
Important question for the Aussies: Do the cup holders de-lid a takeaway piccolo? If so, I’m cancelling my order…

TelRidan

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have been working on my version of the perfect "American" cup holder this week. I make a mug of coffee (latte actually) every morning and the stock holder is not up to the job. Instead of replacing the existing cupholders I decided to make a pair of larger diameter cupholders above them. After a few iterations I am pleased with the 3D printed version here.

View attachment 7841691

It comfortably holds up to a 3.5in (90mm) diameter cup/mug above the original console surface, but allows a smaller diameter (like a can) to fit down inside the original cup holder on one side. It mounts using the 4 socket-head screws that retain the original cupholder.

View attachment 7841692

This design leaves enough room to comfortably get your fingers behind the cupholder to allow easy access to the center armrest cubby release. I also included a pen holder (just a hole), which is more practical than it looks.

Interesting detail: Some of the straight and flat edges of this vehicle are not straight or flat. The console top surface is a slightly convex face and the sides taper very slightly towards the rear of the vehicle. Nothing in modern automotive design is as simple as it seems at first glance.

Let's hear some ideas for improvement.

If there is interest I will get the STL file posted somewhere on the forum so others can print one of these.

Like the others, I definitely would love to get the STL file if you're willing to share. It would make the cup holder so much more usable!

DezRoamer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:54 PM
Reaction score
In Australia we drink proper coffee in normal size volumes
I personally only drink high quality espresso.
I usually have a water with ice in it in the Grenadier however.
They make them with a reduced size base to fit in cup holders. They keep the water cold for hours.
You could also put American cawfee I guess.....although not really sure why anyone would drink it.

View attachment 7841328
Yeti standard 20oz tumbler fits as well

BenTN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Like the others, I definitely would love to get the STL file if you're willing to share. It would make the cup holder so much more usable!
The STL file is now available for download in the Resources section of this site, under the newly-created "3D Printed Parts..." category.

BenTN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Here is the 3d file of the single-cup version. Print and use as you like.
This is a great design! You can now post it to the new "3D Printed..." category of the Resources page of this forum if you are willing to share it here.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
3:54 PM
Reaction score
This is a great design! You can now post it to the new "3D Printed..." category of the Resources page of this forum if you are willing to share it here.
further to this, once submitted the resource is waiting for approval (this is to stop spam) and then it will go live. there will also be a thread automatically created in the following forum

zvakanaka

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone come up with anything that makes the factory "cup holders" anything other than completely worthless and a waste of space? Seriously, what coffee mugs do they use in europe? Do europeans drink liquids? My smallest travel coffee mug barely wedges in that stupid hole. While I'm at it, has anyone come up with something that adds cup holders for the rear passengers?
Easy, check Amazon for multiple drop in options that allow for larger drinks and water bottles. Unfortunately you can only add one because two will not fit sitting next to each other in the Grenadier's present euro cup holder set-up. It should and will be an easy aftermarket fix since it's a simple, unscrew and snap out piece that's fitted there now and can easily benefit from a larger diameter cup holder unit upgrade but I also expect that Ineos will upgrade this item in the future providing us also with an easy drop in replacement for our cars.

Back
Top Bottom