The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Comprehensive list of all known Grenadier Side Steps

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:44 PM
Reaction score

I have the Buzz sliders and very happy with them. These in my mind provide some serious competition though.​

ABNTR4x4 Rock Sliders Stainless Steel, black powder coated for Ineos Grenadier​

nuclearmonkey

Grenadier Ordered
Contract Signed
Local time
3:44 PM
Reaction score

I have the Buzz sliders and very happy with them. These in my mind provide some serious competition though.​

ABNTR4x4 Rock Sliders Stainless Steel, black powder coated for Ineos Grenadier​

The big question I have with these is that it looks like there is a portion of sill left unprotected inboard of the slider. I’ve been meaning to reach out to the forum member who has these installed already, but haven’t gotten to it yet.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The big question I have with these is that it looks like there is a portion of sill left unprotected inboard of the slider. I’ve been meaning to reach out to the forum member who has these installed already, but haven’t gotten to it yet.
🤔 I’ll have to take a look to see what you mean…

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:44 AM
Reaction score
🤔 I’ll have to take a look to see what you mean…
For the ABNTR4x4 Rock sliders ask @wakeo he has them fitted to his Grenadier. He also posted pictures here and a video.

They look like they are designed to protected the sills, perhaps not other parts of the underside. I like them, they are on the top of my list.

Last edited:

nuclearmonkey

Grenadier Ordered
Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
The body colored area just inboard of the slider in this pic is what I’m curious about…

Attachments

• IMG_0612.jpg
    IMG_0612.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 47

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:44 AM
Reaction score
The body colored area just inboard of the slider in this pic is what I’m curious about…
That car has a red chassis, so it can be the chassis you are seeing. The red chassis is visible on the install video. But be careful as some of the supports on that slider were red, not black. You must watch the video to see what is what as they are being installed on the car.

Jhrogers

Overland Garage 4x4
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:44 PM
Reaction score
Let's create a list. Here's what I've found so far *(edited to add those mentioned below):
  1. Factory Option
  2. Buzz Overland - two styles
  3. Dissent Off Road
  4. Summer Autoparts - retractable
  5. Urban Automotive - two styles
  6. Black Sheep Innovations - rock slider with optional steps
  7. Abenteuer Rock Slider
  8. Agile Offroad - coming soon
  9. Owl Vans - coming soon
  10. White Knuckle Off Road
  11. XLW Parts Rockslider
To my knowledge, only the Urban Automotive and Summer Autoparts are available for immediate purchase. It seems most of the other options have very long lead times.
Overland Garage 4x4 in Laguna Hills,CA will have some in a couple of weeks.

nuclearmonkey

Grenadier Ordered
Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
That car has a red chassis, so it can be the chassis you are seeing. The red chassis is visible on the install video. But be careful as some of the supports on that slider were red, not black. You must watch the video to see what is what as they are being installed on the car.
Hey Doc - I was referring to the bit of mushroom color between the two red mounting brackets that come with the slider. Looks to me like a small part of the sill that’s still exposed, but I have no idea for sure. I’d also love to know if they’re strong enough to jack the vehicle from a la hi-lift.

Personally, I think they’re the most attractive solution that I’ve seen so far.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hey Doc - I was referring to the bit of mushroom color between the two red mounting brackets that come with the slider. Looks to me like a small part of the sill that’s still exposed, but I have no idea for sure. I’d also love to know if they’re strong enough to jack the vehicle from a la hi-lift.

Personally, I think they’re the most attractive solution that I’ve seen so far.
Looks like those replace the plastic sill below the doors. They will sit higher than the Buzz, possibly allowing the exposure you mentioned. It is not necessary to mount them that high and you lose any benefit of a step. It is also difficult to tell if they are fully boxed…
IMG_6811.jpeg
IMG_6810.jpeg

AndyT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Note that Shadowmarq is the same as the White Knuckle. I didn’t know this until my ‘zero degree with step plate’ just arrived - plate has a laser cut “WK” in the plate.
Hi @312Haleiwa, what do you think about your Shadowmarq/White Knuckle sliders/steps. I am debating on flat vs. 20 deg tilt and top plate or just the bar...my wife needs a step to get in the truck, but I don't want anything that drops too low. Can you provide feedback? TIA.

AndyT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This may not be new news for some, but it appears that Owl Vans has "released" their side step/sliders (link). They are showing two varieties (bar/slider only, and step/slider). Me likes what I see! Kind of a burly-er version of the White Knuckle step/sliders, but about $300 more :(. Tough decisions ahead, but need to make one soon. The wifey refuses to jump into the truck anymore without side steps! o_O

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This may not be new news for some, but it appears that Owl Vans has "released" their side step/sliders (link). They are showing two varieties (bar/slider only, and step/slider). Me likes what I see! Kind of a burly-er version of the White Knuckle step/sliders, but about $300 more :(. Tough decisions ahead, but need to make one soon. The wifey refuses to jump into the truck anymore without side steps! o_O
The White Knuckle are the burly ones. Owl is much lighter weight.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Buzz is the correct answer - burly, stainless steel. Have you seen a painted/coated slider after season or two on rocks?

AndyT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The White Knuckle are the burly ones. Owl is much lighter weight.
True, the Owl steps are a fair bit lighter than the WK ones (43 lbs vs 72lbs). Visually, the Owl ones are more complex looking. Should there be concerns about Owl's sliders holding the weight of the truck, or any other durability/capability concerns?

AndyT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Buzz is the correct answer - burly, stainless steel. Have you seen a painted/coated slider after season or two on rocks?
I like the Buzz sliders, but not so wallet-friendly. I haven't written them off, but your comment about stainless vs. powder-coated steel is definitely something to think about. Thx

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I like the Buzz sliders, but not so wallet-friendly. I haven't written them off, but your comment about stainless vs. powder-coated steel is definitely something to think about. Thx
I certainly understand. I personally would not buy Owl. Adding the $300 for WK puts you within reach of Buzz, and saves some weight too.

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:44 PM
Reaction score
I bought the Buzz, can't wait for them to show up in a month or two.

Local time
Reaction score
3mm isn’t burly. Since buzz went thru the hassle of welding them up instead of using tube, they could have at least used 1/4” (6mm) for that long wide flat bottom plate… and SS is a solution looking for a problem. Every couple years mine gets a fresh coat of paint and new anti slip tape after sanding out the scratches anyway. Decades old, and looking like new… ish…

Back
Top Bottom