The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe Cancelled orders

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:57 AM
Reaction score
I see our Yorkshireman YouTube friend from 'Ardventure' has cancelled his order. In fairness, he also had a Toyota HiLux on order which he thought wasn't going to come through. That said, he was pretty scathing of the Grenadier and the review given by Harry's Garage and Harry's farm on Youtube. He didn't seem to doubt the Grenadiers off road capability but more so, its on road ability and comfort and what he felt was atrocious steering.
Currently, it is difficult to justify to others why they might want to consider the purchase of the Grenadier, mainly due to the feedback & service forum members have so far received from Ineos themselves ie. Very little!! If Ineos sort themselves out and come through with what was aimed at, and we have our online manuals, spares and support. I for one am unlikely to have any regrets. Watch this space.

Last edited:

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm always slightly skeptical of you tubers as they are doing it for a reason, ie more views and likes to further a particular agenda. be that selling more of their products or you tube income or sponsorships etc. Don't get me wrong there's some great content out there, but its always worth viewing with a critical eye.

If you look at all the clickbait headlines they are often negative, such as ' why you should never eat these foods' or ' why you should never buy a.....' . that's because we're more likely to click on the things. So although I haven't seen the video, or its title I'm already skeptical.

That said, if IA don't pull their finger out negative social media is easily capable of killing the project. Videos like that will be watched by Americans who are just considering placing an order.

Can you post a link?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:57 AM
Reaction score
That said, he was pretty scathing of the Grenadier and the review given by Harry's Garage and Harry's farm on Youtube. He didn't seem to doubt the Grenadiers off road capability but more so, its on road ability and comfort and what he felt was atrocious steering.
You do know that the UK LinkedIn profile of Harry states he is a consultant to Jaguar Range Rover, a conflict of interest he did not declare in the Review? I posted a request to the YouTube for a response – nothing for the last week. The same people who sued Ratcliffe three times about the Grenadier and lost three times. YouTubers want clicks, in my experience, many do not care how they get them.

I cannot comment on other countries but at least three dealers in Australia are working well with clients as the dealers are brought up to speed with the car. My Sydney based rep from Purnell Adventure has confirmed he is undergoing training and deliveries on the East Coast should start in the next two weeks.

Last edited:

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:57 PM
Reaction score
You do know that the UK LinkedIn profile of Harry states he is a consultant to Jaguar Range Rover, a conflict of interest he did not declare in the Review? I posted a request to the YouTube for a response – nothing for the last week. The same people who sued Ratcliffe three times about the Grenadier and lost three times.YouTubers want clciks, in my experience, many do not care how they get them.
I’ll be honest, I didn’t know who he was and I didn’t take much stock in his review. I have experience driving a multitude of vehicles and his complaints just seemed to be whining.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:57 PM
Reaction score
@Cheshire cat there is no need to justify your purchase to anyone. Who cares? Are they not going to be your friend? Are they not going to sit in the car when you have them over? If answer is yes then get a new friend. I watched the video and I said from myself he was not going to be a buyer of the Grenadier. He is a big L663 fan and has bought in to the concept. Didn't he say he would drive a l663 to a location and the get in a Grenadier to drive off road. That says it all.

I have yet to hear a US reviewer saying this is the most amazing thing ever. The US reviewers are saying the same thing the EU test people did during the off road section. It's pretty amazing. The final straw for me was the Hilux is the same as Grenadier so Grenadier is over priced. Yea okay.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The same people who sued Ratcliffe three times about the Grenadier and lost three times.
Are you talking about the Trademark cases in UK?

Back
Top Bottom