The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Missing Ineos

Tjhappel

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
2:13 AM
Reaction score
I ordered my Ineos on the same day as the rest of the enthusiasts and yes my date slipped like most from November to February and now that has come and clearly gone…. Today after me calling Matt repeatedly ( Ineos Irvine) I was told my build would be later than august now?? In January he said my car was on its way….

Has anyone else has issues similar to these? Order 17909 so everyone can see I’m not a bot.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:13 AM
Reaction score
I ordered my Ineos on the same day as the rest of the enthusiasts and yes my date slipped like most from November to February and now that has come and clearly gone…. Today after me calling Matt repeatedly ( Ineos Irvine) I was told my build would be later than august now?? In January he said my car was on its way….

Has anyone else has issues similar to these? Order 17909 so everyone can see I’m not a bot.
A Pre-order of 17909 specifically puts you about 8500 people down the list for US/Canada pre-orders, and given that, a Summer '24 delivery seems about on par.

If you weren't given a VIN in January it wasn't an accurate statement (dealers will only see vehicles as "on the way" after a VIN has been assigned)

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I want to say for the record Matt has been great to deal with and helpful but this is becoming really weird on the Ineos side it seems.
Nothing super odd really, if you have a pre-order number in the 17xxx.... US pre-orders started somewhere in the low 9000s, which means somewhere in the neighborhood of 8,500 orders are ahead of yours, that's 8,500 vehicles to be built before yours (prior to factoring for production delays).

My pre-order was 10,547, initially supposed to be built in Sept '23, wasn't built until Jan '24 (arriving stateside in a few weeks); why? There's no explicit answer, there's nothing overly complicated or simplistic about the build, etc; just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. But with yours, the initial expectation should have been Q2 or Q3 '24

What I'm saying is, you're moderately far down the line, no one at anytime should have told you to expect a vehicle in January; for the most part production/deliveries are going to plan (units per month, and overall units delivered at this point), with an expectation of somewhere in the 7500-9500 vehicles for MY24 in the US.

Tjhappel

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
so biggest issues I have that I did not state above is i changed my color build on the first day, early august Amd before I did so called Ineos and while on the phone with them had been promised that he’s put notes in our “it wouldn’t change “ my build number. That was number 1 on the do not believe list, second was the info Ineos Irvine has been receiving which was “yeah wee see it, we realize he ordered early and will correct it” which led him to tell me repeatedly from Ineos that my build was coming in February. My desposit was refunded in Nov/ Dec and I’ve been told literally 30 times that nothing changed, you guys remember the original which says “welcome to the front of the queue” my first tax invoice #is 90015611 from march 21 of 2022. After window opened to order I did so Immediately, my wife got cold feet on the color so the next day
I called 3 times to confirm that nothing would change if I changed the color of the car (in august of last year) And was assured it would not. That vin or order was 0005574482 which is pretty darn early…. After they camped the color way a,d added a ton of options my new order 0005590587.

Like I told all of them on the phone I would have kept the color if it meant going to the back of the line…. Which I totally did.

Maybe they are doing me a favor to work the gremlins out…. I just never thought it would be this hard to get a vehicle and to get someone to tell me the truth about when it’s coming. Kinda just sucks, we have need for it but thankfully we didn’t sell our main vehicle even tho we’ve be reassured repeatedly that it’s coming in February.

Sorry to be a whiner but certain things need clarity, if you guys see it’s my fault please share so I can learn from my mistakes.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
so biggest issues I have that I did not state above is i changed my color build on the first day, early august Amd before I did so called Ineos and while on the phone with them had been promised that he’s put notes in our “it wouldn’t change “ my build number. That was number 1 on the do not believe list, second was the info Ineos Irvine has been receiving which was “yeah wee see it, we realize he ordered early and will correct it” which led him to tell me repeatedly from Ineos that my build was coming in February. My desposit was refunded in Nov/ Dec and I’ve been told literally 30 times that nothing changed, you guys remember the original which says “welcome to the front of the queue” my first tax invoice #is 90015611 from march 21 of 2022. After window opened to order I did so Immediately, my wife got cold feet on the color so the next day
I called 3 times to confirm that nothing would change if I changed the color of the car (in august of last year) And was assured it would not. That vin or order was 0005574482 which is pretty darn early…. After they camped the color way a,d added a ton of options my new order 0005590587.

Like I told all of them on the phone I would have kept the color if it meant going to the back of the line…. Which I totally did.

Maybe they are doing me a favor to work the gremlins out…. I just never thought it would be this hard to get a vehicle and to get someone to tell me the truth about when it’s coming. Kinda just sucks, we have need for it but thankfully we didn’t sell our main vehicle even tho we’ve be reassured repeatedly that it’s coming in February.

Sorry to be a whiner but certain things need clarity, if you guys see it’s my fault please share so I can learn from my mistakes.
I did my preorder on 5-31-2023 and then called and switched my rock sliders to side steps a couple weeks later with the understanding I would not lose my place in line. Like many, Ineos sorted out all the initial pre-orders and issued a 8-15-2023 pre-order to many of those that did their pre-order on 5-31-2023. My change order to side steps did not show up on my build paperwork until September, however my pre-order number stayed the same. I was told of a possible December 2023 build and delivery in the first quarter of 2024. My car is now at Rusnak Ineos Grenadier in Pasadena finishing up PDI. My Pre-Order number is 0000014406.
It looks like production has picked up and you will likely be receiving yours within the next 90 days. DaBull

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:13 AM
Reaction score
I did my preorder on 5-31-2023 and then called and switched my rock sliders to side steps a couple weeks later with the understanding I would not lose my place in line. Like many, Ineos sorted out all the initial pre-orders and issued a 8-15-2023 pre-order to many of those that did their pre-order on 5-31-2023. My change order to side steps did not show up on my build paperwork until September, however my pre-order number stayed the same. I was told of a possible December 2023 build and delivery in the first quarter of 2024. My car is now at Rusnak Ineos Grenadier in Pasadena finishing up PDI. My Pre-Order number is 0000014406.
It looks like production has picked up and you will likely be receiving yours within the next 90 days. DaBull
Great news DaBull - your patience has been rewarded!

AWo

Local time
11:13 AM
Reaction score
The thing is, that the Ineos Sales system is not able to cope with changes after the initial configuration. It all depends on persons to deal with it then.

AWo

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:13 PM
Reaction score
I want to say for the record Matt has been great to deal with and helpful but this is becoming really weird on the Ineos side it seems.
I paid my deposit in
March 2022, paid full deposit and order in
July 2022, signed contract in
April 2023 received vehicle in
October 2023.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Is your build super complicated? Is it a maybe odd color combination (esp. the frame)?

If not, I'm confident there is an unsold build sitting at one of the 19 dealers - many of whom are members of this forum. It might be worth some legwork and phone calls to track one down if that wait is too much. If the build really gets pushed back to August, you might end up with a MY2025 which may or may not be a good thing. Just a thought.

TWExplor

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Is your build super complicated? Is it a maybe odd color combination (esp. the frame)?

If not, I'm confident there is an unsold build sitting at one of the 19 dealers - many of whom are members of this forum. It might be worth some legwork and phone calls to track one down if that wait is too much. If the build really gets pushed back to August, you might end up with a MY2025 which may or may not be a good thing. Just a thought.
This is very true. I initially ordered in November with an expected August delivery timeframe. I mentioned to a few members from the forum that I wished there was a way to get the vehicle sooner. They suggested I call around to different dealerships to see if they had any cancelled orders. So on Feb 21st that’s what I did and after the eighth try l lucked out. When I called they told me one had just arrived at port. Got the exact build I was looking for and I expect the truck to be ready for pickup in a week. (True the dealership is 2,000+ miles away, but hey, this is an overland vehicle!)
Super glad they mentioned it. Who knows, give it a try and you might get lucky too.

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:13 AM
Reaction score
Not sure, if I missed it in your post, but did you contact Ineos Customer Support too?
Via chat is actually faster.

I was able to get a lot of info by contacting Ineos support every week of this year.
The Ineos portal says my IG is in production and will be delivered Q3 but is actually at the port since last week. :)

If you haven't contacted customer service, do so and maybe they'll surprise you ;)

angstorms

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:13 AM
Reaction score
I also did pre-order in May, but was given Aug Preorder date. My truck just arrived at the dealer last Saturday, I think INEOS switched to NYT to get more trucks to west coast, since it larger carrier ships. Note Red Noland had 60 trucks show up this weekend, have about 160 trucks now from last few shipments. so they starting to come in quicker. What I saw it going to happen, but as Krabby said they need to give you Vin number, I received that on Jan 11th, so it was 51 days to point the truck was at the dealer, including shipping from Europe though the Panama Canal, since my truck came into Long Beach harbor.

Carolinaride

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I met every time and date they provided within the first few minutes and ended up down the list as well. My vehicle is set to arrive stateside here shortly and finally to me in April. I have had to come to the conclusion that many variables played in and that i am not going to get an answer from IA or my dealer. In the end, a few months delay to allow the kinks to be worked out in the vehicle are likely worth it. Although my customer service experience had been lacking, i am very excited about the vehicle and believe it will be worth it. Just my two cents worth.

By the way, you can jump the line and buy one of the many spec builds at dealerships now.

Tjhappel

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score

Yeah agree with the 2025 model year thoughts…. My build is magic mushroom w a black roof and red frame with the winch built in. I believe it’s a 105k build so we essentially threw everything on it possible. It is likely what is slowing us down.

Tjhappel

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure, if I missed it in your post, but did you contact Ineos Customer Support too?
Via chat is actually faster.

I was able to get a lot of info by contacting Ineos support every week of this year.
The Ineos portal says my IG is in production and will be delivered Q3 but is actually at the port since last week. :)

If you haven't contacted customer service, do so and maybe they'll surprise you ;)
I did in fact get ahold of them, it was slightly concerning what I got back. “Regarding your recent inquiry, I recommend reaching out to your dedicated sales agent for a more detailed follow up. They posses the expertise to provide you with the assistance you require” thank you, Ben ayokunle

I emailed back and told him that the Matt from Irvine said he had no info and to call or email them…. He then responded that he “went ahead and looked into the internal vehicle tracker, it indicated that my order has been verified unfortunately he has no specific delivery date available for me however please note that the tracker is updated almost daily”.

It’s kinda weird imo that nobody can explain what is goof on or where it is or what the hold up is with it. Anyway maybe they’re doing me a favor! Thank you for the responses guys/gals…. Very helpful

Carolinaride

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I did in fact get ahold of them, it was slightly concerning what I got back. “Regarding your recent inquiry, I recommend reaching out to your dedicated sales agent for a more detailed follow up. They posses the expertise to provide you with the assistance you require” thank you, Ben ayokunle

I emailed back and told him that the Matt from Irvine said he had no info and to call or email them…. He then responded that he “went ahead and looked into the internal vehicle tracker, it indicated that my order has been verified unfortunately he has no specific delivery date available for me however please note that the tracker is updated almost daily”.

It’s kinda weird imo that nobody can explain what is goof on or where it is or what the hold up is with it. Anyway maybe they’re doing me a favor! Thank you for the responses guys/gals…. Very helpful
I had the same emails from the same person. You are about a month or two behind my process. I feel your pain and irritation. The vehicle seems amazing. The communication has been terrible.

Tjhappel

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah to say the least it’s been below average…. Hovering above non existent! Imagine when they actually catch up to demand! Who is going to call and follow up with someone who didn’t purchase one? It’s hard not choose a Toyota depending on the metric your using to decide which to buy..

I hope they get you your vehicle soon! They’re very good looking….

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

Our "tax invoice" is thousands ahead of yours and we don't have a vehicle either. We were originally told 4th quarter 2023 for delivery but we're still a month or more away. Patience is a virtue.

Back
Top Bottom