The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe Order cancelled

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:17 PM
Reaction score
The entire design ethos of Lexus has been fugly for years. A big gaping black hole of hourglass shaped plastic at the front.
$20K premium for an old tech car, with a new touch screen, leather seats and ugly exterior. The funny thing is, HAVAL make better looking cars both exterior and interior to Lexus. Wouldn't ever buy a Hav (oh my god no)... but looks are looks!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:17 PM
Reaction score
I think a vast majority of us here don't "need" a truck like this, and certainly not as a daily driver - I'm in that camp, so much so I might keep my Fit/Jazz as the runabout after I get my hands on a Grenadier. I firmly contend, however, that there is nothing in my life I need to defend or justify to anyone (the Mrs aside) - if I want a big truck, sobeit. If "you" (not you guys, but the "yous" out there), have an issue with that, it's on "you."

And I totally agree, and probably to a fault, that I want the most capable things I can buy. It's probably foolish and costly, but I'm with you. I will never, ever, dive to 300m, but it's comforting that my watch can. :D
Sorry I totally disagree

Fit/Jazz???????
Sounds like a dance class

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think there could be a whole bunch of North Americans who will not go ahead with orders if the pricing is too steep. I was speaking with @Stu_Barnes about the sheer number of options here for off-road capable vehicles. They run the gamut in size, shape, ability, etc. and the price range is vast (a bare bones quad-cab 4x4 Ranger can be had for $34, 000 US ... a MB AMG G 63 STARTS at $180k and can probably hit 1/2 mil). Plus, with generally wider roads, full size pickups - which equally span from $30K to God only knows how high - are a favorite and certainly tough to beat on payload and towing.

I don't think anything competes apples to apples with the Gren, but there are plenty of options in the same ballpark. It will be interesting to see how IA price and market here. Hopefully we find out soon!
We also have a huge selection of 4 x 4's in Australia but with a lot of desert and outback where robust/tough vehicles are required low price is significantly less important

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
$20K premium for an old tech car, with a new touch screen, leather seats and ugly exterior. The funny thing is, HAVAL make better looking cars both exterior and interior to Lexus. Wouldn't ever buy a Hav (oh my god no)... but looks are looks!
Do you mean this - GWM Tank300 hybrid ??

Screenshot_20230217_020645.png

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Another US article that says that the IG is a bargain.

https://www.gmtoday.com/autos/auto-...cle_3020dbaa-adff-11ed-8fd4-c70fa3ea8013.html

"It's an outstanding achievement from a neophyte automaker and is among the best SUVs you can buy at any price.

Look for the Ineos retailers to be located in the smile states. While pricing hasn’t been announced, expect a comfortably equipped model to run in the $75,000 range.

It’s worth every plug penny."

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:17 PM
Reaction score
Discussing anything with a whiny academic on LinkedIn was your first mistake. And by academic, I mean ‘authoritarian know it all’.
Serious - sometimes I like it really to tease and punch such guys to see the real intention and how they conclude or on what foundation their statements are based.
Its quite often they claim their statements are (Quote Albus Dubledore) for the greater good. And because of their PhD and some scientific buzzwords they seem to be trustworthy.
My goal was to manoeuvre this guy in a situation where he has to "drop his pants" to show what his real intention was - and what statements he was using to found it.

So he proved to me he simply was jealous and the terms he used were only softeners thinks assumes, believes.. no proof.
Having myself a math / it / logics background.. - there are yet a few assumptions unproven such as Riemann Hypothesis .. etc.. but in general if I make a recommendation or suggestion I have to prove it by presenting a lot of facts / pros / cons.

Most people are afraid of something.. people buy because they like something - or the opposite making them afraid of something.. also fear is used to control.
You must have this insurance... Go for this, because you have that risk,.. dont eat meat steak .. go vegan..
It is publicly promoted steak ..red meat .. cows milk.. may cause cancer.. - so what. It says "may" - there are many factors influencing.

I was unknowingly exposed to asbestos as a child Not knowing on the hazard. ( I looked over my dads shoulder when he changed brake pads at that time still containing some asbestos. - We operated with lead. as lead weights were used to balance wheels. We played in the mud and forest of course unattended no parents watching.. and I am still alive.. ( When I hear those guys I wonder how I became almost 60 w/o major issues )
Friend of mine cast his muzzleloader bullets from former balance weights. He is well over 70.. and quite healthy.
I prefer the opposite and purchase something I enjoy because I hope to get some fun with it. Life ist to short to sacrifice it to fear. Last night I spent on the high hide again..
and Disco was accompanying me.. - next it wil be the Grenadier.

So - no fear.. perhaps this one major factor why I do not cancel any order - even if Ineos Automotive business behaviour is not well. I want to see how this is progressing.

Luc Cornelissen

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:17 PM
Reaction score
I think it's a very special car. A great idea, not so simple to develop. This takes special people to buy it. Which is the whole idea. Let's not jump on a train on which everybody else jumps because they are told so. Individualist are exactly what the word says.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry to ask, but: Why exactly?
You need to explain your choice to drive a vehicle called a fit or a jazz
Surely in any pub in Australia you would keep that information to yourself.
The only way you could explain that in Australia is to say I borrowed my wife's car so I could go to the shops to get her some feminine hygiene products.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I bought a Honda Jazz for our Au Pair about 7 years ago, spent £2000 on it thinking Honda make bullet proof cars and a 1.4i would be good for the 5 mile round trip on the school run.

Turns out I bought probably the only lemon that Honda made - spent another £2000 on it in bits n pieces replacing throttle body, ecu etc until working out it was a dodgy wiring loom. Once I was £1000 in I was suckered and had to keep going.

Bloody car.

But that said it was perfect car once up and running for what we needed. Would I take it to the pub, yeah. I'm no oil painting so make the Jazz look good when I was driving it!! Wife wouldn't be seen dead in it - would like to say her loss but not really!!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:17 AM
Reaction score
My god - entry level Rubicon here (stock) is $80K AUD... for $27K more you get a Gren Trialmaster... with some specs added in.
The GREN here will compete directly against the LC300 in terms of trim/bit features but the LC300 is old tech through and through with a slightly newer V6 diesel... which is not nearly as good as the B57. LC300 GXL starts at what $100K with no addons, no bar, just trim seats and rubber floor mats!... GREN will be a smash hit in AUS, no matter its wiper or footrest issues!!!
Well $50K US is a little more than $73K Aus, so the difference isn't as dramatic as it may seem. But, we don't get the LC300 as new here anymore, and used 2022s are are well above $75K, so that's very different here in terms of competing with the Grenadier.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I bought a Honda Jazz for our Au Pair about 7 years ago, spent £2000 on it thinking Honda make bullet proof cars and a 1.4i would be good for the 5 mile round trip on the school run.

Turns out I bought probably the only lemon that Honda made - spent another £2000 on it in bits n pieces replacing throttle body, ecu etc until working out it was a dodgy wiring loom. Once I was £1000 in I was suckered and had to keep going.

Bloody car.

But that said it was perfect car once up and running for what we needed. Would I take it to the pub, yeah. I'm no oil painting so make the Jazz look good when I was driving it!! Wife wouldn't be seen dead in it - would like to say her loss but not really!!
See you started with
I bought a Honda Jazz for our Au Pair
Not I bought a Honda Jazz so my sons can go out and pick up girls.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:17 AM
Reaction score
You need to explain your choice to drive a vehicle called a fit or a jazz
Surely in any pub in Australia you would keep that information to yourself.
The only way you could explain that in Australia is to say I borrowed my wife's car so I could go to the shops to get her some feminine hygiene products.
I just sold 😥 my 2020 GMC 1500 AT4 and am driving my wife's former car (we got her a new Outback). More than comfortable enough in my own masculinity to drive a purple Honda, especially since I'll probably bank $12-15 grand (plus the savings on gas and insurance) before the Gren arrives here. The 4-mile commute and leaving for work before the sun comes up help too. 🤣

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Only old folk drive Hondas around these parts.
I drive my wife's Volvo. Everybody who's been in it , young/old/any gender loves it.
But it doesn't have a winch or towbar , which is why I need the Grenadier.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Only old folk drive Hondas around these parts.
I drive my wife's Volvo. Everybody who's been in it , young/old/any gender loves it.
But it doesn't have a winch or towbar , which is why I need the Grenadier.
Slightly different in the UK. Only older folk drive Hondas, except the Type R, which is driven (mostly dangerously) by boy racers, whose cars are pimped up. I try to avoid Type Rs on the road, I worry just in case they have dodgy insurance.

Back
Top Bottom