The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe Order cancelled

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:41 AM
Reaction score
Apparently saddle leather steering wheels are in short supply. Problems with the supplier apparently.

Reading between the murky lines, Ineos must be pulling their hair out with suppliers.

You know you have hit skid row, when even the company supplying carpet floor mats are letting you down.
Oh no..not the toot button at risk 🤣

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had a vision of one of my children taking the steering wheel and handle into the Repair Shop in 40 years time to be neatly restitched back together by the daughter of that saddle maker!

Guess it's been a slow start to the week for me.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:41 AM
Reaction score
Oh no..not the toot button at risk 🤣

The toot button is off the menu at the minute, my agent rang and asked if I would settle for a honk button instead !!!

I know people are trying to work out what or if there is a common denominator that might be delaying things but I think it is just random.

It would most likely be a colour but there seems to be a range of those as well coming through. It will probably remain a mystery until someone admits it in a few months or years time.

That’s if there is anything to admit of course.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had a vision of one of my children taking the steering wheel and handle into the Repair Shop in 40 years time to be neatly restitched back together by the daughter of that saddle maker!

Guess it's been a slow start to the week for me.
I don't want to destroy your dream. But I'm afraid that in 40 years, no one will know what a steering wheel is and what it was for. People will be moving around in something that is controlled with an iPhone 324.

Sorry, maybe a bit too exaggerated.

Local time
Reaction score
Same here, I have cancelled, due to poor on road press reviews, poor fuel economy, lack of test drive vehicles and too many missed delivery dates ( I think I was on number 5) and marketing hype have left me with no confidence in the company or the product.

To

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Same here, I have cancelled, due to poor on road press reviews, poor fuel economy, lack of test drive vehicles and too many missed delivery dates ( I think I was on number 5) and marketing hype have left me with no confidence in the company or the product.
Those who drive the old Defender and trucks will find the Grenadier's steering just about perfect on the road. Those who expect the steering of a sports car may be disappointed. It's just built for purpos. And for a car that weighs 2.8 tons, the fuel consumption is perfectly fine. My opinion.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:41 PM
Reaction score
Those who drive the old Defender and trucks will find the Grenadier's steering just about perfect on the road. Those who expect the steering of a sports car may be disappointed. It's just built for purpos. And for a car that weighs 2.8 tons, the fuel consumption is perfectly fine. My opinion.
exactly. Have a look at the short video of Sir Jim driving down a small bumpy road with minimal wheel corrections

Khalfan323

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I agree with the steering comment. Coming from my 12’ 110 and test driving this, difference is night and day. Fuel economy on the other hand is quit terrible tbh 😂, but we all knew this from the start and nothing else was expected. To all who thought 30mpg + in either engine derivatives must be dreaming.

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can understand your decision, it’s been a rollercoaster of emotions for me. The latest being the lack of a Thatcham approved alarm etc. However I’ve stuck with it because I know I would feel like s***t when I seen one on the road over the coming months and seeing what I was missing out on.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Why would you order a solid axle ladder chassis 4x4 with recirculating ball steering, then cancel because some skinny jeans wearing car journalist who drives a prius thinks its a bit vague?? 🤣

Some people's thought processes really baffle me!

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:41 AM
Reaction score
Why would you order a solid axle ladder chassis 4x4 with recirculating ball steering, then cancel because some skinny jeans wearing car journalist who drives a prius thinks its a bit vague?? 🤣

Some people's thought processes really baffle me!
+x (y) (y)
I wrote it already in the forum.. I was in discussion on linkedin on exactly this - a guy with a few PhD..

he was disliking it because the vehicle is constructed as it is.
He "believes" the vehicle should not be built at all.
He "assumes" most of the Grenadier will end up as mall crawlers
He thinks it consumes to much fuel and is not ok for environment and our children and in
50 years the world would cease to exist because of our "egoistic" and individualist behaviour.

As long as humans exist - at all times there were individuals who were discoverer, thinker, creators, composer, lifestyle maker. Ofter were rich but some not.
But of any level of society. - there were always individuals who made a change. and what we remember.
And the world will exist in 50 years still.. not me of course.
And the Grenadier is exactly for those - and I stay patient..

Lots of vague statements - with no content..
To those guys I did a little rhyme in German "was ich nicht darf, was ich mir nicht leisten kann, was ich nicht will und ich nicht brauch - das verbiet ich allen anderen auch"
Translated in English " What I am not permitted, cant afford, not want and not need . I will others not permit too. "

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Agreed, when I talked to my dealer 6 + months ago before placing my order for the Grenadier I asked about on road handling. (He had driven a PT02 some distance on the road to another dealers) He said it's not as good as a Porsche, to which I replied it only has to be as good as my L/R. No probs then.

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
+x (y) (y)
To those guys I did a little rhyme in German "was ich nicht darf, was ich mir nicht leisten kann, was ich nicht will und ich nicht brauch - das verbiet ich allen anderen auch"
Translated in English " What I am not permitted, cant afford, not want and not need . I will others not permit too. "
Agree 110%. Have been using that same words for years when explaining why Germany isn't a country worth living in any more. We've totally unlearnt that live-and-let-live thing around here.
And, as already posted here: When I say "live", I mean live and not vegetate.

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I still like living in Germany!
Fair enough.
Heavily depends on what you think living is. Just being one of the few who pay a large share of that social and economic ghost ride for me does not feel right any more and has been moving the whole thing over the line during the last ~15 years...

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Fair enough.
Heavily depends on what you think living is. Just being one of the few who pay a large share of that social and economic ghost ride for me does not feel right any more and has been moving the whole thing over the line during the last ~15 years...
I have been in enough places where I do not want to live. I don’t see the reality in Germany through pink glasses and I am really concerned about the way this country develops!
But right now I don’t see it in just black although the grey is getting darker.
And I am totally with you at the last sentence of your statement!

To

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Fair enough.
It is not a political forum. You have already been made aware of this by the boss. Who cares about your views on this. Not me at all.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, let's steer this back to the sad reality that folks are jumping off the Grenadier ship for a number of disappointing reasons. We're all friends here, which is why politics and religion don't make for good conversation.

Back
Top Bottom