The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe Order cancelled

Local time
2:20 AM
Reaction score
I did exactly the same..
I ordered the ‘standard’ Station Wagon version on day 1 (which took ages as the web page kept freezing) as I wanted a ‘fieldmaster’ but with steel wheels, and only later did I realise it had the fixed cargo net in the back and (at a later stage) that the back seats were fixed slightly closer to the front seats. I asked INEOS if I could change the spec and was told that it wasn’t possible at that time- either I had to cancel the order and start again, and miss 3 months in the queue, or keep the order I had made and hope that just before production I could change it.

In the end I ordered another car, a fieldmaster but (sadly) without the steel wheels, and kept the Station Wagon order. When the Station Wagon order got to the ‘final chance to change’ date in December I then tried to change it from a Station Wagon to Fieldmaster and was told it was still not possible- so I cancelled that order and kept the second order.

Hopefully the car I now have on order arrives before the summer.

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I did exactly the same..
I ordered the ‘standard’ Station Wagon version on day 1 (which took ages as the web page kept freezing) as I wanted a ‘fieldmaster’ but with steel wheels, and only later did I realise it had the fixed cargo net in the back and (at a later stage) that the back seats were fixed slightly closer to the front seats. I asked INEOS if I could change the spec and was told that it wasn’t possible at that time- either I had to cancel the order and start again, and miss 3 months in the queue, or keep the order I had made and hope that just before production I could change it.

In the end I ordered another car, a fieldmaster but (sadly) without the steel wheels, and kept the Station Wagon order. When the Station Wagon order got to the ‘final chance to change’ date in December I then tried to change it from a Station Wagon to Fieldmaster and was told it was still not possible- so I cancelled that order and kept the second order.

Hopefully the car I now have on order arrives before the summer.
I did something similar but the other way. Ordered a Belstaff edition but I need it to be Commercial for work purposes, I was lucky to realise my mistake in 24 hours and in that time 240 orders had gone through, so re-ordered and cancelled original, after being told M1/N1 change was not possible.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I did something similar but the other way. Ordered a Belstaff edition but I need it to be Commercial for work purposes, I was lucky to realise my mistake in 24 hours and in that time 240 orders had gone through, so re-ordered and cancelled original, after being told M1/N1 change was not possible.
I've ordered a 5-seat SW/commercial as well. Don't think theres any chance of me claiming the VAT on the 5 seat being mixed use, but the VED benefit alone is worth it. Spoke to the insurer who covers my public liability and Lorry, they're happier adding it onto a fleet being N1 as well.

Rab

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you are using it 50% of the time commercially can you not claim 50% of the VAT back, might be worth asking your tax advisor, every bit helps.

Tu Sugars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:20 AM
Reaction score
'at the earliest.' But I would have to reorder and lose my delivery slot,...... yah dee yah dee...
I feel for everybody - we are all waiting ...

Often, people need to remember that ...
the paying customer is the most important, without us they have no sales...
nor do they recognise​
Most of us won't bitch if a company's communication with us is sound... and genuine!

Today, my Dealer called .... We both worked out that my order from last year needed to be corrected...
The configurator should have remembered that the UK - Europe, the USA and OZzz are rather diverse places...
My initial deposit was paid last August 2022. That's OK, I had no speedy expectations, but six months have already passed!
So today, a furtive telephone call - "Could I please RE-ORDER what things I wanted"...

Now notwithstanding that, last year... It took weeks before I got my first order accepted.
So...... to ease our mutual stress for what is basically 'their problem', I drove across town to the dealership -
We configured and then loaded a NEW order!
Mine is a very vanilla Fieldmaster, in vanilla white; in fact, nothing cute... Vanilla... and so, when the INEOS configurator asked for yet another $5000 - What choice did I have? So I paid for it.​

I want the unit... whisper was it could be a February build... but now, with a NEW order - my dealer tells me they will do their best to sort new timing and delivery... ( I trust and have faith that some in the INEOS team will try...)

Yesterday we purchased some vehicles - this time of year, they usually are on backorder, we buy a few. Add the salesman's gratuitous grovelling and a Blue Oval price!

But my point is .... these could - and probably "should" have been Grenadiers!
All it might have taken was some transparent communication.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was told by my dealer that an announcement from IE management was imminent… but we have heard that before..

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:20 AM
Reaction score
I was told by my dealer that an announcement from IE management was imminent… but we have heard that before..
The video is available on YouTube by now

Local time
7:20 PM
Reaction score
I agree that IA are struggling with customer service and that it’s very frustrating. That said, they’re launching a new vehicle and everything else that goes with it, which includes all the upfront administrative and processes as well as sale, post sale and warranty. I’ve had a very similar experience to you but decided to “suck it up” and compromise where errors have been made. Like many of the others in this parish, I’ve followed grenadier from the start, put my money in as early as possible and, all things being equal, may get my own in the next few weeks. I’m probably being naive but I’m putting it down to being part of something and hopefully all the frustrations will evaporate the moment I turn the key, turn the heated seats on and engage “drive”..
This is probably the most reasonable and realistic perspective to have right now. Standing up a new car company in the midst of a global pandemic sh*t show is never going to be easy. "Sucking it up" is likely the best we can do at the moment. That being said, consistent and construction feedback to Ineos is needed to help push them in the right direction. And believe me, I am getting worried about the Dealer/warranty situation in NA. Being in the west, things are a bit spread out. ;)

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
6:20 PM
Reaction score
Well I'm sold sold on the green.

Some communication from Miss Calder is better than the vacuous silence thats been growing I think. It's not what everyone wanted to hear I'm sure, responses will range from frustration and demoralization to plain indifference or relief for a bit more breathing room to scrape the cash together. I am hoping that people are feeling at least recognized if not totally satisfied.

As some have said on this thread and elsewhere, hold the line but don't hold your breath.

It's only a few days until the embargo is lifted on the media reviews as we understand it, it won't get your Grenadier here any quicker but at least we'll have some new reading material.

And if you're really down in the dumps just think about the reservation holders in North America, they don't even know a price yet or when they'll be able to order let alone take delivery.....

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I've been badgering for an on-road test drive and my dealer says they're still awaiting INEOS to release three cars to them for test driving . This car is not going to live on a farm, though next to one, and much of its working life will be driving down mucky lanes with long stretches of motorway on visits to Scotland, scratching around for the odd salmon. When you're driving over 500 miles at a stretch you want to be assured that you can do so in a measure of comfort. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that so far we've had no comprehensive figures on performance and economy, just indicative figures. It seems that production is on going but that certain parts are in short supply. Tan steering wheels? Toot buttons? Who knows?

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
When you're driving over 500 miles at a stretch you want to be assured that you can do so in a measure of comfort.
When I drive my old Toyota for a holiday trip, and this are up to 500 - 700 Kilometers a day, even on the highway, this is really WORK. I think the INEOS will be a pleasant drive, smooth and noiseless. TODAY ON GERMAN ROADS it is more important to choose the right DAY than the right CAR - because of the LOTS OF TRAFFIC. I´m sure that the Grenadier will be a good choice for a holiday trip, I can´t emagine that it´s not. SEE YOU on the road.... :cool: (y)

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:20 PM
Reaction score
Apparently saddle leather steering wheels are in short supply. Problems with the supplier apparently.

Reading between the murky lines, Ineos must be pulling their hair out with suppliers.

You know you have hit skid row, when even the company supplying carpet floor mats are letting you down.

BMW.Leo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
When I drive my old Toyota for a holiday trip, and this are up to 500 - 700 Kilometers a day, even on the highway, this is really WORK. I think the INEOS will be a pleasant drive, smooth and noiseless. TODAY ON GERMAN ROADS it is more important to choose the right DAY than the right CAR - because of the LOTS OF TRAFFIC. I´m sure that the Grenadier will be a good choice for a holiday trip, I can´t emagine that it´s not. SEE YOU on the road.... :cool: (y)
for sure the Grenadier will be one of the best choice here in Germany many streets and highways are in offroad condition

Back
Top Bottom