The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe Order cancelled

BMW.Leo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:45 AM
Reaction score
@TonyHerts
You ordered a standard station wagon? I am wondering that these in UK could be ordered. - In Germany at our selection of vehicles
there were 2 seat and 5 seat utility ( to be considered as commercial) w. rear panel instead of window -
and all station wagons with Window at rear to be ordered where Belstaff Editions . Either or .. TrailMaster and Fieldmaster.
A "standard station wagon" to be configured with "on demand" equipment was not selectable - and as far as I can see can still not be ordered.
Something strange in the neighbourhood.
we have also ordered Utility 5 seat with rear window. that was possible to change without extra costs from panel to window

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:45 AM
Reaction score
Yep, I've ordered the SW because I wanted more boot space and will only be carrying passengers short journeys (bar the kids) so the N1 savings are a brucey bonus. Spec'd it how I wished. Have requested panels rather than windows.

TonyHerts

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
(y)+1 pretty obvious. That doesn't change my mind on Grenadier and Ineos.

Okay - at Ineos it takes longer as anticipated, also Ineos is new in automotive, supply chain issues etc. So what.
If they had to construct the entire factory in Wales from scratch it would require even more time to get a even a prototype from assembly line..
Ineos has some issues in administrative processes. Okay. - But .. sorry - here it seems the counterparty has also part in it- by not reading thoroughly.
Very strange indeed.
Maybe I have got something wrong at some point in the ordering process but I have been trying to sort it out for months, have spoken to multiple people who all say something different and its only when the agent introduces himself do I get any clarity to questions I have been asking for months (and to reiterate he has been excellent, despite not having much info himself). The bottom line is a change I have been asking about for months and submitted before xmas means I now have to reorder and would get a car at the end of 2023. Its not great. Disappointed but thats life!

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
we have also ordered Utility 5 seat with rear window. that was possible to change without extra costs from panel to window
Yeah okay - but is still Utility - "Commercial" indeed. to Ineos Spec not a Station Wagon Pax vehicle.
However some countries require to have no rear windows (or no rear bench at all to have it commercial "registered". ) . This could mean to Ineos it is still commercial but not anymore to road authority by featuring rear seats and rear windows.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yep, I've ordered the SW because I wanted more boot space and will only be carrying passengers short journeys (bar the kids) so the N1 savings are a brucey bonus. Spec'd it how I wished. Have requested panels rather than windows.
I’ve ordered a two seat commercial with extras to bring upto Trialmaster spec plus winch etc. have also specified rear windows instead of solid panels as a no cost option, I’ve done this as I figure it may be easier to add gull wing side panel doors in the future if they become available 👍🏼

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The bottom line is a change I have been asking about for months and submitted before xmas means I now have to reorder and would get a car at the end of 2023. Its not great. Disappointed but thats life!
But the text of the email suggests you would get this in June-July this year if you accepted the option?

Local time
4:45 AM
Reaction score
I agree that IA are struggling with customer service and that it’s very frustrating. That said, they’re launching a new vehicle and everything else that goes with it, which includes all the upfront administrative and processes as well as sale, post sale and warranty. I’ve had a very similar experience to you but decided to “suck it up” and compromise where errors have been made. Like many of the others in this parish, I’ve followed grenadier from the start, put my money in as early as possible and, all things being equal, may get my own in the next few weeks. I’m probably being naive but I’m putting it down to being part of something and hopefully all the frustrations will evaporate the moment I turn the key, turn the heated seats on and engage “drive”..
Well, it will definitely be the moment you turn the key, because remote start won't be an option.

TonyHerts

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
But the text of the email suggests you would get this in June-July this year if you accepted the option?
'at the earliest.' But I would have to reorder and lose my delivery slot and they wouldn't make any commitment. beyond we will try.

Just fed up with dealing with them. They also just admitted that my updated spec on the partner portal was wrong and a mistake; it's a spec not available in the UK.

Oh dear. Just fed up , have cancelled. Thats life. time to move on

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve ordered a two seat commercial with extras to bring upto Trialmaster spec plus winch etc. have also specified rear windows instead of solid panels as a no cost option, I’ve done this as I figure it may be easier to add gull wing side panel doors in the future if they become available 👍🏼
yep was a close call on the NCO windows as I really want the gullwing style windows down the line, but panels until then. But you are right will be easier to fit - hoping my angle grinding skills are up to the job!!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:45 PM
Reaction score
yep was a close call on the NCO windows as I really want the gullwing style windows down the line, but panels until then. But you are right will be easier to fit - hoping my angle grinding skills are up to the job!!
If that is the plan ordering the windows would have made it easier.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I said months ago that in the future we could all be in the Delorean situation with these vehicles. Having said that the chances are far less likely as I can’t imagine Jim Ratcliffe is sitting in. Hotel room somewhere trying to buy kilos of coke from the NCA !

In addition the guy has a lot of cash reserves to make sure that IA doesn’t go under at the first hiccup, it won’t look good on him if it does.

I am sure there are quite a few on here who have flip flopped between carrying on and cancelling, I certainly have.

I certainly feel for the OP, as whether he has made a mistake on initial order is immaterial as IA have had plenty of time to bring up the error and sort it, and it sounds like they still haven’t got it right even when sat with the agent.

I jokingly suggested that there might be a few people who turn up to collect their vehicle and find something not quite what they ordered in another thread. Many a true word said in jest and I think it may well be a reality in a few weeks time.

It wouldn’t bother IA though as I could see them letting people walk away and then advertising them for the increased price to passing trade or the wait list clients.

Thoughts ?

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Whilst I am on the subject has anyone else been told that they (IA) can only sell 2000 Belstaff editions or none commercial editions in the UK every year.

I have certainly been told this along with it’s a max 6000 per year all told, so 4000 commercials.

I have also been told that there are 1500 orders in this year already for the Belstaffs so the order books on non commercial vehicles could effectively close very soon or you sign up knowing that you won’t get you vehicle until 2024 or buy a station wagon.

Is this old news ??

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I said months ago that in the future we could all be in the Delorean situation with these vehicles. Having said that the chances are far less likely as I can’t imagine Jim Ratcliffe is sitting in. Hotel room somewhere trying to buy kilos of coke from the NCA !

In addition the guy has a lot of cash reserves to make sure that IA doesn’t go under at the first hiccup, it won’t look good on him if it does.

I am sure there are quite a few on here who have flip flopped between carrying on and cancelling, I certainly have.

I certainly feel for the OP, as whether he has made a mistake on initial order is immaterial as IA have had plenty of time to bring up the error and sort it, and it sounds like they still haven’t got it right even when sat with the agent.

I jokingly suggested that there might be a few people who turn up to collect their vehicle and find something not quite what they ordered in another thread. Many a true word said in jest and I think it may well be a reality in a few weeks time.

It wouldn’t bother IA though as I could see them letting people walk away and then advertising them for the increased price to passing trade or the wait list clients.

Thoughts ?
I have noticed that some people seem to have so much trouble and others have almost zero.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thoughts ?
In "Quality Management" they say: negative publicity spreads like a fire, Positive publicity is build up stone by stone.

Ineos (Grenadier) is missing a real opportunity here.
If I wasn't in love with the concept and the car (that I never drove myself), I would do a lot of negative comments (what I do) about their communication and updates and customer care ... they have a lot to learn!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Whilst I am on the subject has anyone else been told that they (IA) can only sell 2000 Belstaff editions or none commercial editions in the UK every year.

I have certainly been told this along with it’s a max 6000 per year all told, so 4000 commercials.

I have also been told that there are 1500 orders in this year already for the Belstaffs so the order books on non commercial vehicles could effectively close very soon or you sign up knowing that you won’t get you vehicle until 2024 or buy a station wagon.

Is this old news ??
My father used to say " they reckon"
As in they reckon taxes are going up
They reckon they government is going to lose the next election
I used to ask him "who are they dad?"

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Thoughts ?
Once the embargo on reviews is lifted on the 8th of February we’ll know if we’re buying a turkey Or an Eagle. All of the off Road reviews so far indicate the latter. For those of us lucky enough to have driven one, it is the latter. I personally think Jim R has created a winner and is fulfilling a significant niche in the market but only time will tell..

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Is this old news ??
It’s to do with being a low volume producer. This article relates to EU volumes but I think those UK figures you quoted sound about right.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If that is the plan ordering the windows would have made it easier.
yep but I just don't know how long for the aftermarket to catch up and I really like the panel look/and when carrying a load of logs or some such cargo I don't hole a window. Would love some gull wings, best of bith worlds + access.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
yep but I just don't know how long for the aftermarket to catch up and I really like the panel look/and when carrying a load of logs or some such cargo I don't hole a window. Would love some gull wings, best of bith worlds + access.
I’m with you. As for logs I’ll be doing the same. We rely on wood burners to keep warm so plenty of logs are needed. I’m going to make up a ply box lining I can side in out for when filled up with logs and or tree saplings, plants, chainsaws and other equipment. Keeping it in reasonable nick for travels.

Back
Top Bottom