The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Brisbane Australia - Contract at Last

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:40 PM
Reaction score
Its looking really sad for next batch+ reservationists and I think August.... is.... slipping away from me! Could you imagine having to buy a Toyota... or Nissan... just to get me through :eek:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:40 PM
Reaction score
I confirmed that despite my earlier optimism, my early hand raiser manufacturing slot is probably late this month and realistically this might mean a late July / August delivery. This has some upside!.. July will be close to my birthday, while August will coincide with my daughter's graduation at Uni Tas! (= road/ferry trip!👍) Also, with increasing interest rates that means a few more $$ for post purchase add-ons. "🎼always look on the bright side of life!
Patience... patience.. patience...😉

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That is a very grown up way of seeing the delay DenisM - road/ferry trip sounds fun.

On the subject of contracts it seems a bit odd that after the last wave of them they appear to have dried up completely. Regardless of physical delays I'd have thought a few more contracts would've been sent out. Oh well.

eddyoz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:40 PM
Reaction score
After being an “Early Hand Raiser” and making a reservation 30 Sep 2021 and placing an order 18 May 22, my contract finally arrived last nigh 24 Feb 2023! …. and it all appears to be correct‼️
Trying to moderate my excitement as anything can happen, and as an old sick bugger hoping I can last the distance. Only have the Pilbara to check out and complete my Australian travels and would love to do that in the Grenadier. Do you reckon they’d be in a “remote delivery” for Aus?
Top dollar stamp duty in WA...better to buy Qld or SA

Mick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
After being an “Early Hand Raiser” and making a reservation 30 Sep 2021 and placing an order 18 May 22, my contract finally arrived last nigh 24 Feb 2023! …. and it all appears to be correct‼️
Trying to moderate my excitement as anything can happen, and as an old sick bugger hoping I can last the distance. Only have the Pilbara to check out and complete my Australian travels and would love to do that in the Grenadier. Do you reckon they’d be in a “remote delivery” for Aus?
Hi Bobby I have the same reservation and order dates, didn't sign till the 27th, just wondering if Ignition Car Centre in Stafford is your retailer?

Mick

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes Mick - Ignition Car Centre is who I have been dealing with - they seem to be getting about as much info as we are, although I must admit the last time I was in touch was only via email to let Randy know I had signed the contract just in case he wasn’t advised - didn’t dig for, or get any further info.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Reserved 7 Oct 21
Ordered 17 Aug 22
Contract 27 Feb 23

i have officially been raised to 'Contract Signed' status woohooo … now. Just have to hurry up and continue waiting for the next instalment, one day it will happen !!
My respective relevant dates are 13 Oct 2021, 19 May 2022, 27 Feb 2023.
Speculation:
the Hand Raiser date more significant than order date in respect of date for receipt of contract signature?
The economics of transporting to Aus. probably dictate a minimum number for a cost effective rate and this possibly influences production planning so that Australia-bound vehicles with signed contracts will be produced in batches.... at some / whenever time.
It's mild drizzling wet day in Brisbane.. Speculating on Ineos challenges while listening to rain on the tin roof of the deck is far more attractive than pulling weeds from the garden!😄

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My respective relevant dates are 13 Oct 2021, 19 May 2022, 27 Feb 2023.
Speculation:
the Hand Raiser date more significant than order date in respect of date for receipt of contract signature?
The economics of transporting to Aus. probably dictate a minimum number for a cost effective rate and this possibly influences production planning so that Australia-bound vehicles with signed contracts will be produced in batches.... at some / whenever time.
It's mild drizzling wet day in Brisbane.. Speculating on Ineos challenges while listening to rain on the tin roof of the deck is far more attractive than pulling weeds from the garden!😄
yeah that is a real kick in the nads where Aus contracts are being given for buyers with a later ordered date than me... no sign of a contract here.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
yeah that is a real kick in the nads where Aus contracts are being given for buyers with a later ordered date than me... no sign of a contract here.
I remember reading somewhere that the hand raiser date would take precedence .... remember there was a cut-off date of either a month or two weeks, can't remember, to put a "nominal" payment to indicate interest... then later the orders requiring the substantial deposit

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I remember reading somewhere that the hand raiser date would take precedence .... remember there was a cut-off date of either a month or two weeks, can't remember, to put a "nominal" payment to indicate interest... then later the orders requiring the substantial deposit
They stated…..

“To say ‘thank you’ for their early support, INEOS is inviting those who have registered their interest to now reserve their place in the queue for when orders open early in 2022.

A small, fully refundable fee ensures potential customers will be top of the list for when the Grenadier goes on sale. This early access period will last for two weeks, from September 30 – October 14, after which reservations open to the general public.”

The “small fee” was AUD $800

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:40 PM
Reaction score
Yes it has been the first two weeks.

Local time
Reaction score
Hey Iam the same I thought I would get mine last august. I just signed my contract.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone in AUS who aid the $800 early deposit should have their GRENs prior to anyone placing a later order at the full $5K deposit value. That is at least what IA has said. It would be a sad day if later order placements were delivered prior to us early fanatics!

Rooballer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone in AUS who aid the $800 early deposit should have their GRENs prior to anyone placing a later order at the full $5K deposit value. That is at least what IA has said. It would be a sad day if later order placements were delivered prior to us early fanatics!
I could not agree more - will be prety dissapointing if people that reserved/ordered after receive their vehicles sooner...

eddyoz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:40 PM
Reaction score
I paid the initial deposit 8th October 2021 but waited until viewing at the Perth WD show in Nov 2022 to configure and make up the full deposit.Was somewhat disappointed to lose the initial reservation and end up with a new order number and consequent loss of 'early adopter' and price reduction.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I paid the initial deposit 8th October 2021 but waited until viewing at the Perth WD show in Nov 2022 to configure and make up the full deposit.Was somewhat disappointed to lose the initial reservation and end up with a new order number and consequent loss of 'early adopter' and price reduction.
Damn that is a few $$ extra isn't it?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Damn that is a few $$ extra isn't it?
I paid the reservation on 8th March 2022
Paid the deposit of 21st July 2022 right after the Luxury car tax was removed and before the price rise. Saving a fortune!!!!!
Saw it for the first time in Perth on 9th November 2022
Drove it for the first time in Perth in Perth 10th November 2022
Drove it for the second time in Mt Tamborine QLD on 18Th December 2022

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Found out this morn via I.A. on line chat my VIN is 0989... apparently still shows 'on hold'...
On hold? Why on hold? Some of us feel out of production and now have much later build dates. Seems like we are being fed BS from IA, or at least the info given to or dealers is BS to keep is on the hook....

Back
Top Bottom