The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia South Australia Grenadier orders - Anyone?

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:52 AM
Reaction score
Yes, very sad indeed. Still awaiting the official letter though. This dealership (agency) was, looking at the comments in the forum, one of the best. Excellent rapport with customers and they fought very hard to get us information from Ineos in the early days. Their Ineos delivery book is very impressive!! The Mt Barker centre has zero skill base on Grenadiers and zero experience with the trials and tribulations of dealing with Ineos and is only a stop gap as it is owned by the same people handing the dealership back. If a proper dealership is not organized soon by Ineos I face a round trip of 1,600 kms to Melbourne plus accommodation costs just for a service.
I believe that this has been brought about by the appalling lack of communication by Ineos Australia to a fully committed and enthusiastic dealer who has spent a significant amount of money on a showroom, workshop, signage and assembling a great team of people.
I have been one of the biggest fans of Grenadier here in South Australia, being one of the earliest orders, pushing the brand at every event and person I met at shows and on the tracks. Of course it's hard to start from scratch and the vehicle is fantastic. The marketing is so slick and promises so much, but the harsh reality of after sales service is one of indifference to both owners and dealers. We don't even have manuals to look after our own cars.
If they truly want the brand to succeed, they cannot afford to lose excellent dealers like Adelaide Hills Group and the dedicated staff Greg had assembled to push the brand.
This is not the vision Jim Ratcliff promised us. At the arse end of the world, 15,790 kms from European closeness of everything, I often rely on my vehicle to get me home from some of the most remote parts of the world. Thats what Jim promised, I took him at his word and here we are, a major state in a first world country with no on going dealership or agency. If the Darwin agency goes next (owned by the same group) that's one third of Australia with no coverage. So much for the close100km service centres touted on the web site.
This isn't sour grapes, I love my Grenadier! Its the management that seems to be the problem.

Lets hope I am wrong and Ineos Australia has this under control. I feel terribly sorry for the great team that gave up good jobs to join Grenadier and who are now redundant.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:52 AM
Reaction score
Yes, very sad indeed. Still awaiting the official letter though. This dealership (agency) was, looking at the comments in the forum, one of the best. Excellent rapport with customers and they fought very hard to get us information from Ineos in the early days. Their Ineos delivery book is very impressive!! The Mt Barker centre has zero skill base on Grenadiers and zero experience with the trials and tribulations of dealing with Ineos and is only a stop gap as it is owned by the same people handing the dealership back. If a proper dealership is not organized soon by Ineos I face a round trip of 1,600 kms to Melbourne plus accommodation costs just for a service.
I believe that this has been brought about by the appalling lack of communication by Ineos Australia to a fully committed and enthusiastic dealer who has spent a significant amount of money on a showroom, workshop, signage and assembling a great team of people.
I have been one of the biggest fans of Grenadier here in South Australia, being one of the earliest orders, pushing the brand at every event and person I met at shows and on the tracks. Of course it's hard to start from scratch and the vehicle is fantastic. The marketing is so slick and promises so much, but the harsh reality of after sales service is one of indifference to both owners and dealers. We don't even have manuals to look after our own cars.
If they truly want the brand to succeed, they cannot afford to lose excellent dealers like Adelaide Hills Group and the dedicated staff Greg had assembled to push the brand.
This is not the vision Jim Ratcliff promised us. At the arse end of the world, 15,790 kms from European closeness of everything, I often rely on my vehicle to get me home from some of the most remote parts of the world. Thats what Jim promised, I took him at his word and here we are, a major state in a first world country with no on going dealership or agency. If the Darwin agency goes next (owned by the same group) that's one third of Australia with no coverage. So much for the close100km service centres touted on the web site.
This isn't sour grapes, I love my Grenadier! Its the management that seems to be the problem.

Lets hope I am wrong and Ineos Australia has this under control. I feel terribly sorry for the great team that gave up good jobs to join Grenadier and who are now redundant.
I can fully understand what you are writing. It really is very sad!

Back
Top Bottom