The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:37 AM
Reaction score
Can you see a possibility that this shelf can be adjusted to be a little higher? Perhaps adding additional holes for the side bracket mounting? I wouldn't mind a slightly shallower storage area to regain a bit of headroom in the rear.
It doesn't obstruct the headroom at all. It's just behind the headrests.

Kruegerruda

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:37 PM
Reaction score
Thanks to Bison! Easy ordering, quick support, it's very easy to fit the under roof-panel! Perfect fit in my 5-seater utility.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Installed the "under the Roof" shelf yesterday. I missed a plan but managed to install it within 30 minutes (including running for the right tools about ten times...)
It looks great an does not inflict the view back.
If you would make bigger openings in the wall to the front it might be possible to carry ski in the car 😬

If you are still looking for ideas. For me this Aliexpress item seems to be interesting as it helps to use the room better:

Best regards

bemax

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This site contains affiliate links for which The Grenadier Forum may be compensated.

coloradosnow

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:37 AM
Reaction score
Installed my shelf this weekend. the instructions shared in this forum were a big help - thank you. To those who had responded about rear visibility, you were bang on (not that I doubted your comments) - really doesn't impact at all. Is a nice piece of kit to get some things up and out of the way.

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:37 AM
Reaction score
Received my inside ceiling rack. Surprised that it is made from steel. Why? Looks great and powerful, but way overkill. Same design in aluminum would be adequate and lighter. This is not a high (torque, load, stress) requirement. Still, it's going in.

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:37 PM
Reaction score
Received my inside ceiling rack. Surprised that it is made from steel. Why? Looks great and powerful, but way overkill. Same design in aluminum would be adequate and lighter. This is not a high (torque, load, stress) requirement. Still, it's going in.
The useful part of it being made from steel is that it's magnetic so I have installed a rechargeable magnetic light as the factory light is now obscured by things stored in the shelf.

Attachments

• IMG20240213172334.jpg
    IMG20240213172334.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 89

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:37 PM
Reaction score

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone know if the storage case for the safari windows would fit in the Bison Gear cargo shelf?

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:37 AM
Reaction score
I can check for you tomorrow
Hi Rob, Yes, I am considering the Bison Gear Cargo Shelf too. If you have the Safari Window's case, can you take a few photos showing if it stores easily on the shelf and exactly what type of room is left over. I am hoping to store my Safari Window Case up there and hoping there is enough room left over to place two Front Runner Expander Chairs on top of each other and to the side of the Safari Window bag. The chairs are super compact when folded and very comfortable. My plan if space permits is to stack two on top of each other next to the Safari Window case. The size of each chair when folded is: L 61mm (2.4") x W 444.5mm (17.5") x H 417mm (16.4"). I also ordered a storage bags for each chair. See links here. Let me know if the Safari Window Bag and 2 Front Runner Chairs stacked on top of each other to the side will fit without ruining the headliner. Thanks in advance. DaBull

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Rob, Yes, I am considering the Bison Gear Cargo Shelf too. If you have the Safari Window's case, can you take a few photos showing if it stores easily on the shelf and exactly what type of room is left over. I am hoping to store my Safari Window Case up there and hoping there is enough room left over to place two Front Runner Expander Chairs on top of each other and to the side of the Safari Window bag. The chairs are super compact when folded and very comfortable. My plan if space permits is to stack two on top of each other next to the Safari Window case. The size of each chair when folded is: L 61mm (2.4") x W 444.5mm (17.5") x H 417mm (16.4"). I also ordered a storage bags for each chair. See links here. Let me know if the Safari Window Bag and 2 Front Runner Chairs stacked on top of each other to the side will fit without ruining the headliner. Thanks in advance. DaBull
My guess ins the depth won't be enough for the chair to be stored that way, you can always use velcro or bungee straps to hang them from underneath the shelf worst case.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I agree the Safari roof case needs a spot to live. I really like this product, but the shipping combined with the fact that it's steel instead of aluminum kind of have me on the fence.

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
IMG_7752.jpegIMG_7751.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom