The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

coloradosnow

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:55 PM
Reaction score
All, checking for those who have purchased how it affects your rear visibility. Site looks good. Product looks excellent. Nice to read the installation instructions and views who have already installed - looks straight forward. Just interested in how much visibility you lose. It appears to come down from the top to just above the back headrests. Which if filled (and maybe even if not, with the metal frame) appears to leave a pretty small 'window' from which to see out the back. Is a judgement question so appreciate any perspective from you all early users! thanks!

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:55 PM
Reaction score
All, checking for those who have purchased how it affects your rear visibility. Site looks good. Product looks excellent. Nice to read the installation instructions and views who have already installed - looks straight forward. Just interested in how much visibility you lose. It appears to come down from the top to just above the back headrests. Which if filled (and maybe even if not, with the metal frame) appears to leave a pretty small 'window' from which to see out the back. Is a judgement question so appreciate any perspective from you all early users! thanks!
I did not adjust my rear view mirror after installation. I see about the same amount through the mirror, maybe lost a sliver of sight at the top from where my mirror was set. Doesn't obstruct the view of the spare tire at all ;)

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:55 PM
Reaction score
The visibility is not at all affected…

Sip27

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:55 PM
Reaction score
Hi

Does the shelf fit with the factory dog guard?
The instructions show the guard in the first picture but does not show shelf and guard installed together.

Thanks for your time
Neil

coloradosnow

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:55 PM
Reaction score
I did not adjust my rear view mirror after installation. I see about the same amount through the mirror, maybe lost a sliver of sight at the top from where my mirror was set. Doesn't obstruct the view of the spare tire at all ;)
Thanks Chadd7

motolatte

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm attaching installation instructions.

🔗 INEOS shelf installation instruction
Any insight into Ineos releasing a "retrofit" of the utility rail L-Channel for under the rear window or your company making a bracket for the Side Molle Panels that will work with the "bump stop" trim under the rear windows? I'm assuming the captive nuts in the frame are the same, but I could not get any good info from the dealer on upgrading post production.

motolatte

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Same... not really losing enough where I was conscious of it.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Small tip. After driving about 100 miles, my shelf started to rattle a bit. I tightened all the bolts and rattle is gone. I keep my Torx screwdriver in the vehicle.

Bison-Gear

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Small tip. After driving about 100 miles, my shelf started to rattle a bit. I tightened all the bolts and rattle is gone. I keep my Torx screwdriver in the vehicle.
The installation instructions specify that the bolts need to be tightened after the initial journey. In certain instances, the paint may compress, requiring a subsequent tightening of the bolts. Once this adjustment is made, the bolts will remain secure and not come loose.

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Your suggestions play a crucial role in shaping our future offerings, so feel free to share your ideas with us. We appreciate your interest and support!
A lockable box for under the roof for transporting a rifle, where your roof shelf sits… The dimensions of the compartment should be 900mm x 300mm x 120mm… And it should be able to fit in cube foam…
Please contact me vie PM, Pavel @Bison-Gear

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:55 PM
Reaction score
Shelf received and installed great piece of kit @Bison-Gear View attachment 7842655
Really nice - it should come with an optional fold up rear door that is lockable.
That pickup unit is too large for the Grenadier as it would go all they to the back door and it would take up too much space for me. That is just me though.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Really nice - it should come with an optional fold up rear door that is lockable.
That pickup unit is too large for the Grenadier as it would go all they to the back door and it would take up too much space for me. That is just me though.
I was thinking just loops and a mesh net to close up the back end. Quality looking item nonetheless.

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:55 PM
Reaction score
Can you see a possibility that this shelf can be adjusted to be a little higher? Perhaps adding additional holes for the side bracket mounting? I wouldn't mind a slightly shallower storage area to regain a bit of headroom in the rear.

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Jeffrey It might be possible to add some washers and longer screws so the shelf sits higher on the brackets.

Bildschirmfoto 2024-02-05 um 17.46.31.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom