The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Bell sound when bouncing on something

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:26 AM
Reaction score
Last Friday, they replaced my steering damper at my dealer, under warranty (see my posts above).

The damper has the following reference:
20231027_131539.jpg

To be honest I doubt if my problem came from the damper itself, but anyway, the problem was a Grenadier problem and not my driving behavior. I explain ...
  • I got my bell sound when driving over stones, in holes, or speed limiters, since the beginning I had my car.
  • The sound was clearly the sound of the damper (see my video's above), I can't imagine something else doing that same sound.
  • But, I discovered also a loose nut on a stabilizer some month ago, see my post of October 1. I fixed that myself!
  • I didn't drive on bad roads since that date, but didn't hear the noise anymore.
  • Only one time, on a speed limiter, I drove (on purpose) full speed: no sound at all.
  • The technician at the garage tried - after putting the new damper - to provoke the bell sound again and ... he succeeded, only once!
My conclusion, with some doubts: the loose nut of the stabilizer was the cause of the sound in the damper, but ... due to the many times this happened, probably there was some minor damage in the damper. If you hit long enough on a clock, it will crack!

Therefore, my advice: as soon as you get a "bell sound" when driving on a small obstacle, check the stabilizers!

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
So is it fixed? And if by tightening the nut or changing the damper?

AWo

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So is it fixed? And if by tightening the nut or changing the damper?

AWo
Like I explained: I think tightening the nut did it. As you know, I tightened it! Hedin wasn't involved. And I didn't think/believe that the sound was related to the damper sound. Probably I was wrong.

But anyway, last Friday they changed also the damper.

Back
Top Bottom