The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Bell sound when bouncing on something

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:32 AM
Reaction score
I give you two options depending on your budget:

You own a Grenadier now...

Local time
1:32 PM
Reaction score
I give you two options depending on your budget:

You own a Grenadier now...
Should Ineos sell Grenadier branded jacks ;) haha

Jesus (this isn't an abbreviation, and before somebody corrects me, it isn't your name either), do you want me to again spend money on something I will only use once in my life? :unsure: :mad:
Yeah off course how else would you gather too much shit you don't need :D

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
At the age of the average Grenadier owner any new tool has to be seen as an inheritance item - who doesn't want to invest in their children's future?

My current trolley jack must be nearly 40 years old and never spilt a drop of oil.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:32 AM
Reaction score
At the age of the average Grenadier owner any new tool has to be seen as an inheritance item - who doesn't want to invest in their children's future?

My current trolley jack must be nearly 40 years old and never spilt a drop of oil.
My words. In the past - that was quality.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:32 PM
Reaction score

My daughter will be thrilled to inherit a trolley jack.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Are you telling me something about Ken I didn't know. :oops:

Reactions: PBD

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:32 AM
Reaction score
Are you telling me something about Ken I didn't know. :oops:
Ken is Barbie’s boyfriend and he has blonde hair, blue eyes and a washboard stomach. I don’t know if he got his grenadier by now.

Local time
1:32 PM
Reaction score

You sure there is Oil in there ? ;)

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:32 AM
Reaction score
If you grab the large part of the shock absorber/damper does it move and touch against the smaller part that slides inside it ? How is the steering ? does it feel light. Is the damper damaged?

I did some moving, of the stabilizer bar and the shock absorber, at 0 km/h, and could reproduce the sound! It looks like indeed the inner part and outer part touch each other! See the video, at the end I clearly can reproduce the sound I have on the street, by twisting the stabilizer bar, pity I did move my camera at the middle of the recording, but I think the situation is clear.

I will have to ask my dealer and/or Ineos to solve this, because this is most annoying!

@DCPU : I saved some money, I will not buy a trolley jack. :devilish:

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I did some moving, of the stabilizer bar and the shock absorber, at 0 km/h, and could reproduce the sound! It looks like indeed the inner part and outer part touch each other! See the video, at the end I clearly can reproduce the sound I have on the street, by twisting the stabilizer bar, pity I did move my camera at the middle of the recording, but I think the situation is clear.

I will have to ask my dealer and/or Ineos to solve this, because this is most annoying!

Ok sounds like the damper might be knackered. Back to the dealer it is then. They must love you 😂😂

IG Pop

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Don’t know why but I luv your videos with the heavy breathing, Quasimodo ?!!!

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wednesday my car was on the bridge, and while the INEOS manager ("Arno") had a possible explanation for my "bell sound" that I doubt about, the workshop manager and his technician agree that it is probably inside the shock absorber (damper) itself: I hope the manager contacts Ineos and that they replace the shock absorber.

20231004_150328.jpg

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
By looking at this picture I only can imagine it is inside the damper. Nowhere else is something to generate such a noise. It is not a single "Klonk" like it would be if something hits the rod, it os more of a rattle, like having six million nails in a sack.

Another thing I could i would check (don't remeber yet if you ruled that out already) are loose dust shields. There are thin metall plates, where stones like to hide just to make a squeezy noise while you drive. because they are thin and light and metal they could also generate such a noise, if they are loose.

AWo

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
By looking at this picture I only can imagine it is inside the damper. Nowhere else is something to generate such a noise. It is not a single "Klonk" like it would be if something hits the rod, it os more of a rattle, like having six million nails in a sack.

Another thing I could i would check (don't remeber yet if you ruled that out already) are loose dust shields. There are thin metall plates, where stones like to hide just to make a squeezy noise while you drive. because they are thin and light and metal they could also generate such a noise, if they are loose.

AWo
I had already checked the shields, and while the car was on the bridge, the technician and myself checked almost everything, so this is ruled out!
It is inside the damper indeed!

Back
Top Bottom