The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Australia full Software update.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:19 PM
Reaction score
That’s a strange one having to open the back seat doors 20mins before disconnecting the batteries.
I can see that causing me problems when shipping the vehicle home as the shipping agent may not observe that rule after he’s got the vehicle into the container. 🤔
I think it's only an issue after the latest software update.
Confirmed anecdotally by disconnecting the battery on mine (without the update) and not suffering any consequences.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:19 AM
Reaction score
I think it's only an issue after the latest software update.
Confirmed anecdotally by disconnecting the battery on mine (without the update) and not suffering any consequences.
Well mine is in the Windhoek dealership having remedial works done And some software stuff. I’m not sure if I’m getting a full update or not.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Well mine is in the Windhoek dealership having remedial works done And some software stuff. I’m not sure if I’m getting a full update or not.
I'm sure when you get it back it will start, steer, run and stop - and the new cable ties will be extra heavy duty!

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:19 AM
Reaction score
That’s a strange one having to open the back seat doors 20mins before disconnecting the batteries.
I can see that causing me problems when shipping the vehicle home as the shipping agent may not observe that rule after he’s got the vehicle into the container. 🤔
Mine has already the "1946" update, and I disconnected both batteries two days ago to install the CTEK D250SE, without knowing about the "20 min backdoor procedure", and nothing happened, apart from some sparks when I connected the earth cable of the D250SE. Everything works fine.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:19 AM
Reaction score
Had mine done yesterday no problems, the audio seems better, they did say i have to open the back seat doors for 20 mins before disconnecting the battery or the computer will need a reset, before the update was done I didn't have many warnings on the info screen and my trialmaster has had no issues except for the aircon condensation leaking onto the passenger floor a fix is on its way
Yes, what?!

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Here's an update on the software issue status I just received from my agent:

As indicated in recent communications, the latest new Grenadiers that have recently arrived are equipped with the newest software already pre-loaded at manufacture which, unexpectedly, does not give us access to settings that reactivate the mandatory passenger airbag. This has prevented the completion of Pre-Delivery on your new Grenadier, causing an unavoidable and unforeseen delay in your (much anticipated) handover.

Ineos has just updated us on the status and expected timelines to rectification of affected vehicles.

To you, our customer who was expecting an imminent delivery and have been frustrated by this unforeseen delay, Ineos has asked that we pass on their acute awareness of the situation, their strong focus on a rapid validation and deployment of the software update and their clear understanding of your frustrations.

This is the updated status from Ineos:

• The technical teams in the UK and Germany have now developed a software solution to address this issue and reinstate the ability to reactivate the passenger airbag using the menu in the central display unit (HMI).
  • Ineos anticipates that software validation will be complete by Friday, February 9 (UK timing) with deployment in the field to follow immediately after the official sign off approval has been completed on Thursday February 15 (ANZ timing)
  • The deployment of this software solution will be confirmed once available locally. Most likely it will be deployed in our Service department on the INEOS Grade X diagnostic platform
  • Usual pre-delivery and accessory installation is still being performed to progress workflow in anticipation of the solution being delivered in a matter of days.
  • Ineos will provide an update to Brighton AG | Ineos Grenadier next week to confirm the progression of the software, from development to test to field deployment, and Ineos is confident that the teams working to deploy the solution will meet the indicated timelines.
Brighton AG | Ineos Grenadier will provide you an update and eventual scheduling of your handover based on the anticipated dates for the software availability.

I hope this helps clarify things for those still waiting.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Finally the first explanation that makes sense.

It also confirms my private suspicion that the Australian firmware had the bug.

Local time
Reaction score
I had mine in yesterday (@Magic in Perth) for a software update. Prior to going in I had regular bings, bongs, warnings and glitches with the central display. Since collecting yesterday afternoon I can report they have all disappeared. Between the software update and the reduced vibration from a heat shield massage, the whole experience of the Grenny is much more refined and enjoyable!

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had mine in yesterday (@Magic in Perth) for a software update. Prior to going in I had regular bings, bongs, warnings and glitches with the central display. Since collecting yesterday afternoon I can report they have all disappeared. Between the software update and the reduced vibration from a heat shield massage, the whole experience of the Grenny is much more refined and enjoyable!
Was this the relatively quick 1946 update or the most recent (and longer) update spoken about by Stevio above? Have mine booked in for the major update this coming Tuesday but...😶 :)

Local time
Reaction score
Was this the relatively quick 1946 update or the most recent (and longer) update spoken about by Stevio above? Have mine booked in for the major update this coming Tuesday but...😶 :)
Not sure to be honest. They needed both keys present and had the car for most of the day. Mine is one of the earlier cars (delivered around 6 months ago) and hadn't yet been back to the dealer for anything.

petercgiugni

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Here's an update on the software issue status I just received from my agent:

As indicated in recent communications, the latest new Grenadiers that have recently arrived are equipped with the newest software already pre-loaded at manufacture which, unexpectedly, does not give us access to settings that reactivate the mandatory passenger airbag. This has prevented the completion of Pre-Delivery on your new Grenadier, causing an unavoidable and unforeseen delay in your (much anticipated) handover.

Ineos has just updated us on the status and expected timelines to rectification of affected vehicles.

To you, our customer who was expecting an imminent delivery and have been frustrated by this unforeseen delay, Ineos has asked that we pass on their acute awareness of the situation, their strong focus on a rapid validation and deployment of the software update and their clear understanding of your frustrations.

This is the updated status from Ineos:

• The technical teams in the UK and Germany have now developed a software solution to address this issue and reinstate the ability to reactivate the passenger airbag using the menu in the central display unit (HMI).
  • Ineos anticipates that software validation will be complete by Friday, February 9 (UK timing) with deployment in the field to follow immediately after the official sign off approval has been completed on Thursday February 15 (ANZ timing)
  • The deployment of this software solution will be confirmed once available locally. Most likely it will be deployed in our Service department on the INEOS Grade X diagnostic platform
  • Usual pre-delivery and accessory installation is still being performed to progress workflow in anticipation of the solution being delivered in a matter of days.
  • Ineos will provide an update to Brighton AG | Ineos Grenadier next week to confirm the progression of the software, from development to test to field deployment, and Ineos is confident that the teams working to deploy the solution will meet the indicated timelines.
Brighton AG | Ineos Grenadier will provide you an update and eventual scheduling of your handover based on the anticipated dates for the software availability.

I hope this helps clarify things for those still waiting.
Thanks for this update. Hoping I might pick mine up Thursday!

eddyoz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:19 PM
Reaction score
Hi all. Picked it up today. RAI/side light repaired, software update and the recalls. Took longer than I would have liked but it was supply of the module that held it up.
I have included info on what was done.
New transfer case, rai fix still doesn't look amazing but the light fits now. Some other stuff.
Anyway. Glad I have it back.
In their defence it's the first time I have had it in there, and no record of any other updates.
Android auto doesn't work unless plugged in, which I was hoping for with update. Oh well. Software still ends in 1946. Doesn't look like that changed.
Haven't noticed anything different.
I have some new toys to try, and roof bars to install
Pedro
Amazing,I have never received any paperwork confirming/updates/recalls....log book is still blank!....even after requests.That's 'Magic'.

pedrogb

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Amazing,I have never received any paperwork confirming/updates/recalls....log book is still blank!....even after requests.That's 'Magic'.
I guess they aren't safety recalls. Just issues they have identified and wish to update. If I hadn't asked about fixing the RAI, I wouldnt have known anything either. I asked about that, and then they raised the updates and said they would be done at same time. I'm sure the plan wasn't for it to take over a week. But what can you do.

pedrogb

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I guess they aren't safety recalls. Just issues they have identified and wish to update. If I hadn't asked about fixing the RAI, I wouldnt have known anything either. I asked about that, and then they raised the updates and said they would be done at same time. I'm sure the plan wasn't for it to take over a week. But what can you do.
Latest software update apparently allows you to turn off passenger front air bag ? In the menu?
They also checked the jack handle, not sure for what?.
They are the latest updates.
They did nothing about RAI unfortunately.
At least they washed it!
They also said they would get the oil in for oil change, after the Brissy trip I'm at 10500 kms

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They also checked the jack handle, not sure for what?
For some early delivery vehicles the slot in the end of the jack handle did not fit over the roll pin in the pump sleeve (or over the release valve) so you could not use the jack. There was also bits of the handle breaking off. It was reported here which caused me to check then modify my jack handle so it could be used.

K1LL3M

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Finally recieved my vehicle back with new transfer case and the update.

Software is x1946. Not sure on head unit, but they had to update that again, after the bcm update

Recommendation for anyone getting it done, note down your engine hours from the menu before handover. And if anyone asks, service interval running time is 500hrs. This is because after the update they have to use the scan tool to enter this info (if you get "service due" notifications, its likely because they have not done this part, or done it incorrectly)
-Time until next service (so remember when your last service or purchase date was)
-Distance until next service
-Hours until next service.
This info is availble in the menu

New transfer case was again really stiff to change first up, but a couple of changes and it is feeling better.

No chimes when starting (how we used to wait for the 2 chimes, they do not happen now)

Battery charging appears to be much better. From my experience the previous profile would try to keep the battery around 85%, now looks to be fully charging. Still early days though

No wireless Android Auto
AC condenser leak not fixed yet, but there is a fix, they want to do it on the shop car first
PDC beeping at front still a random issue
Tire pressure sensors need more time I think (these had to be re added to vehicle after update)
At this moment other random head unit errors appear to have gone
Passenger air bag is now switchable (dont know why or how thats ok, but it is)
As mentioned, no longer any wheel speed details or additional info screen in offroad mode (i liked that screen).

I think that covers my update experiences

Last edited:

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
4:19 AM
Reaction score
Have had the software upgrade a few weeks ago but eversince I keep getting Tyre Pressure warnings up in orange. One day it refers to the right rear tyre and the next waring it refers to the two front tyres, Sometimes it says a tyre is under pressure at 37plb and paints that tyre in orange and all the others in white despite the fact that they too are all noted as having 37plb in them. Next day all good and no warnings for a couple of day but then it comes back again only to go away after a week or so. Cant fix it here in Townsville as we are in the process of uplifting the house to go to Cairns. BMW Cairns be warned Im coming in a couple of weeks time.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have had the software upgrade a few weeks ago but eversince I keep getting Tyre Pressure warnings up in orange. One day it refers to the right rear tyre and the next waring it refers to the two front tyres, Sometimes it says a tyre is under pressure at 37plb and paints that tyre in orange and all the others in white despite the fact that they too are all noted as having 37plb in them. Next day all good and no warnings for a couple of day but then it comes back again only to go away after a week or so. Cant fix it here in Townsville as we are in the process of uplifting the house to go to Cairns. BMW Cairns be warned Im coming in a couple of weeks time.
I have the latest firmware on mine (which came out a week ago). My high tyre pressure triggered at 42psi. Once that triggered it seem to ignore any other tyres hitting 42 psi (both affected tyres were the rears). The first affected tyre was in amber, the others stayed white. Once it dropped below 42 psi, it went away (after I stopped).

I had changed my tyres to psi in Settings.

It would be good if you could set your own limits for the tyres. Brands and tyre types do differ.

Last edited:

Zacman110

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:19 PM
Reaction score

Hi Les, Hope you're enjoying the Grenadier. I believe there is a "reset cold pressure" function in the settings which should (may?) alleviate your warnings.

Back
Top Bottom