The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Australia full Software update.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:14 AM
Reaction score
Have had the software upgrade a few weeks ago but eversince I keep getting Tyre Pressure warnings up in orange. One day it refers to the right rear tyre and the next waring it refers to the two front tyres, Sometimes it says a tyre is under pressure at 37plb and paints that tyre in orange and all the others in white despite the fact that they too are all noted as having 37plb in them. Next day all good and no warnings for a couple of day but then it comes back again only to go away after a week or so. Cant fix it here in Townsville as we are in the process of uplifting the house to go to Cairns. BMW Cairns be warned Im coming in a couple of weeks time.
Tyre pressure warnings can be fixed by first of all ensuring the COLD tyre pressures are correct. Then goto settings on the infotainment system, vehicle information, tyre pressures, press reset, job done. This is typical BMW system, it always must be reset after tyres are inflated or deflated.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:14 PM
Reaction score
Was this the relatively quick 1946 update or the most recent (and longer) update spoken about by Stevio above? Have mine booked in for the major update this coming Tuesday but...😶 :)

Update (mentioned briefly in another thread): Had the latest 2.5hr major software update. Not sure what this did exactly. I do see alternator now regularly charging up to 16amps that I didn't see before, was usually 1 or 2 amps even if batteries were low-ish volts but that could be just a coincidence.

Note that there is a small chance that this upgrade could fry a body control module and your car is then out of action until another is sourced. There is a very low percentage failure I'm advised - but it fried mine never the less. Fortunately Ric at SLRV had a couple in stock for such an occasion and replaced mine at the time. Happy days. Great service from SLRV. 😀

pedrogb

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Update (mentioned briefly in another thread): Had the latest 2.5hr major software update. Not sure what this did exactly. I do see alternator now regularly charging up to 16amps that I didn't see before, was usually 1 or 2 amps even if batteries were low-ish volts but that could be just a coincidence.

Note that there is a small chance that this upgrade could fry a body control module and your car is then out of action until another is sourced. There is a very low percentage failure I'm advised - but it fried mine never the less. Fortunately Ric at SLRV had a couple in stock for such an occasion and replaced mine at the time. Happy days. Great service from SLRV. 😀
Hi all
I did have a tyre pressure issue on my trip to Brisbane post the software update as well. One tyre (it showed driver side front) as pressure high. It showed approx 15kpa over the other tyres, and warned it was high. I'd been driving for 3 hrs by then. I attempted to lower the pressure, and my daughter who was watching the pressures, said "wrong tyre Dad! I moved to another tyre, again it wasn't the alarming one. So I don't know what to do about that, just drove to next servo, and set all to 270 kpa, I didn't see another warning. I keep meaning to reset them at cold pressure, but keep forgetting. I will carry a tyre gauge again.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My car has the latest Australian firmware (including the airbag fix). It came that way on delivery, so I have nothing to compare it too.

The Stop/Start function on my car (when I forget to turn it off) turns off the engine when the car is stopped, then immediately restarts the car all in less than 1/2 a second. This seems odd. Do other owners cars do this or is it a firmware issue?

EDIT: Dealer just said it can happen when there is a high power draw (like air con is switched on or battery is low). I suggested the system should check draw or battery level before turning the car off and then back on. I have had this happen when the air con is off and there was no obvious high draw sources on.

Last edited:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My car has the latest Australian firmware (including the airbag fix). It came that way on delivery, so I have nothing to compare it too.

The Stop/Start function on my car (when I forget to turn it off) turns off the engine when the car is stopped, then immediately restarts the car all in less than 1/2 a second. This seems odd. Do other owners cars do this or is it a firmware issue?

EDIT: Dealer just said it can happen when there is a high power draw (like air con is switched on or battery is low). I suggested the system should check draw or battery level before turning the car off and then back on. I have had this happen when the air con is off and there was no obvious high draw sources on.
The system is also very sensitive the pressure of your foot on the brake pedal...

Local time
Reaction score

This is super common on all cars with a stop/start function. Was the same on my old A-Class & the sprinter vans we had at my old workplace.

pedrogb

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm with DenisM. Slightest lift off of brake pedal pressure and you are back on. I live in Townsville. Air con is always on.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks. I will try to turn the thing off all the time.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:14 PM
Reaction score
The system is also very sensitive the pressure of your foot on the brake pedal...
I can't say just yet what the Grenadier is like, but Mercs are very pressure (brake pedal) sensitive.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I left Stop/Start on, stopped the car and put on the handbrake (released the foot brake) and after that the car stopped and immediately restarted. It was charging the battery at 18 amps at the time, but the the battery was at 92% charge.

Never seen the Stop/Start do anything but immediately restart.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:14 PM
Reaction score

pedrogb

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I left Stop/Start on, stopped the car and put on the handbrake (released the foot brake) and after that the car stopped and immediately restarted. It was charging the battery at 18 amps at the time, but the the battery was at 92% charge.

Never seen the Stop/Start do anything but immediately restart.
I'll see if I can replicate that tomorrow morning on way to work.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:14 PM
Reaction score
If you have found it, you could anyway post the version.

I'm not sure but I think I had seen a similiar version number like in Europe: ...1946

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I'm not sure but I think I had seen a similiar version number like in Europe: ...1946
Finally found it. Australian Firmware ending in 1946.

pedrogb

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Finally found it. Australian Firmware ending in 1946.
Hi all.
This mornings test drive......
Stop car at lights.
Foot on brake, engine stops
Apply parking brake.
Foot off brake, car restarts before pedal is all the way returned.
I'm not a professional though

Last edited:

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
6:14 AM
Reaction score
Tyre pressure warnings can be fixed by first of all ensuring the COLD tyre pressures are correct. Then goto settings on the infotainment system, vehicle information, tyre pressures, press reset, job done. This is typical BMW system, it always must be reset after tyres are inflated or deflated.
Thanks for that and indeed that fixed my problem. Any thanks.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

The previous S/W version I had was 000 000 0353 00 1939
Yesterday it was "upgraded" to 000 000 0364 00 1946
While the last 4 digits seem to indicate the 'latest version' applicable to both gasoline/petrol and diesel engined vehicles, I'm wondering if there's a significance attached to the earlier digits, and whether there has been any change to the actual engine management systems.
I raise this because I noticed a definite "improvement" in the smoothness of the diesel Grenadier I was offered as a loan car (3,700km and the "xxxx1946" s/w) while mine (6,950km) was being upgraded....

When I collected mine later in the day, apart from the welcome absence of random chimes and messages, I was prepared for the expected 'harsh' note... instead the engine note was noticeably 'smoother' like the loan car :unsure:. I might indeed be imagining it, but if other issues have been optimised...I'm wondering what impact this might have on the EMS..
Thoughts??

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
... instead the engine note was noticeably 'smoother' like the loan car :unsure:. I might indeed be imagining it, but if other issues have been optimised...I'm wondering what impact this might have on the EMS..
Thoughts??
You got a LOAN CAR??? SLRV on the Gold Coast still don't seem to be able to manage this. Ridiculous on a vehicle this expensive not to have that facility from a service agent - not even a get-around jalopy. It makes scheduling to drop off & pick up the vehicle almost impossible for us. Besides, I would love the opportunity to drive another Grenadier so I can make my own comparsion obervations.

Back
Top Bottom