The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Australia full Software update.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:15 PM
Reaction score
Also I was told that with the new update, if we need to disconnect the battery, we now need to open the back doors for 15mins before doing so. This puts/allows all the ecu / modules to sleep first.

Failure to do so results in an airbag warning light on the dash that you will need to return to the dealer to clear. (Unsure if it can also be cleared with an aftermarket OBD2 tool)
Thanks for that. I'll prepare a note and duct tape it to my batteries

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was told my car has been updated with the latest firmware, but delivery remains on hold awaiting the airbag software patch.

I do not know if the airbag software patch is to the firmware or some other software. No date on the patch, probably because INEOS are still working on it. So, no delivery date either.

pedrogb

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was told my car has been updated with the latest firmware, but delivery remains on hold awaiting the airbag software patch.

I do not know if the airbag software patch is to the firmware or some other software. No date on the patch, probably because INEOS are still working on it. So, no delivery date either.
Latest is.... update into new module didn't work
England will be remoting in to the update process hopefully this evening.
However I did manage to organise something.....
Young local fellow did it for me. Need a car to test it on🤣

Attachments

• 20240206_160636.jpg
    20240206_160636.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 93

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:15 PM
Reaction score
Latest is.... update into new module didn't work
England will be remoting in to the update process hopefully this evening.
However I did manage to organise something.....
Young local fellow did it for me. Need a car to test it on🤣
That looks like Shale Blue. I'll take one. DaBull

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had my software update last week (now 1946 version installed).

Like many the front parking sensors are still a problem.

The technican said the issue may be caused by the front outer sensors being slightly misaligned.

For those with diesel engines - the service manager said there was so much customer feedback regarding the amount of turbo lag that INEOS is looking to reduce this issue in the next software update - likely end of 2024.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Car is currently under going the software update.

I have been advised that 1 module had a problem accepting the update and they are waiting on Ineos remote connect to correct. Hoping that works out ok, without bricking it and needing a new module.

Also I was told that with the new update, if we need to disconnect the battery, we now need to open the back doors for 15mins before doing so. This puts/allows all the ecu / modules to sleep first.

Failure to do so results in an airbag warning light on the dash that you will need to return to the dealer to clear. (Unsure if it can also be cleared with an aftermarket OBD2 tool)
That’s new information, hadn’t heard that before and my agent didn’t mention it.

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had my software update last week (now 1946 version installed).

The technican said the issue may be caused by the front outer sensors being slightly misaligned.

For those with diesel engines - the service manager said there was so much customer feedback regarding the amount of turbo lag that INEOS is looking to reduce this issue in the next software update - likely end of 2024.
My favourite is reversing on an incline, putting the foot on the accelerator and nothing happening, then the engine kicks in. Fun times

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
So they are adjustable?
Or the body is misaligned and the sensors are OK?

K1LL3M

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Car is currently under going the software update.

Hoping that works out ok, without bricking it and needing a new one

Well they bricked it. Its a body module and now its 2 days to get it from Melbourne

But apparently there is plenty available.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone in Bris. been through this yet, and want to share the results.
I'm booked in for S/W update late Feb.
Seems the Brisbane local dealer has been quite conservative on this s/w update process.... which is reassuring!

pedrogb

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all. Picked it up today. RAI/side light repaired, software update and the recalls. Took longer than I would have liked but it was supply of the module that held it up.
I have included info on what was done.
New transfer case, rai fix still doesn't look amazing but the light fits now. Some other stuff.
Anyway. Glad I have it back.
In their defence it's the first time I have had it in there, and no record of any other updates.
Android auto doesn't work unless plugged in, which I was hoping for with update. Oh well. Software still ends in 1946. Doesn't look like that changed.
Haven't noticed anything different.
I have some new toys to try, and roof bars to install
Pedro

Attachments

• 20240207_171919.jpg
    20240207_171919.jpg
    790.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 20240207_171913.jpg
    20240207_171913.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
  • 20240207_171905.jpg
    20240207_171905.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
  • 20240207_171857.jpg
    20240207_171857.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 38
  • 20240207_174223.jpg
    20240207_174223.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:15 PM
Reaction score
Hi all. Picked it up today. RAI/side light repaired, software update and the recalls. Took longer than I would have liked but it was supply of the module that held it up.
I have included info on what was done.
New transfer case, rai fix still doesn't look amazing but the light fits now. Some other stuff.
Anyway. Glad I have it back.
In their defence it's the first time I have had it in there, and no record of any other updates.
Android auto doesn't work unless plugged in, which I was hoping for with update. Oh well. Software still ends in 1946. Doesn't look like that changed.
Haven't noticed anything different.
I have some new toys to try, and roof bars to install
Pedro
I've got a sore neck now after reading that :LOL:

Greenineos

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone in Australia had the full software update yet? Not just the head unit. Mine booked in next week but keen to hear what people’s experiences have been with the full deal
Completed.
Had mine done yesterday no problems, the audio seems better, they did say i have to open the back seat doors for 20 mins before disconnecting the battery or the computer will need a reset, before the update was done I didn't have many warnings on the info screen and my trialmaster has had no issues except for the aircon condensation leaking onto the passenger floor a fix is on its way

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:15 AM
Reaction score
Had mine done yesterday no problems, the audio seems better, they did say i have to open the back seat doors for 20 mins before disconnecting the battery or the computer will need a reset, before the update was done I didn't have many warnings on the info screen and my trialmaster has had no issues except for the aircon condensation leaking onto the passenger floor a fix is on its way
That’s a strange one having to open the back seat doors 20mins before disconnecting the batteries.
I can see that causing me problems when shipping the vehicle home as the shipping agent may not observe that rule after he’s got the vehicle into the container. 🤔

Back
Top Bottom