The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Australia full Software update.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:27 PM
Reaction score
Anyone in Australia had the full software update yet? Not just the head unit. Mine booked in next week but keen to hear what people’s experiences have been with the full deal
Completed.

K1LL3M

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mine booked in for 5th feb, also doing transfer case and other recalls at the same time.

Apparently they have done a few software updates (4 or 5) bricked 1 and struggled with a couple but supposedly have the hang of it now

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Booked in for this Friday, along with fitting of my bullbar, plus other unspecified recall items.
Hopefully the install the anti burn to the ground update at the same time.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:27 AM
Reaction score
I had a few little niggles at Grafton on the way south and rang my Agent on arrival at the Central Coast, we organized a time for me to drop into Port Macquarie on the return trip and visit John Oxley Motors...it was all sorted, and I was told of the upgrade that was on its way...Courtney didn't go into too much info but it sorts out bugs in the navigation and the cruise control which they righted for us but until we have the updated software it could happen again...the whole Ineos Grenadier Agent collective is proving to be working...this Wednesday off to the Agent in Noosa for a new door seal and to redirect the water that is coming from the condensation on the Aircon pipes that are inside the vehicle and dripping on the passenger's floor...14,000klms later and loving the ride...ferried across the Clarence River twice and plenty of back roads from the Sunshine Coast to get there...happy motoring(y)

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:27 PM
Reaction score
I’m booked in for Thursday this week 18th. Apparently one of the Ineos australia techs will be over as well. There are a couple of other minor issues to resolve/progress, but fingers and toes crossed it will be painless.

stay tuned………

Cheers
Steve

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The dealer mentioned to me the other day it is a lengthy process, something like 3 hours for the firmware. Take a pot of tea.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The dealer mentioned to me the other day it is a lengthy process, something like 3 hours for the firmware. Take a pot of tea.
For many of us it will be a pricey process requiring a night away.
With no guarantee of success.
Wasted one prior trip when my vehicle threw an error code a few hours before pickup.
Bloody modern cars!

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone in Australia had the full software update yet? Not just the head unit. Mine booked in next week but keen to hear what people’s experiences have been with the full deal
Completed.
Yes, completed. Only issue with mine was that the spare key was not present for the update (it was done in the course of a break-fix) and the key in question no longer works. Seems the recommended course of action is to repeat the update with both keys present.

Update has corrected the day/night malfunction, and perhaps has reduced the incidence of PDS hallucinations. Not had the vehicle in circumstances which might confirm changes to TPMS thresholds etc.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:27 PM
Reaction score
What does the *full* update fix?

Only 150km on mine but zero problems so far (touchwood)

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine booked in for 5th feb, also doing transfer case and other recalls at the same time.

Apparently they have done a few software updates (4 or 5) bricked 1 and struggled with a couple but supposedly have the hang of it now

Re your transfer case … I’ve informed my Agent of difficulties I’ve had disengaging low range (after long sessions of low range driving) but they haven’t mentioned any transfer case recalls.

Do you know if your recall was based on your VIN?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I assume yours was just delivered in the last couple of weeks if only 150ks if so it probably had the update pre delivery. For most of us with early cars we get a lot of spurious error messages so that is one of the primary things it is supposed to fix. Other than that TBH I am not 100% sure, but I hope it improves the fuel gauge, mine basically freezes at 1/2, I hope it fixes the PDC which just alarms all the time for no good reason, but it updates the firmware on all the main ECU/BCU modules as I understand it, so likely to be a range of tweaks to improve performance of the systems. Apparently it doesn’t fix the GPS freezing but I am told there is another update coming at some unspecified time to address that which is one of the most annoying issues apart from the PDC.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sam

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:27 AM
Reaction score
Re your transfer case … I’ve informed my Agent of difficulties I’ve had disengaging low range (after long sessions of low range driving) but they haven’t mentioned any transfer case recalls.

I have had the transfer case replaced after the Agent said my number came up...not one bit of information on the problem...the service manager said that is the case with lots of recalls...he said you wait for the parts, replace and send the other back...it would then go back to the manufacturer, sorted out and end up on a production line again...he also said it could be as simple as a faulty seal but he couldn't elaborate, truthfully he no idea.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I am booking mine in for the AC condensate leak fix and the dealer said it would be getting this next software update too. However he said even this latest update still doesn't fix the GPS issue. :confused:

K1LL3M

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

It is VIN model specific to early vehicles.

The reason is the tolerances inside the transfer case were initially too tight and COULD result in mechanical failure if operating for extended periods of time in low range.

To date I have experience no issues, but its on the list and they would not replace a $17k part if they did not think it was absolutely necessary

Apparently it is a 3 day operation

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It is VIN model specific to early vehicles.

The reason is the tolerances inside the transfer case were initially too tight and COULD result in mechanical failure if operating for extended periods of time in low range.

To date I have experience no issues, but its on the list and they would not replace a $17k part if they did not think it was absolutely necessary

Apparently it is a 3 day operation
I’ll check with Purnell’s. My VIN ends in 1728.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Mine was replaced because it failed. But I think mine might already have been replaced pre delivery in the batch and hold because it was the B version already
Same here (VIN 15XX), but didn't someone here suffer a B failure?

Back
Top Bottom