The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Australia full Software update.

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:18 PM
Reaction score
Yes, completed. Only issue with mine was that the spare key was not present for the update (it was done in the course of a break-fix) and the key in question no longer works. Seems the recommended course of action is to repeat the update with both keys present.

Update has corrected the day/night malfunction, and perhaps has reduced the incidence of PDS hallucinations. Not had the vehicle in circumstances which might confirm changes to TPMS thresholds etc.
@globalgregors do you know the version number of this latest update?

mrob

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, completed. Only issue with mine was that the spare key was not present for the update (it was done in the course of a break-fix) and the key in question no longer works. Seems the recommended course of action is to repeat the update with both keys present.

Update has corrected the day/night malfunction, and perhaps has reduced the incidence of PDS hallucinations. Not had the vehicle in circumstances which might confirm changes to TPMS thresholds etc.
Mine went in today without the spare key:/. They need it overnight to rectify a couple of leaks as well as the software update but they said I could bring the spare key in when I pick it up and they will need 15 minutes to link it.

mrob

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Hi All, I was also told today that they have figured out what is causing the freezing of the GPS while using Apple CarPlay and Google. It is to do with Australian phones and a patch is being worked on to fix this. No timing has been given however at least they now know what is causing the problem and are directly focused on fixing it.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi All, I was also told today that they have figured out what is causing the freezing of the GPS while using Apple CarPlay and Google. It is to do with Australian phones and a patch is being worked on to fix this. No timing has been given however at least they now know what is causing the problem and are directly focused on fixing it.
I find that unconvincing, because the compass also freezes

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My favourite annoyance is Spotify kicking in and doing random song shuffles without playing the songs - happens even when I’m listening to the radio and not to Spotify at the time

Reactions: Max

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I got my vehicle back today from the dealer after they rectified a few new issues.

While it was in I received the software update (IAMWO002203 Update). Nothing obvious on the drive home, but I had very few false positive warning/error messages beforehand.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I got my vehicle back today from the dealer after they rectified a few new issues.

While it was in I received the software update (IAMWO002203 Update). Nothing obvious on the drive home, but I had very few false positive warning/error messages beforehand.
Hi @OGrid ...are you located "north or south of the Tweed"? (was wondering if the Bris dealership has begun rolling out the major S/W update)

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Had mine done today. Didn't notice any software related differences at first drive. I didn't have any issues before, so not expecting much.

Had the following done as well.

Bullbar fitted, finishes the look of the front just nicely

IAMWO002310 - FT & RR LONGITUDINAL CONTROL ARM TORQUE CHECK
There was a difference in the way it drove on the way home. Not sure if it was placebo, the extra weight of the bullbar, or the fact that i had been driving the wife's new Hyundai Kona N-Line, but the steering seemed a lot heavier and more aggressive with the self centering.
It had always been willing albeit slightly slow to self centre, but it did surprise me.
Not a bad thing, just different.
Maybe now the weight over the front wheels matches the front springs. I have a winch as well as the bullbar.

I hope the software update makes the fuel gauge a little more accurate.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My favourite annoyance is Spotify kicking in and doing random song shuffles without playing the songs - happens even when I’m listening to the radio and not to Spotify at the time
Experienced that for the first time last week

Tony S

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone in Australia had the full software update yet? Not just the head unit. Mine booked in next week but keen to hear what people’s experiences have been with the full deal
Completed.
I'm booked in for the 19th February so keen to understand your experience and that of others. Thanks

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone in Australia had the full software update yet? Not just the head unit. Mine booked in next week but keen to hear what people’s experiences have been with the full deal
Completed.

I had a software update done yesterday, marked as IAMWO002203 on the work card. Does anyone know if that's the "full" update? I forgot to ask, and it didn't take very long to install.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had a software update done yesterday, marked as IAMWO002203 on the work card. Does anyone know if that's the "full" update? I forgot to ask, and it didn't take very long to install.
My understanding is yes. I had mine today. It takes about 3 hours.

Overall the only real things I notice are that:
- I am not getting the regular error messages anymore.
- it is now showing a service reminder
- the attitude indicators now seem to work
- the odometer and range indicators are now swapped.

For the first 40mins I thought it had fixed the Carplay map freezing and got my hopes up, but then it froze and dashed my hopes (they did tell me it wouldn’t fix it).

I had hoped it would fix my front parking sensors ( indicates with continuous tone when there is nothing there) but no not fixed so am now assuming a hardware issue and will ask them to fix when it goes for a service in the next month or so.

Somebody else said they thought the steering was a bit tighter after the update and that may just be the power of suggestion but I did think it had a bit less play, but the steering seems to have been getting progressively better in any case.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The other campaign items done were:
- IAMWO002187 Brake hose torque check
- 20193 Alternator Cable Position - cable clash
- 2310 Arm Torque Check
- 2865 Power Cable Clash

I also asked them to check the drivers side (RHD) windscreen washer jet as it sprays offcentre. They confirmed it was off centre but then they checked 5 other cars and were all the same so appears its “normal” another thing that seems to indicate that these supposedly British cars were designed as LHD cars and those of us with RHD get a lot of compromises due to that.

Back
Top Bottom