The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Australia full Software update.

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:07 PM
Reaction score
My understanding is yes. I had mine today. It takes about 3 hours.

Overall the only real things I notice are that:
- I am not getting the regular error messages anymore.
- it is now showing a service reminder
- the attitude indicators now seem to work
- the odometer and range indicators are now swapped.

For the first 40mins I thought it had fixed the Carplay map freezing and got my hopes up, but then it froze and dashed my hopes (they did tell me it wouldn’t fix it).

I had hoped it would fix my front parking sensors ( indicates with continuous tone when there is nothing there) but no not fixed so am now assuming a hardware issue and will ask them to fix when it goes for a service in the next month or so.

Somebody else said they thought the steering was a bit tighter after the update and that may just be the power of suggestion but I did think it had a bit less play, but the steering seems to have been getting progressively better in any case.
With your front parking sensors, do you think it’s because of the roo bar? I was talking with Alex at Purnell's yesterday, and he seemed to think it was.

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:07 PM
Reaction score

For the first 40mins I thought it had fixed the Carplay map freezing and got my hopes up, but then it froze and dashed my hopes (they did tell me it wouldn’t fix it).

I had hoped it would fix my front parking sensors ( indicates with continuous tone when there is nothing there) but no not fixed so am now assuming a hardware issue and will ask them to fix when it goes for a service in the next month or so.

Somebody else said they thought the steering was a bit tighter after the update and that may just be the power of suggestion but I did think it had a bit less play, but the steering seems to have been getting progressively better in any case.
I got the software update a week ago. In my case, the start error bongs and messages have disappeared , but like you, I’m still getting front PDC errors.

My odo and trip meter haven’t swapped….. strange

Metallic rattle/vibration around 1800 - 2000 rpm has dissipated but still occasionally occurs. May need another visit.

Passenger door seal apparently needs to be ordered in to fix foot washing syndrome.

cheers
Steve

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
With your front parking sensors, do you think it’s because of the roo bar? I was talking with Alex at Purnell's yesterday, and he seemed to think it was.
Speaking with Paul from Ineos last week he said the Front PDC errors were definitely not due to the bull bar or winch number plate bracket.

Cheers
Steve

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Stuck 285s on mine and the steering and general dynamics have rather clicked into place. I’m guessing either the extra weight or perhaps the wheel alignment has been the difference.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Speaking with Paul from Ineos last week he said the Front PDC errors were definitely not due to the bull bar or winch number plate bracket.
Mine started to get the errors after driving for 2 months (with a bullbar/winchinstalled)

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My front PDC sensors went berko as I drove home from a software update the other day. Was driving me crazy in stop start traffic as they went off every time I got within cooee of another vehicle. The next day they were still doing the same, so I switched them off and went for a drive. Then switched them back on and not a murmur since. Don’t know if that will work for everyone, but may be worth a try.

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My front PDC sensors went berko as I drove home from a software update the other day. Was driving me crazy in stop start traffic as they went off every time I got within cooee of another vehicle. The next day they were still doing the same, so I switched them off and went for a drive. Then switched them back on and not a murmur since. Don’t know if that will work for everyone, but may be worth a try.
Did you use the switch in the centre console or the Front parking sensors toggle setting in the settings menu?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Did you use the switch in the centre console or the Front parking sensors toggle setting in the settings menu?
I toggled that but it comes back on each new start.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Probably, but it’s a fault and they need to fix it.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting. Will give that a go, although mine have pretty much always gone birko

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting. Will give that a go, although mine have pretty much always gone birko
I’ve been very lucky - very isolated bings and bongs (usually caused by me anyway) and just the orange engine light came on a couple of times since I got the vehicle in July 22 until this update. Apart from the PDC hiccup which now appears gone, I’ve found a few minor things have changed which makes for a more pleasant experience. Maps seem to be operating much better - still get the odd freeze but think that may be more a phone reception problem - the radio is a lot more responsive when changing stations (previously found it tended to be very hard to get it to change stations). Just hope I haven’t put the mocker on it now!

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Further to above, my DPF must have done its stuff today - when I stopped the vehicle the fans were going, but nothing near as fierce as it did before the update. Checked my update and it is the 1946.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Further to above, my DPF must have done its stuff today - when I stopped the vehicle the fans were going, but nothing near as fierce as it did before the update. Checked my update and it is the 1946.
I don’t think there is anyway for the user to know what level of update they have. The headunit software can be upgraded separately and I believe that is the version number you can access through the screen. However the full updates cover pretty much all of the ECU/BCU units in the vehicle and I don’t think there is any way for an owner to check those.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine did it for the first time in quite a while as soon as I got home after the update. But agree it wasn’t as long as previous ones.

Dan_Oz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm new here, so go easy on me please!

I have mine booked in for the software upgrade on 19 Feb. I must say that I haven't noticed any particular software-type issues, other than the widely-reported lagging using navigation via Apple CarPlay (which makes it almost unusable). Everything else electronic seems to be working fine, though there are some issues with some of the settings that I'll need to see about adjusting - eg the low fuel alert triggers way too early IMHO, and starts getting really insistent if I don't attend to topping up.

The only other stuff I've had is the front door seals, for which I understand there's a replacement (Purnell's already tried re-gluing them) and the front windows squealing when lowered/raised. Purnell's is going to have a look at these when I get the software done.

Other than these little niggles though, I'm really happy.

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm new here, so go easy on me please!

I have mine booked in for the software upgrade on 19 Feb. I must say that I haven't noticed any particular software-type issues, other than the widely-reported lagging using navigation via Apple CarPlay (which makes it almost unusable). Everything else electronic seems to be working fine, though there are some issues with some of the settings that I'll need to see about adjusting - eg the low fuel alert triggers way too early IMHO, and starts getting really insistent if I don't attend to topping up.

The only other stuff I've had is the front door seals, for which I understand there's a replacement (Purnell's already tried re-gluing them) and the front windows squealing when lowered/raised. Purnell's is going to have a look at these when I get the software done.

Other than these little niggles though, I'm really happy.
Welcome to the Forum. I’m a Purnell customer too, as are several others here.🙂

pedrogb

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all. Mine went in last Monday for software update, a few recalls and the fix for the loose light in the RAI/snorkel.
Unfortunately it's still in there. The update corrupted a body control module. Waiting on a new one from Melbourne. On Thursday it still hadn't arrived. They've kept me informed and have been nice enough about it, but I need to do some more to it before trip to Brisbane in two weeks.
I hadn't really had any issues prior. And they were going to replace transfer case. Who knew?
Pedro

Last edited:

K1LL3M

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Car is currently under going the software update.

I have been advised that 1 module had a problem accepting the update and they are waiting on Ineos remote connect to correct. Hoping that works out ok, without bricking it and needing a new module.

Also I was told that with the new update, if we need to disconnect the battery, we now need to open the back doors for 15mins before doing so. This puts/allows all the ecu / modules to sleep first.

Failure to do so results in an airbag warning light on the dash that you will need to return to the dealer to clear. (Unsure if it can also be cleared with an aftermarket OBD2 tool)

Back
Top Bottom