The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Accepted Changes of the Configuration

Nixon_04

Contract Signed
Local time
2:39 PM
Reaction score
Hello,

which configuration changes are accepted by Ineos? In the Email they do state only "minor changes"....???? My change request is pending, there to I am very interested to hear from other 1st hand experiences. For example I asked to add the Rough Paket to my original order. Thank you.

Cavaleiro

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
9:39 AM
Reaction score
I am still waiting for them to contact me after expressed change request. Will probably now still change from petrol to diesel and hope such changes are still possible.

I will definitely let you know as soon as someone has contacted me. I'm curious who will get in touch and how the dialogue will proceed. Customer center before was probably enormously endeavored, but not really fit.

Local time
Reaction score
I ordered a diesel in error (due to configuring on my phone as email was down!). I immediately noticed the error and contacted Customer Services to make the change. This was in May and they have ignored my emails and calls since.

My dealer is doing a great job to sort it for me but I can’t believe the incompetence of their CS department. The team are verging on rude.

Cavaleiro

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Marcusjames userid=9026562 postid=1332961151]I ordered a diesel in error (due to configuring on my phone as email was down!). I immediately noticed the error and contacted Customer Services to make the change. This was in May and they have ignored my emails and calls since.

My dealer is doing a great job to sort it for me but I can’t believe the incompetence of their CS department. The team are verging on rude.[/QUOTE]

I'm also waiting for them to contact me about some changes, which I expressed last week in response to their mail. No idea to what extent changes are akzeptebal. I have never had any contact from the service partner in Cologne in the course of purchase.

I would now like to change to diesel, it would thus be a petrol free for you and I hope very much that the engine is still changeable. For me, the range of the petrol is simply not enough for a planned overlander. 

Igfan

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I emailed in some changes and talked to customer services last month and didn’t hear anything back. Waiting a few days from the email we got last week and hearing nothing made me nervous as well.I finally called them today and it was helpful to talk it through. The lady I spoke to checked my account and could see the changes I requested had been passed to the relevant  department. She said the changes won’t be visible on the orders pages online similarly to how there are separate sections for reservations and orders. However, when you get contacted with finance options and build contract a rep will go over everything with you and the changes will have been applied. I requested written confirmation of this which she kindly supplied in an email about 3 minutes later.

It’s not ideal that the changes don’t show up on the website but I’m glad to have it in writing that my changes have been applied. On the other hand given the issues the website has had it’s not clear to me that it is any more trustworthy than an email.

My 2p for anyone that want to make changes is to email them the list of changes and then call to follow up.

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:39 PM
Reaction score
I wanted to add the auxiliary battery to my order, 2 seat utility November delivery. Initially requested mid July. Received the following today.

“I have received an update from my team, you will be contacted directly closer to your build slot to make any vehicle amendments.
You will receive an email asking you to select a link to be booked for a phone call to arrange your amendments.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance.”

I have to say the customer service people I’ve dealt with so far have been very good and have kept my informed.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:39 PM
Reaction score
Ineos said fairly early on that you can make changes when they get the contract to you. So just hold off on any changes until you get to that stage.
So many people contacting them to ask questions or make changes is just going to make things worse. I am sure if you ordered a Toyota/Mazda/Nissan/Jeep and then called them to make changes they wouldn't be very receptive. I have never done it myself, so only guessing, but I didn't even think you could do it. Once I placed the order for my Mazda BT50 I just assumed it was carved in stone.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just had e-mail correspondence with Ineos regarding a change in configuration. They were quite responsive (Thursday to Monday) and informed me that since I hadn't signed the contract yet, changes would be possible but would not show in the configurator as that only shows the original configuration.

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I changed the configuration twice. This is not displayed in the configurator, but when you are logged in the changes are displayed in the order overview. also the changed price

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just had e-mail correspondence with Ineos regarding a change in configuration. They were quite responsive (Thursday to Monday) and informed me that since I hadn't signed the contract yet, changes would be possible but would not show in the configurator as that only shows the original configuration.
Now I have received a written confirmation of my change in config (roof colour) fro Ineos within 2 hours. BTW: I ordered in May 22, no contract signed yet; Ineos Rep just said delivery would be Feb/Mar.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just had e-mail correspondence with Ineos regarding a change in configuration. They were quite responsive (Thursday to Monday) and informed me that since I hadn't signed the contract yet, changes would be possible
That's the theory, but I think until Ineos iron out the wrinkles in the IT/ordering process, the firm advice has to be get your changes in ASAP.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I asked customerservice this morning when I could get my car as in the contract it is said to be delivered until 1st of February.
Here is the answer:
Thank you for your enquiry to INEOS Automotive.

I have the same date on my system. I would also advise that this date is expected.
I have no substitute information about your delivery.
INEOS has not confirmed any delays. We will try to deliver with your expected date.
You should receive an email soon that your Grenadier is in production.
Your distributor will also contact you afterwards with specific details for collection and payment methods.

We look forward to seeing you at your Grenadier!
If you have any further questions, we will be happy to help you at any time.

Thank you,
-——
I think they really do not know more…

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:39 PM
Reaction score
That is exactly why I was telling people to make changes with their dealer and not on configurator.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I asked customerservice this morning when I could get my car as in the contract it is said to be delivered until 1st of February.
Here is the answer:
Thank you for your enquiry to INEOS Automotive.

I have the same date on my system. I would also advise that this date is expected.
I have no substitute information about your delivery.
INEOS has not confirmed any delays. We will try to deliver with your expected date.
You should receive an email soon that your Grenadier is in production.
Your distributor will also contact you afterwards with specific details for collection and payment methods.

We look forward to seeing you at your Grenadier!
If you have any further questions, we will be happy to help you at any time.

Thank you,
-——
I think they really do not know more…
Hi, have you had an email saying it is in production (as I note your Avatar says in production)? I am in exactly the same situation and I have heard nothing.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi, have you had an email saying it is in production (as I note your Avatar says in production)? I am in exactly the same situation and I have heard nothing.
Yes I had the mail saying that the car is in production.
It’s a little bit frustrating. For my dealer as well by the way.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
That is exactly why I was telling people to make changes with their dealer and not on configurator.
Actually, I got two responses to my two enquiries: I had mailed Ineos and parallelly called my dealer. The first response from the dealer was that changes were no longer possible, so I wrote to Ineos. Two days later I called the dealer again, got someone else on the phone and he said, he didn't see why the config change shouldn't be possible before signature of the contract. I then got the e-mail response directly from Ineos that my config change was ok but wouldn't show on my web profile and one day later a call from the dealer who also confirmed that the change was ok. My take is that I wouldn't take no for an answer as long as I haven't signed a contract.

Back
Top Bottom