The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Allowed Configuration Changes

Nixon_04

Contract Signed
Local time
8:13 AM
Reaction score
Hello there,

today Ineos called me, as used in an earlier email the link "configuration changes requested...." All my Changes got accepted. I got told only changing from station wagon to utility wagon will cause a delay by 6-12months. 

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:13 PM
Reaction score

Hi Nixon-

I just posted something on the issue in "Grenadier News"

Yesterday I spent an hour "chatting" online with INEOS yesterday as I want to know if the changes I already made to my order (back in June to which no confirmation at all has been received) and any further changes before me signing a contract (probably in late August as my production month in November) will result in a delay or not in my current production month.

This is a really critical issue as I would like to make a couple more changes.

The INEOS response was that some changes may/some may not change my production slot. They couldn't provide me a list of changes impacting & not impacting production slots.

I need to know what changes will cause a delay and what changes will not - so I can choose whether to change or not and accept its impact on delivery.

CAN YOU ADVISE WHAT CHANGES TO YOUR INITIAL ORDER YOU REQUESTED ?

Thanks

Nixon_04

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Mark,

I added the rough package and deselected the camping table and the rear-seat cover sheets. I got now also a written confirmation for the changes. In this case everything was straight forward. 

Igfan

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
2:13 AM
Reaction score
I dropped the roof rack and added safari windows. This was also straightforward. 

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Mark Evans  grenadierboy userid=8954799 postid=1333024401]
Hi Nixon-

I just posted something on the issue in "Grenadier News"

Yesterday I spent an hour "chatting" online with INEOS yesterday as I want to know if the changes I already made to my order (back in June to which no confirmation at all has been received) and any further changes before me signing a contract (probably in late August as my production month in November) will result in a delay or not in my current production month.

This is a really critical issue as I would like to make a couple more changes.

The INEOS response was that some changes may/some may not change my production slot. They couldn't provide me a list of changes impacting & not impacting production slots.

I need to know what changes will cause a delay and what changes will not - so I can choose whether to change or not and accept its impact on delivery.

CAN YOU ADVISE WHAT CHANGES TO YOUR INITIAL ORDER YOU REQUESTED ?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Following confirmation that Australian LCT will NOT apply to the IG, I have decided to ditch my standard Station Wagon with several factory fit options and order a "standard" (Scottish White) Trialmaster with 17" alloys and the front tow plate. On that basis I phoned the local (Australian) phone number and it transferred to a chap in the UK. Almost as soon as he heard my "Australian accent"  he asked if I was wanting to change my spec because of the LCT decision! That was reassuring! I told him what I had in mind and asked whether it would impact my  Nov 2022 build date.
He said that they are "swamped" at present with "thousands of changes" from customers with August/Sept/October build dates. While wishing to accommodate the changes, this has significant impact on assembly line planning for "just in time deliveries" from component suppliers.
He asked me therefore, to hold off for a couple of months until I receive the contract offer and then discuss the change of specs; by which time they expect the order flexibility of supply channels to settle down, and facilitate customer contract amendments ...  
Hell! I've been anticipating this for almost 5 yrs, what's a few more months? ?
I don't envy those trying to get this all sorted!

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Excellent. Thanks Denis for this update. 

I wouldn't be surprised each every single person holding an order has decided to make one or more changes to their initial order.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@grenadierboy There are people who stick to the original configuration.
I have confirmed as planned. ?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I did not change either. So there are at least two cars to build in September 

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:13 AM
Reaction score
username=DenisM userid=8875352 postid=1333086346]

He said that they are "swamped" at present with "thousands of changes" from customers with August/Sept/October build dates.

Can't help feel that's a self inflicted harm ~ all these changes should be simple for people to do online as many times as they like. Just needs confirmation of locked status with contract signing.

Then all these customer service bods could actually be doing the real job of answering queries.

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
It's not that simple.

For example, if 50% of people want to move to Shale Blue, there won't be a delay for them, but instead there might be one for others. It depends a lot on the end result of the ongoing changes.

Things that are requested often will gain priority over others. This is the usual way of production planning, of course always taking into account the availability of parts.

It's kind of a decision funnel and an ever moving target. So in the end, if they know what they need to build and what they don't, they can tell us - the closer the production date comes the more precise will the planning be.

It is not uncommon for a production plan not to be finalized more than 10 days in advance - and even less for simpler products.  Everything else is just "probable".

So they simply can not tell any better.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am National Product Manager for a Swiss instrumentation manufacturer and all of our products are manufactured to order and exact customer specification.
At time of quote we give an "estimated" delivery time in working days, and often customers ask us if we can improve it or make it more exact.

I have to explain that until the customer places an actual finalised, locked in  order with us, and we place order on the factory, the delivery date can't be confirmed or improved. 

That is just how production works. 

We often also get asked why we don't carry stock, and at a recent conference I explained with one product there were 76 customer selectable options and 9 stages where they could ask for a special option not on the list. What configuration do we stock??

Car manufacturers get around this by offering standard vehicles with very few options and you have to select one.

Ineos is pretty much offering a similar model to ours rather than a normal car manufacturer 

They have made it hard for themselves but great for us. 

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I just got off the phone to my dealer, Warragul City Motors in Melbourne. They are based 5 minutes from the Lardner Park drive day in December.

They are extremely helpful and are looking to see how they can help any of us Victorian buyers out.
Keeping in mind, that dealers are gradually getting trained on this process as well, so on some points we will probably know more than they do here in Australia, as we share a lot of our information from Steve etc who are a few months ahead of OZ.

I ran through the configuration changes with him, and he was able to EDIT my previously ordered vehicles to whatever I wanted, there didn't seem to be a problem - in fact there was some positives experienced from doing it this way in regards to the effects on the system reported build dates. As soon as he made the changes, with 1 minute they were live on my customer web portal. The process was really easy.

The INEOS guy down there is Jacob Bell, and hopefully he will be joining our forum shortly.
If anyone wants to chat to a local dealer, he is happy for you to call him on 0403 561 117.

Good result in the end.

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting - I am having zero luck getting anywhere with changes.

Back
Top Bottom