The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Allowed Configuration Changes

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:16 AM
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I just got off the phone to my dealer, Warragul City Motors in Melbourne. They are based 5 minutes from the Lardner Park drive day in December.

They are extremely helpful and are looking to see how they can help any of us Victorian buyers out.
Keeping in mind, that dealers are gradually getting trained on this process as well, so on some points we will probably know more than they do here in Australia, as we share a lot of our information from Steve etc who are a few months ahead of OZ.

I ran through the configuration changes with him, and he was able to EDIT my previously ordered vehicles to whatever I wanted, there didn't seem to be a problem - in fact there was some positives experienced from doing it this way in regards to the effects on the system reported build dates. As soon as he made the changes, with 1 minute they were live on my customer web portal. The process was really easy.

The INEOS guy down there is Jacob Bell, and hopefully he will be joining our forum shortly.
If anyone wants to chat to a local dealer, he is happy for you to call him on 0403 561 117.

Good result in the end.
Thanks Davman.

I have texted my agent contact to ask if he can do the same.

Just to be clear.

Over the phone you told Jacob the changes you wanted to make, he then accessed the INEOS system, input each change which updated your order held by INEOS and then soon after you accessed your INEOS Grenadier "My Account" online and the Price and the "order Summary" (download as a pdf) is fully reflective of each change?

cheers

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Davman.

I have texted my agent contact to ask if he can do the same.

Just to be clear.

Over the phone you told Jacob the changes you wanted to make, he then accessed the INEOS system, input each change which updated your order held by INEOS and then soon after you accessed your INEOS Grenadier "My Account" online and the Price and the "order Summary" (download as a pdf) is fully reflective of each change?

cheers
Yes, thats exactly what happened.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I texted my contact at Gorells in Geelong. He said he can make the changes and I will call tomorrow.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:16 PM
Reaction score
It seems the fully digital experience talked about by Ineos is still a little way off, if at all.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I want to upgrade to Trialmaster. Phoned customer service UK through the Vic. Australia local number. Advised me to send an email which I did. Received an email "ticket" 24hrs later which said wait until the 60 days prior when we contact you.
Local agent still doesn't have portal access as per the Warragul people in Vic.
:unsure:

Reactions: Sam

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I want to upgrade to Trialmaster. Phoned customer service UK through the Vic. Australia local number. Advised me to send an email which I did. Received an email "ticket" 24hrs later which said wait until the 60 days prior when we contact you.
Local agent still doesn't have portal access as per the Warragul people in Vic.
:unsure:
Who is your agent?
Talk to them again, and ask them to look for an EDIT button/option. It was the first time that my agent had the need to do it, so he was learning too. At first it wasn’t completely obvious how to do it, but was really easy to do after he saw the EDIT option. It sounds like their configurator is pretty much the same as ours.

Last edited:

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Who is your agent?
Talk to them again, and ask them to look for an EDIT button/option. It was the first time that my agent had the need to do it, so he was learning too. At first it wasn’t completely obvious how to do it, but was really easy to do after he saw the EDIT option. It sounds like their configurator is pretty much the same as ours.
So I had a chat to Simon at Gorells this morning about my 3 batches of changes.

He is able to edit changes directly into the INEOS platform but NOT my order because my build date is too close.

Thus, he has to send the latest changes I want to INEOS in the UK. They will update overnight and should come back with an updated order tomorrow.

Gorells confirmed my build month is showing as December.

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I just had pretty much the same conversation with Purnell here in Sydney. My changes also are going to get pushed through overnight in the UK as my build slot is within 60 days. The dealer has been very helpful

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well thats certainly exciting mate - and understandable about it being too soon. I thought I read that the "Agent" change option was only available to those whose build date was over 60 days away.

Interestingly, I never got my email about Delivery Dates. I asked customer service why, and they have given me a plethora of different answers, so who knows what to believe. But one of the answers was that they were handling customers with multiple orders differently. Who knows what that means?

Given the amount of changing around of build dates this should be taken with a grain of salt at the moment, however previously I had build dates of March 23. After making the changes with the agent, the build dates jumped up to January 23. Whether this is just a system default or an actual date, lets see.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well thats certainly exciting mate - and understandable about it being too soon. I thought I read that the "Agent" change option was only available to those whose build date was over 60 days away.

Interestingly, I never got my email about Delivery Dates. I asked customer service why, and they have given me a plethora of different answers, so who knows what to believe. But one of the answers was that they were handling customers with multiple orders differently. Who knows what that means?

Given the amount of changing around of build dates this should be taken with a grain of salt at the moment, however previously I had build dates of March 23. After making the changes with the agent, the build dates jumped up to January 23. Whether this is just a system default or an actual date, lets see.
Yes - I am so very happy to find out today that my build date is SOMETIME in December.

OMG, my new car could even pop off the line on the 1st of December, meaning, 90 days later it could be snuggled under a warm blanket in my Melbourne garage on the last day of February 2023 - it's like a heavy dark cloud has been lifted from my consciousness, especially following last week's cheery email from INEOS telling me my DELIVERY time is now April/May.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So I had a chat to Simon at Gorells this morning about my 3 batches of changes.

He is able to edit changes directly into the INEOS platform but NOT my order because my build date is too close.

Thus, he has to send the latest changes I want to INEOS in the UK. They will update overnight and should come back with an updated order tomorrow.

Gorells confirmed my build month is showing as December.

So orders can be amended with potentially less than 30 days notice to build.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:16 PM
Reaction score
He is able to edit changes directly into the INEOS platform but NOT my order
Hm, so the "configuration" of the order (what we get as a PDF) is not really binding for the build process?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am curious what the contract will show.
Maybe the just write down the main issues.

"We hereby sell Mr. XY a car at a price."

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hm, so the "configuration" of the order (what we get as a PDF) is not really binding for the build process?
correct -the PDF in our on-line account will be updated (by the agent if more than a month before build date) or if earlier by INEOS up to contract signing but it is the contract that will be binding

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I cannot download my 'Order Summary' today, says;

ORDER SUMMARY IS NOT AVAILABLE
Sorry. We're unable to download your order summary right now. Please try again later.

end

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Last I heard was Mar-Apr 2023 dely via IA email last week.

Prior to that it was build date Feb 23, then Dec 22, then back to Feb 23

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I cannot download my 'Order Summary' today, says;

ORDER SUMMARY IS NOT AVAILABLE
Sorry. We're unable to download your order summary right now. Please try again later.

end
I just tried it as well. It works fine. My build date should be December if my dealer is right.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'll give Jardines a call and see if they can assist.

Back
Top Bottom