The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Heads up - Important info on USA ordering process if you want to change your configuration , change dealers

K2grenadier

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
12:30 AM
Reaction score
After looking at some real life additional photos of grenadier from the (UK auto trade web site), I decided I wanted to change my preorder that I had locked in.
1. Change my color from silver to grey.
2. Deleted the full length roof rack.( I might go with the full length frontrunner and (re)move some of the bars so I can fully operate the "sunroof". )

After talking to Ineos customer service , I wanted to pass this information along for those in US who want to adjust their configuration and have questions about dealing with dealer pricing. This is what I found out.

If you want to change your preorder configuration, DO NOT resubmit your configuration on the website. Call the Ineos center 833-494-4748 with your changes and do not touch the website.

If you resubmit your configuration you might dis-associate your desired configuration from your reservation #. Right now the reservation and the configurations are on separate systems and have not been merged yet. The rep said there is a chance that if there are duplicate configurations there is a chance you will lose your reservation # and thus your production slot. The rep , in fact, could not even see my configuration in his system but could see my reservation #. Unlike the UK, he said that since the US has a more "independent" dealer structure, the ordering systems are somewhat separated and not as integrated as they are in other markets like the UK where the dealer is more of an extension of the manufacturer. (I guess in the UK you might be able to change the configuration directly on the website since everything is integrated )

He took a note of all my changes said they will reach out once the first preorder cycle is closed. I received a case number in case I want to call back. Once the reservations, the configuration, and the preorder (dealer) selections are merged, he anticipated that they will be able to make adjustments to the configuration BEFORE the info is routed to the dealer and the contract is generated. If you did submit duplicate reservations my suggestion would be to call the Ineos center.

If you try to change the configuration after the contract is generated, but before you sign it, it might be too late...and you will lose your production slot and you will have to start again and order the vehicle like you walked into the dealer.

I also asked about when will we see final price (ie with dealer markups fees included), and option on if we can change dealers if we dont like the price....
He guessed that you would see that information when the contract. Also he said that unfortunately, if you want to change dealers , you have to walk in like a new customer at the new dealer...ie they cannot reassign production slots once they are assigned to the dealer. He mentioned Ineos is doing what they can to "encourage" dealers to stick with retail price.

I hope there are enough dealers out there who want to build up their reputation and will not scalp us ...holding my breadth. If the markup is too high, though, I will not sign my initial contract , shop around, and cry every time I see one on the road.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:30 AM
Reaction score
Great information, thanks. This sort of red tape is exactly why i am holding off on placing my order until later this month. There is no downside to waiting as long as you get your order in by June 30. Measure twice and cut once and all that.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I guess we'll have to wait till July?

uncledoodoo

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
this is what I was worried about when a guy said he simply cancelled his pre-order and did a new order. I would think that might screw up his reservation. I know that's what happened to a lot of folks in the Bronco reservation world.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
12:30 AM
Reaction score
He guessed that you would see that information when the contract. Also he said that unfortunately, if you want to change dealers , you have to walk in like a new customer at the new dealer...ie they cannot reassign production slots once they are assigned to the dealer. He mentioned Ineos is doing what they can to "encourage" dealers to stick with retail price.
I have it on good authority that there will be a window after the dealer announcement where you'll be able to change your nominated dealer.

Local time
3:30 AM
Reaction score
I have it on good authority that there will be a window after the dealer announcement where you'll be able to change your nominated dealer.
Which makes sense--I would be surprised if IA allocates production slots based solely on pre-orders (versus signed contracts and/or deposits at dealer).

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:30 PM
Reaction score
#. Unlike the UK, he said that since the US has a more "independent" dealer structure, the ordering systems are somewhat separated and not as integrated as they are in other markets like the UK where the dealer is more of an extension of the manufacturer. (I guess in the UK you might be able to change the configuration directly on the website since everything is integrated )
I think it's safe to say.. ordering has been a bit of hit and miss for the pre guinea pigs with some having sleepless nights on whether requested changes have been made or not - despite many early assurances changes could easily be made up to contract signing. I like others I suspect made changes that were acknowledged by I.A. as in the 'system' yet were absent on receipt of the contract - read your contract closely. Fortunately the head of I.A. in Aus via FB of all things appeared to have got things done for myself and others and I received a new contract with the changes - happy days and looking forward to receiving the vehicle in August.. thereabouts.

Local time
Reaction score
this is what I was worried about when a guy said he simply cancelled his pre-order and did a new order. I would think that might screw up his reservation. I know that's what happened to a lot of folks in the Bronco reservation world.
That was probably me. I followed the representative’s (Courtney) guidance and she assured me of the changes, then sent me a new pre order number and other data with the picture of the newly-changed vehicle. Worst case it isn’t correct in July where I am supposed to get a call or other to confirm the order details, I‘ll just start over. I’m not in a hurry at all..

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I actually saw that today for the first time. That leaves a lot of white space.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I saw the map a while back but never noticed the list. It requires a lot less guess work.

Local time
Reaction score
I still can't believe that danbury CT is the hub for nyc area buyers. westchester and Fairfield counties will all be pointed there.

that means this hub could get hammered with adm do to the areas surrounding wealth.

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I still can't believe that danbury CT is the hub for nyc area buyers. westchester and Fairfield counties will all be pointed there.

that means this hub could get hammered with adm do to the areas surrounding wealth.
Yes. I was really surprised by this too. Leaves me four hours from sales and support. Philly isn’t very accessible. No alternates to the west either? Very strange lack of Ineos infrastructure in the Northeast. I hope that fills in relatively quickly. I will be pushing for any warranty work to be allowable by a very good, local BMW shop. Lack of a store around Westchester IS shocking to me too.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I will be pushing for any warranty work to be allowable by a very good, local BMW shop. Lack of a store around Westchester IS shocking to me too.

But the Ineos isn't BMW based.... It uses a BMW engine, and a transmission that is used by BMW (as well as countless others); the engine management isn't even all BMW. Literally other than the fact that the engine hardware comes from BMW, nothing crosses over with them.

I think it's a bit ridiculous to expect a new car company to have 40 or 50 dealerships across the country at the time of launch, or to be shocked that your nearest dealer is a few hours away. Initial dealers are going to be where proven demand is high (reservation holders), which would also make sense as to why the drive events were in the generalized areas that they were in.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:30 PM
Reaction score
But the Ineos isn't BMW based.... It uses a BMW engine, and a transmission that is used by BMW (as well as countless others); the engine management isn't even all BMW. Literally other than the fact that the engine hardware comes from BMW, nothing crosses over with them.

I think it's a bit ridiculous to expect a new car company to have 40 or 50 dealerships across the country at the time of launch, or to be shocked that your nearest dealer is a few hours away. Initial dealers are going to be where proven demand is high (reservation holders), which would also make sense as to why the drive events were in the generalized areas that they were in.
Here is a map of the Australian dealer network.
Also a map showing Australia compared to mainland USA in real size.
You don't have to try too hard to be 2 hours away from a dealer.

1686521961837.png1686522070273.png

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes. I was really surprised by this too. Leaves me four hours from sales and support. Philly isn’t very accessible. No alternates to the west either? Very strange lack of Ineos infrastructure in the Northeast. I hope that fills in relatively quickly. I will be pushing for any warranty work to be allowable by a very good, local BMW shop. Lack of a store around Westchester IS shocking to me too.
What are of NYS are you from? Im in Central NY and was a little bummed about locations but not terribly surprised. I am contemplating Philly (But would rather not)

Local time
Reaction score
What are of NYS are you from? Im in Central NY and was a little bummed about locations but not terribly surprised. I am contemplating Philly (But would rather not)
What part? I grew up right smack between Albany and Utica just off I90. Went to college out in Alfred. Beautiful area, but no way my wife could handle the winters there hehe.
I'm going to be 4-5 hours from sales/service too (I'm in SC these days) and not thrilled or shocked either. Will they be supporting mobile techs? At least my friends with Teslas usually can have most of their work done at their house via mobile service. Pretty sweet actually. My buddy w/a Rivian needs to bring his truck to ATL for some recall, decent chance he'll sell it before it'll ever make to ATL to get fixed lol.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Were you at the NY drive event in Ellenville?

Back
Top Bottom