The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:35 AM
Reaction score
Mine is getting worse. Started with crazy fluctuating sounds with the turn indicators. Then the lane departure turned into a shrill ear piercing noise. (When it decided it wants to work randomly) Now the Speed Assist Unavailable warning is on 80 percent of the time. Accident Evasion Red Fail indicator occasionally comes on. And just last night the radio refuses to turn off. Even after turning the key off and locking the truck. Taking it to the dealer today. Its almost like a computer or module has failed.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:35 AM
Reaction score
How do you see which version of software you are currently running?
Hi @matt34 I've just had a look. You have to select Vehicle Functions in the menu and then Vehicle Information. There you can scroll down and see the software version.

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:35 PM
Reaction score
So... after almost 4 months of pretty much issue free driving, today was the day.
Grant (the Grenadier) properly threw an electrical hissy fit.

Started off with my iPhone not connecting to Apple CarPlay. So after a few minutes of driving, and trying to reconnect, I decided to connect via Bluetooth. Music was playing okay but occasionally sound volume was decreasing then increasing almost as if a call was coming through but didn't.
Whilst stuck in traffic, decided I had enough time for an engine off/on restart, which didn't help and I think may have made matters worse. Continue driving and about 30 mins later, the volume just starts doing its own thing. It went up and up and stopped around level 9, by which point I pulled over and turned the car off and switched music input to USB so it was silence.

The screen now seems frozen on, as I've been out of the car (off and locked) for around an hour with the screen still on.

Any ideas what fuse to cut power to the screen or how to hard restart?

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thankfully mine has been trouble free so far, outside of only a couple of times where the wireless android auto decided to stop and restart connection.
I think some of the issues posted regarding the turn indicator sound relate to the fact that we have BMW engines.
As BMW drivers are know for not using turn signals, maybe the indicator sound was never properly tested. :p
I do hope Ineos is able to sort all of this out for everyone.

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
10:35 PM
Reaction score
So... after almost 4 months of pretty much issue free driving, today was the day.
Grant (the Grenadier) properly threw an electrical hissy fit.

Started off with my iPhone not connecting to Apple CarPlay. So after a few minutes of driving, and trying to reconnect, I decided to connect via Bluetooth. Music was playing okay but occasionally sound volume was decreasing then increasing almost as if a call was coming through but didn't.
Whilst stuck in traffic, decided I had enough time for an engine off/on restart, which didn't help and I think may have made matters worse. Continue driving and about 30 mins later, the volume just starts doing its own thing. It went up and up and stopped around level 9, by which point I pulled over and turned the car off and switched music input to USB so it was silence.

The screen now seems frozen on, as I've been out of the car (off and locked) for around an hour with the screen still on.

Any ideas what fuse to cut power to the screen or how to hard restart?
Sorry for the late reply, but it’s FC12 in the fuse box near the ignition key.

Tony B

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I took delivery of mine two weeks ago. drove it home and following lights came on:
-Brake wear light
-Seatbelt light even with seatbelt on
-AEB light
-Front Camera Light
-vehicle also pulling to the right. gas/odour coming in the cabin and the vehicle shakes when in gear and stopped. it goes away when in park or start driving.
-radio freezing and blank screen

the dealer found a pinched wire under the driver seat. it caused the lights come on. but I think the brake lights have to do with the wear sensors. they come on when cold. dealer said the shake and humming in the cabin is normal. to me it must be a transmission mount/ engine mount or exhaust issue. it does it under load. and I don't think its normal for a 100K CAD car to do this in 2024.

the odour the dealer has not found and says there is no odour. to me it smells like transaxle or gear oil.

anyone else having similar issues?

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:35 AM
Reaction score
I took delivery of mine two weeks ago. drove it home and following lights came on:
-Brake wear light
-Seatbelt light even with seatbelt on
-AEB light
-Front Camera Light
-vehicle also pulling to the right. gas/odour coming in the cabin and the vehicle shakes when in gear and stopped. it goes away when in park or start driving.
-radio freezing and blank screen

the dealer found a pinched wire under the driver seat. it caused the lights come on. but I think the brake lights have to do with the wear sensors. they come on when cold. dealer said the shake and humming in the cabin is normal. to me it must be a transmission mount/ engine mount or exhaust issue. it does it under load. and I don't think its normal for a 100K CAD car to do this in 2024.

the odour the dealer has not found and says there is no odour. to me it smells like transaxle or gear oil.

anyone else having similar issues?
Sounds like typical dealer talk. Sorry, they tested these vehicles in sub-freezing temps so no, the brake wear indicator shouldn't come on when cold. And shaking and humming is not normal. Mine does not shake, nor hum. They tried to say that the "Speed Assist Unavailable" was normal and it will come on if it doesn't see a speed limit sign. I drove for an hour and a half and passed many signs and the light stayed on. Sorry, not normal. Just stay on them until its fixed.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My car isn’t due it’s first year service until May. The service indicator reminder blinks on the infotainment screen counting down the days. It’s now past its service according to the computer and now an Orange exclamation warning light appears on the warning dashboard. Does anyone know if this is normal?

Today, my screen went totally besserk and scrolled through all the errors, PDC error, power steering error. I really don’t know why modern cars have these shit software issues. My Lotus Emira was exactly the same. You lock the car, and the fan and infotainment screen is still on???? No wonder they have battery issues.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My car isn’t due it’s first year service until May. The service indicator reminder blinks on the infotainment screen counting down the days. It’s now past its service according to the computer and now an Orange exclamation warning light appears on the warning dashboard. Does anyone know if this is normal?

Today, my screen went totally besserk and scrolled through all the errors, PDC error, power steering error. I really don’t know why modern cars have these shit software issues. My Lotus Emira was exactly the same. You lock the car, and the fan and infotainment screen is still on???? No wonder they have battery issues.
I share your frustration .... What's normal?.. :unsure: My first service is due in July this year.... the display keeps flashing "16,221 days overdue"...this is subsequent to the software update to the xxx..1946 version! I was advised it's a known glitch and they'll remedy it at the scheduled service... I'm inclined in the meantime to undertake a "hard reset" of the display as explained elsewhere on the forum... or simply disconnect the batteries for a couple of hours and let it reboot.... either way it's a bloody nuisance.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I share your frustration .... What's normal?.. :unsure: My first service is due in July this year.... the display keeps flashing "16,221 days overdue"...this is subsequent to the software update to the xxx..1946 version! I was advised it's a known glitch and they'll remedy it at the scheduled service... I'm inclined in the meantime to undertake a "hard reset" of the display as explained elsewhere on the forum... or simply disconnect the batteries for a couple of hours and let it reboot.... either way it's a bloody nuisance.
I do the 30 second reset on the mute button often.
Amazing you can do it whilst driving at 100kmh.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

My maintenance indicator has also been counting down every day for 3 or 4 weeks. The display is supported with a chime after every start. Maintenance is now overdue. This is also displayed. I have my service appointment coming up soon. The display will then be reset. I have to say that I haven't had a problem with this indicator so far.
Irrespective of this, the large display only switches off with a time delay after the vehicle is locked. However, I don't find this annoying or unusual.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Irrespective of this, the large display only switches off with a time delay after the vehicle is locked. However, I don't find this annoying or unusual.
I find it very odd. I also noticed on the roof mounted button to select interior lights with door opening, the indicator light remains ON all the time, even when locked.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I find it very odd. I also noticed on the roof mounted button to select interior lights with door opening, the indicator light remains ON all the time, even when locked.
I thought mine went off after 10 minutes. I'll have to check now that you have mentioned it. Perhaps it is to make up for the lack of security flashing light indicating the alarm is set.

Reactions: PBD

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I thought mine went off after 10 minutes. I'll have to check now that you have mentioned it. Perhaps it is to make up for the lack of security flashing light indicating the alarm is set.
I thought I checked well after 10 minutes. But now I should go re-check :ROFLMAO: (y)

Reactions: PBD

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I thought I checked well after 10 minutes. But now I should go re-check :ROFLMAO: (y)
All over the world after dark tonight all grenadier owners will be out of the house checking their courtesy light switches, those that aren't will not be forum readers. ;) ;)

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
All over the world after dark tonight all grenadier owners will be out of the house checking their courtesy light switches, those that aren't will not be forum readers. ;) ;)
Some of us know the answer, but don’t want to spoil the surprise of finding out. 🙂

Back
Top Bottom