The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Which Trails/Journeys/Trials would you like to see INEOS attempt with the Grenadier ??

neos

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:03 AM
Reaction score
Have you heard of turning radius issues on Grenadier? With a wheelbase shorter than my JKU, which which did Blackbear, I would be surprised it would have any issues?
Ok I received an answer from Ineos related to turning radius: “The turning radius for the Grenadier is 13.5m or 44ft 3.”

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:03 PM
Reaction score
Ok I received an answer from Ineos related to turning radius: “The turning radius for the Grenadier is 13.5m or 44ft 3.”
My disco 4 landmark 2016 diesel is 11.8m, so only + 1.7m for the grenny.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:03 PM
Reaction score
The question is which radius is meant.

View attachment 7806752
Yes @emax I was wondering if all of the various questions, and comments, about turning radius that have come up over the last 12 months or so had any real relevant application.
Are we that interested in doing U-turns, when we can always do a 3 point turn, or is it a worry of how tight a bend we can take?
Perhaps taking tight bends in the Swiss Alps is a concern for some.
This new thing where vehicles lock and drag the inside rear wheel seems incredibly stupid, unnecessary, and potentially an easy way to damage a tyre or tear it off the rim.
How did we ever take vehicles offroad before it was invented?
There must be thousands of 4WDs left stranded on tracks because they couldn't turn around.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:03 PM
Reaction score
Perhaps taking tight bends in the Swiss Alps is a concern for some.
Not only in the Swiss Alps. In general, the more beautiful a road is in the Alps, the tighter the curves are.

On a motorcycle tour we had a comrade with a Ducati Monster and he could not manage some curves in one go. Apart from that, a good (i.e. small) turning circle is helpful wherever you are riding in a tight space, e.g. between trees or even rocks, or narrow, meandering dirt roads.

By the way, the turning circle is not that important to me. I was a truck driver in my student days and steered an almost 19 meter long truck-trailer combination. There's not much left that could really be a threat to me. :)

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone ever been on “Spicy Lane?” I believe it’s in Wales. I’ve been watching some YouTube from the West Wales Laners and it’s a pretty tough looking track. In this episode a L322 RR, which looks stock, does a great. In another episode, the guy from UK Power does some of it in his Stig 110.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone ever been on “Spicy Lane?” I believe it’s in Wales. I’ve been watching some YouTube from the West Wales Laners and it’s a pretty tough looking track. In this episode a L322 RR, which looks stock, does a great. In another episode, the guy from UK Power does some of it in his Stig 110.
I skimmed through the video, nothing really looked very technical or overly challenging. I would be confident to say that the Grenadier (with no modifications) would easily traverse it

Lance May

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:03 AM
Reaction score
Great idea Stu!

I’m particularly interested in hearing from Moab veterans.
Which trails do you want to see completed by a standard Grenadier?

Coming from a flat country, we were already freaking out on Chicken Corners.
I’ve always wondered how far one can push a standard rig before needing 37”s etc… please include photos for inspiration!

View attachment 7805884
Veteran Moab trail runner here. In fact just got back from 10 days there. I have a heavily modified 72 FJ 40, FJ Criuser Ultimate Trail Teams and “dead stock” 23 Tacoma TRD Pro. I have tackled many trails with the FJ and Taco on trails that many say you must have 35s or 37s. It’s a matter of prudence and picking the correct line. Stupidity = Road Rash or worse.
Having said that, our Grenadier is due for us to be delivered this week. We will be in Moab in January and in no certain order of difficulty I will run the following. Some are no more than overland trails but some are potentially gnarly.
Tower Arch Trail in Arches
Fins & Things- Sand Flats
Gemini Bridges
Pucker Pass
Klondike
Hurrah Pass
Long Canyon
Porcupine Rim
Hells Revenge Tip Toe
A great reference guide is rr4w.Com There are so many trails in Moab you can ask 20 veteran drivers and get 50 completely different, correct recommendations.
Hope this helps. I’ll post when the 3 year ordeal of finally getting our rig and we get up there with it.

angstorms

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
8:03 AM
Reaction score
Last edited:

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:03 AM
Reaction score
Here is my list. Sure, I like easy trails like most indicated above, but we need some real testing;
1. Rubicon -- yes, I know its a tough one but at the mid range of the High Sierra difficulty (Fordyce and Slick Rock are a REAL High Sierra Challenge for example) . They would need some experience with the trail, INEOS, I can help! Unfortunately EVERY serious manufacture does this so its important. If you do not break anything here, you have bragging rights! Wentworth entrance for the gut shot blow to the competitors.
2. Dusy/ Ershim -- As an alternative to the above that no one does, not real all that much easier, but a top 5 US overlanding trail thats epic. If you do not break anything here, you have bragging rights!
3. Hole-N-The-Rock -- Favorite overlanding trail period.
4. For Moab -- Keep it simple, Poison Spider and Golden Spike, just the classics. However...............Moab to Hole-N-The-Rock is an epic overlanding journey. INEOS I can help! ;)

Local time
Reaction score
I've gotten the idea all along they don't want to break their prototypes which are their photo opportunity vehicles. The test drives take risks not from terrain but from unknown drivers. There just aren't that many of the vehicles to fool around with. Their $$$$ market seems to be mid-life tactical role players (self included) so lots of splashing across rivers and group vehicle photos. I picture them parked at Moab Coffee Roasters rather than hurtling up Poison Spider Mesa.

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:03 AM
Reaction score
I've gotten the idea all along they don't want to break their prototypes which are their photo opportunity vehicles. The test drives take risks not from terrain but from unknown drivers. There just aren't that many of the vehicles to fool around with. Their $$$$ market seems to be mid-life tactical role players (self included) so lots of splashing across rivers and group vehicle photos. I picture them parked at Moab Coffee Roasters rather than hurtling up Poison Spider Mesa.
Hopefully they did the right testing. None of the test videos I saw challenge the vehicle even to 5% of capability. I am watching videos on the Disastrous Bronco. We have 2 modern roll outs that ended in a crash and burn now, the Defender and Bronco. I believe the advantage for the Grenadier is the core, heavy duty build and less electronics. But they need to stay laser focuses on correcting design flaws and issues.

Back
Top Bottom