The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Which Trails/Journeys/Trials would you like to see INEOS attempt with the Grenadier ??

Local time
10:39 AM
Reaction score
I haven't done it and I am not sure that I will but I will study it with a positive attitude...something inside me says it is a hard corrugated road, not so much a track...I should have a look at some videos before commenting.
I did Cape York about 27 years ago both directions on the old telegraph track in a SWB Nissan Patrol, including Gunshot Creek Jacquie exited the vehicle, and crawled up Gunshot and thought I was mad, but recent pictures of Gunshot look far worse these days. I took the bypass on the way back 15km of savanna, crossing Gunshot once was enough.
I think the Grenadier would be the perfect vehicle for a Cape York trip, and if you do it in the late season the river crossings are lower.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:09 AM
Reaction score
I still haven’t done the full Cape York trip amd I’m not sure I will. As you say it’s for the most part a corrugated road now for the most part, but many of the great trips are now. My next door neighbour has done it on a mountain bike.
Another group did it in clunkers - 4wd’s they paid no more than $2,000 for.
I’ve been talking to the same mates about maybe doing Cape York on Postie Bikes (Honda CT110’s) although I’m not sure my lower back could handle that anymore. Maybe I could drive a support vehicle. 😢

It’s the shoot offs to the side of the tracks into various sites that are most interesting and why you do the track in the first place. And Cape York is, I think, one of those things you have to tick off the list.

Local time
10:39 AM
Reaction score
I still haven’t done the full Cape York trip amd I’m not sure I will. As you say it’s for the most part a corrugated road now for the most part, but many of the great trips are now. My next door neighbour has done it on a mountain bike.
Another group did it in clunkers - 4wd’s they paid no more than $2,000 for.
I’ve been talking to the same mates about maybe doing Cape York on Postie Bikes (Honda CT110’s) although I’m not sure my lower back could handle that anymore. Maybe I could drive a support vehicle. 😢

It’s the shoot offs to the side of the tracks into various sites that are most interesting and why you do the track in the first place. And Cape York is, I think, one of those things you have to tick off the list.
You can take the Developmental Road all the way to the Jardine River, in a normal car, but the Old Telegraph track you need a heavy duty 4x4.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:09 AM
Reaction score
It looks like it's set in with rain for the day here, so that link looks like a nice rabbit hole to disappear down later today. Thanks. 👍

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The ultimate trip would be the same journey Ewen and Charley did on their Gs’s in The Long Way Round.

That would be the ducks nuts.
Yes great but I’d highly recommend to go south of the Black & Caspian Seas not north of them as they did.

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:09 AM
Reaction score
Is this in French oder English? Or symbols only?
You get a hard copy which is in French detailing all the interesting places along the 1,150 km route.
The book also details every direction change, GPS co-ordinates and hand drawn direction, etc.
If you contact them they will also send over a full list of their GPS co-ordinates / waypoints in GPX format which I just upload into Gaia Maps and makes navigation very easy.
I have a number of their road books and had booked to do the Morocco route (Road Book 33) at the end of March (which is looking dodgy as mine doesn't arrive at the dealers until this week).

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
6:09 PM
Reaction score
I am traveler, an overlander and hunter, I will take it to the Empty Quarters of UAE, Saudi Arabia and Oman. It is an amazing it is an ocean desert. Since I was a child , my father takes us to every winter and Summer and stay for week to two weeks away from civilisation.

View attachment 7806589
This taken back in 1997 winter , as you can see the 1996 Nissan Patrol Y60 in natural habitat. I want to go back and relive it again.
For me this is entry material for the monthly photo contest @Shinobi

Local time
6:09 PM
Reaction score
I'd vote for Moab also as I'd like to see how longer wheel bases do there. I guess I just see a lot of vids for that area.

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:09 PM
Reaction score
Black Bear Pass in Colorado. Turn radius might be difficult in the grenadier.
Have you heard of turning radius issues on Grenadier? With a wheelbase shorter than my JKU, which which did Blackbear, I would be surprised it would have any issues?

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:09 PM
Reaction score
I agree with Moab trails, seem more in tune with the Grenadier's aim.

neos

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:09 PM
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom