The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Which Trails/Journeys/Trials would you like to see INEOS attempt with the Grenadier ??

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:59 AM
Reaction score
I'm trying to think of the UK equivalents... there's a Welsh route that escapes me, although I remember it would be a good score on a Scrabble board; there's the Ridgeway; and General Wade's military road (mentioned previously).

In continental Europe, maybe Hannibal's trail?

In Iceland, something from Desmond Bagley?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:59 AM
Reaction score
maybe Hannibal's trail?
It's all reserved for mountain bike drivers and other planet galaxy rescuers, I guess.

But those looking for adventure will have a lot of fun plowing the meadow in front of the Reichstag and a safe prime time news slot.

rt.jpg

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:59 AM
Reaction score
I'm trying to think of the UK equivalents... there's a Welsh route that escapes me, although I remember it would be a good score on a Scrabble board; there's the Ridgeway; and General Wade's military road (mentioned previously).

In continental Europe, maybe Hannibal's trail?

In Iceland, something from Desmond Bagley?
I think there’s a ”Bastard Lane” in Wales.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:59 PM
Reaction score
So far we have

• Continental Divide (USA)
  • Daniel Boone offroad byway (USA)
  • Moab in general (USA)
  • Black Bear Pass (USA)
  • Canning Stock Route (Australia)
  • Old Coach Road, from Maytown in the old Goldfields to Laura (Australia)

Any more suggestions before we close this out...
Strata Florida Road Wales
Chinaman Gulch Colorado

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:59 AM
Reaction score
I don't know if there is a specific trail, but the Pyrenees from the Mediterranean to the Atlantic would be nice.

That's something I could then try as well.

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Slightly different, but id like to see INEOS have a crack at Dakar with a race prepped grenadier... i know one of their drivers mentioned it to me at an event, said he'd like to get a team together

Shinobi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am traveler, an overlander and hunter, I will take it to the Empty Quarters of UAE, Saudi Arabia and Oman. It is an amazing it is an ocean desert. Since I was a child , my father takes us to every winter and Summer and stay for week to two weeks away from civilisation.

9837308A-1C74-4A75-A821-14CC059C5280.jpeg
This taken back in 1997 winter , as you can see the 1996 Nissan Patrol Y60 in natural habitat. I want to go back and relive it again.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Bunbury CoOp only has room for four normal size vehicles in its parking lot so going to be quite a challenge in the Grenadier.
Just jealous of those with far more open spaces to explore. Going to join GLASS and see what the UK might have to offer.

Attachments

• 2452193A-BFFD-4225-A971-0AB66C71B8B0.png
    2452193A-BFFD-4225-A971-0AB66C71B8B0.png
    8.4 MB · Views: 11

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:59 PM
Reaction score
I am traveler, an overlander and hunter, I will take it to the Empty Quarters of UAE, Saudi Arabia and Oman. It is an amazing it is an ocean desert. Since I was a child , my father takes us to every winter and Summer and stay for week to two weeks away from civilisation.

View attachment 7806589
This taken back in 1997 winter , as you can see the 1996 Nissan Patrol Y60 in natural habitat. I want to go back and relive it again.
Great pic, where is that @Shinobi ? UAE, out past Al Ain?

Shinobi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’d love to go there..
How far from civilisation is it?
It depends on where you coming from , this is in Saudi Arabia Empty Quarter Desert, to get to this it may take half day or a day. It’s hard and need proper expedition with at least three vehicles and good supply of of Water , fuel and food.
Oman is also a great explore but Saudi is more difficult to get there due to very soft sands and manoeuvring skill with good equipment.

Shinobi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Great pic, where is that @Shinobi ? UAE, out past Al Ain?
This is in Saudi desert empty quarters, it used be go across south of Al Ain to reach the border of Saudi then another another have day through the deserts.
Now the border is closed , but you can go from Oman to Saudi borders which they opened a year ago.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is in Saudi desert empty quarters, it used be go across south of Al Ain to reach the border of Saudi then another another have day through the deserts.
Now the border is closed , but you can go from Oman to Saudi borders which they opened a year ago.
Ah, that's great to hear. I drove to the edge of the Rub' Al Khali in both Oman and UAE before finally crossing it in KSA.
I was following the journeys of writers that inspired me as a youngster - TE Lawrence, Gertrude Bell, Wilfred Thesiger.

Hopefully some members of the Forum will visit the area!

With Saudi offering tourist visas and progressively restoring diplomatic relations with Iran it emerges as an alternative (to Egypt) path North-South via Sudan... at least for bikes & LHD vehicles (if that restriction holds).

Last edited:

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I traveled this track in 1981 and would be keen to do it again...they now close it from time to time due to excessive rain but back then it was fair game in all seasons...we did it in the winter months...logic was kicking in back then...we did start to float crossing the Daintree River at its southern end...that was a long three seconds but made it...it was the back end the floated and my wife and I had plan b, stop the floating by opening the doors when I say whatever comes out of my mouth at the time...we were young and adventurous before children...It won't be long and the Grandchildren will drive us in the Grenadier.

The CREB Track - Tropical North Queensland

1679271086846.png
Tropical North Queensland
https://www.tropicalnorthqueensland.org.au › itinerary

CREB road queensland from www.tropicalnorthqueensland.org.au
The CREB Track is one of the country's most challenging 4WD adventures, traversing spectacular rainforest from the Daintree to Cooktown.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I traveled this track in 1981 and would be keen to do it again...they now close it from time to time due to excessive rain but back then it was fair game in all seasons...we did it in the winter months...logic was kicking in back then...we did start to float crossing the Daintree River at its southern end...that was a long three seconds but made it...it was the back end the floated and my wife and I had plan b, stop the floating by opening the doors when I say whatever comes out of my mouth at the time...we were young and adventurous before children...It won't be long and the Grandchildren will drive us in the Grenadier.

The CREB Track - Tropical North Queensland

View attachment 7806603
Tropical North Queensland
https://www.tropicalnorthqueensland.org.au › itinerary

View attachment 7806604
The CREB Track is one of the country's most challenging 4WD adventures, traversing spectacular rainforest from the Daintree to Cooktown.
Took me about 18 months to get all the mud off when I did the CREB in the late ‘90s.

I’m surprised no one had added Cape York to the list of Grenadier must do tracks.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Took me about 18 months to get all the mud off when I did the CREB in the late ‘90s.

I’m surprised no one had added Cape York to the list of Grenadier must do tracks.
I haven't done it and I am not sure that I will but I will study it with a positive attitude...something inside me says it is a hard corrugated road, not so much a track...I should have a look at some videos before commenting.

Back
Top Bottom