The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Which Trails/Journeys/Trials would you like to see INEOS attempt with the Grenadier ??

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
8:39 PM
Reaction score
On the event on Wednesday in LA (8'th March 2023) there was a passing comment about future plans for the Grenadier to go to a few more famous places for a drive.

I've sat on this a few days and gone over it a few times in the context of the conversation and am sure that there was no explicit instruction to keep it under my hat and not say anything. If I'm wrong about that then oh well, I'll take the heat. Also we need a bit of inspirational news after the delays and doom-mongering the last few days, at least I do.

INEOS are planning to take the Grenadier to the Rubicon.

Apparently, you can't launch in North America and not do this, as well as a few other trails that weren't named. I did reply with please, please make a video series and not just a sizzle reel for these trips which was met with a smile, so I can only hope.

I cheekily asked them to leave the Mojave road for the day after I pick up my Grenadier ;)

Looks like Jeep are going to have to sell a few trail rated badges before long.

That got me thinking, if we were to have a wish list of places that you want INEOS to take the Grenadier as a final production model to test its mettle then what would they be.......

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:39 PM
Reaction score
We definitely need some positive vibes around here and this is a great topic.

If you read the spoiler, you know it’s a legit trail to attack, and one that’s beholden to a certain brand. So, an epic adventure film from the ******* will be a bit of an FU to Jeep.

I know there are tons of amazing places to wheel in USA, but if you’re going to throw shade at Jeep, might as well to JLR too, so do the Continental Divide!

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Kentucky, Daniel Boone offroad byway. 100 miles of mud and east coast roots.

Also, anyone interested, I will be doing Wyoming Back Road Discovery route in 2024 with Grenadier. Not really a challenge but it is the most remote BDR. My family looking to join me on their dual sports bike.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:39 PM
Reaction score
On the event on Wednesday in LA (8'th March 2023) there was a passing comment about future plans for the Grenadier to go to a few more famous places for a drive.

I've sat on this a few days and gone over it a few times in the context of the conversation and am sure that there was no explicit instruction to keep it under my hat and not say anything. If I'm wrong about that then oh well, I'll take the heat. Also we need a bit of inspirational news after the delays and doom-mongering the last few days, at least I do.

Apparently, you can't launch in North America and not do this, as well as a few other trails that weren't named. I did reply with please, please make a video series and not just a sizzle reel for these trips which was met with a smile, so I can only hope.

I cheekily asked them to leave the Mojave road for the day after I pick up my Grenadier ;)

That got me thinking, if we were to have a wish list of places that you want INEOS to take the Grenadier as a final production model to test its mettle then what would they be.......
Great idea Stu!

I’m particularly interested in hearing from Moab veterans.
Which trails do you want to see completed by a standard Grenadier?

Coming from a flat country, we were already freaking out on Chicken Corners.
I’ve always wondered how far one can push a standard rig before needing 37”s etc… please include photos for inspiration!

EAAC9D96-C1A4-4F19-AA61-8EA0140F99D2.jpeg

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
In Australia is has to be the Canning Stock Route.
Particularly since when the Australian Army were testing the G Wagen they took a dozen or so to the CSR (I think that was the context anyway) and they had all sorts of problems with suspension and such.

I was planning on doing the Anne Beadell / Connie Sue Highway (Not a highway) in August/ September but I heard that has been recently graded so not as rough as it was 10 years or so ago.

I’d like to see some more remote NT and northern WA trips as well.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Particularly since when the Australian Army were testing the G Wagen they took a dozen or so to the CSR (I think that was the context anyway) and they had all sorts of problems with suspension and such.

I was planning on doing the Anne Beadell / Connie Sue Highway (Not a highway) in August/ September but I heard that has been recently graded so not as rough as it was 10 years or so ago.

I reckon you’re probably thinking about the ill-fated G-350 press event.

Note the vehicle NOT affected was the G-Professional (W461), eg close to the Army spec.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I reckon you’re probably thinking about the ill-fated G-350 press event.

Note the vehicle NOT affected was the G-Professional (W461), eg close to the Army spec.
Yeah that sounds like it - was that when the brought it back to Australian sales.

Joerg

Production/Transit
Local time
4:39 AM
Reaction score

Australia 🇦🇺
There are a number of challenges on Cape York . If it comes to difficult terrain off the beaten track , the “Old Coach Road “ from Maytown in the old Goldfields to Laura is a good challenge

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The problems were with the European drivers...

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The problems were with the European drivers...
Not sure that’s entirely fair, a bit of jingoism is stirred through the narrative.
What a great adventure for the EU journos and MB personnel though.

Part 2 for the interested as things go from niggling to “ok, we’re gonna need an airdrop”…

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

No
Pacific highway
So much bloody roadworks
I have travelled it for 60 years and can't remember a single day there was no roadwork

Local time
1:09 PM
Reaction score
Flinders Ranges, Canning.
Simpson is very easy, but last time I did it my vehicle kept getting heavier instead of lighter as the track went on due to all the rubbish left behind by a--holes at camp sites.
So I will be able to test the Grenadiers max pay load on my next Simpson crossing on my way to Cape York from Adelaide.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
So far we have

• Continental Divide (USA)
  • Daniel Boone offroad byway (USA)
  • Moab in general (USA)
  • Black Bear Pass (USA)
  • Canning Stock Route (Australia)
  • Old Coach Road, from Maytown in the old Goldfields to Laura (Australia)

Any more suggestions before we close this out...

Back
Top Bottom