The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What car will your Grenadier replace?

Shippa

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:33 AM
Reaction score
I'm intrigued to hear what car the intended Grenadier will replace.

I know this can be a bit of a grey area for some who have many cars, maybe your functional car replacement if it's an addition or adding to a collection.
Replace a 2021 discovery HSE D300

Wombat51

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
8:33 AM
Reaction score
I'm intrigued to hear what car the intended Grenadier will replace.

I know this can be a bit of a grey area for some who have many cars, maybe your functional car replacement if it's an addition or adding to a collection.
Replacing a 2020 Holden (GMC) Trailblazer LZT (formerly Colorado7) with approx 63,000 km on the clock

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:33 AM
Reaction score
Replacing a 2020 Holden (GMC) Trailblazer LZT (formerly Colorado7) with approx 63,000 km on the clock
Anything 'Colorado' like is good car to replace!

The last few days here in SEQLD has been hot... but the humidity on top of it all has been feral! The GREN can't replace my 05/06 Triton tray back-farm spec non-airconditioned-kidney buster ute fast enough! I can tell you what a 40degC cabin feels like today... superheated in the sun, nothing to cool it down but speed on the road, and that doesn't help much because it's just hotter air feeding an already hot cabin! The airflow from the fan only feels like a hairdryer! I am tolerant to heat, but this heat, is slowly wearing me down. If I seem agitated - then blame the UTE and this March madness of Summer... oh wait... its Autumn and it is summer+ temps!!!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
probably something resembling a flying one out of Bladerunner at this rate!

hurrumph

Broken D4 2013 vintage

split air intake manifold
broken central locking
at least one wheel bearing on way out
just replaced front lower suspension arms

MikeP

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:33 AM
Reaction score
Mine will replace the new Defender 90 Diesel 250 I bought back in 2022. I was so overwhelmed when I saw the IG for the first time at the dealership that I signed the contract the very next day (February 7, 23).

Attachments

• 50B2ADF3-CDCE-4285-9ABD-F18EC41CF6DF.jpeg
    50B2ADF3-CDCE-4285-9ABD-F18EC41CF6DF.jpeg
    615 KB · Views: 12

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
8:33 PM
Reaction score
2020 Defender P400 First Edition. I must say that it will be bittersweet letting go of my Defender. Unlike any vehicle I have owned over 50 years, I am just as in love with it today as I was when I first picked it up. There is not a single thing I would change on it. The performance and ride on-road and off-road is incredible. Every time I step on the pedal, I get a joyful smile from the quick 0-60 in just 5.8 seconds, and this is not the V8 version. It is an extremely refined and capable vehicle. It must be the #1 vehicle in the world for 50/50 on-road off-road performance. IMO The Grenadier is more of a 35% on-road and 65% off-road vehicle and will likely rule that category. There's room for both to exist and serve their own respective markets. Great job Land Rover and Great Job Grenadier! I am looking forward to my next adventure in The Grenadier. DaBull

From what you say and how you feel, I hope you will be doing the right thing if I am honest. You clearly love the defender, so it might be a close call

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
5:33 PM
Reaction score
The INEOS will replace a 2012 Nissan Patrol Wagon. It has seen better days, but it did save my life as the last thing it did.

SUV crossed to my side of the road causing head on (offset), combined impact speed 150-180kph.
Wow, that's terrible to hear, I hope there are no lasting injuries.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
5:33 PM
Reaction score
In my case, the Grenadier will hopefully, if I don't get priced out, replace a 2015 LR4 (disco 4) aka, the Rat Rover, although its not been looking so ratty after the posh respray taking out all the trail rash and having the cracked moonroof replaced.

Note to self, never repeatedly take a metallic black Land Rover down very tight Jeep trails following a geriatric Land Cruiser, Juniper is super scratchy.

Local time
6:33 PM
Reaction score
I am really torn… I likely should sell a car, but I either heavily use the vehicle, like my GMC 2500, or I’m too sentimentally attached, like my Jeep or RR classic.

If my RRC keeps acting up, the decision gets easier 😅. Just redid the entire audio system of the vehicle, sounded great for three days! …until it just utterly stoped working for no apparent reason… and the heater fan motor just went out, so thankful that summer is around the corner.

Local time
6:33 PM
Reaction score
If the timing works out, the silver Xterra will go to the youngest, she'll be half way through college by then and need a car. The red Pro-4X will move to my wife and the Grenadier will slide right into that slot. We'll see where we are when my number comes up....
2XGarage.jpg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If the timing works out, the silver Xterra will go to the youngest, she'll be half way through college by then and need a car. The red Pro-4X will move to my wife and the Grenadier will slide right into that slot. We'll see where we are when my number comes up....
View attachment 7806569
At this point, I’m worried that at this point, my “number might be up” before we get our trucks! ⚰️ 🤣

Dave F

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
2007 plate Mitsubishi Shogun Elegance.
Driven for the last 13 years without an issue , has 180,000 miles on the clock and I expect it will go on to do another 50k+ when I part with it , if the Grenadier ever turns up!
Dealer tells me that as of 2 weeks ago my Grenadier was “in production” , however this is not shown on my Ineos account which is still “contract signed”.
Patience wearing thin - just wish IG would provide honest accurate information , even if it’s bad news!

tnkatoy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
2010 Nissan Pathfinder R51 with 260,000 km. Would have bought another one, however the R52 is less offroad & more SUV (here in AUS) and the Patrol (ugly) is only petrol, so waited for the new Discovery, then the Defender, then the Landcrusier 300, but all have gone more on-road & comfort, and all have single rear openings, doh! Not saying they aren’t good cars, they just aren’t 4x4’s that I’d buy, so it’s been frustrating and my Pathy is starting to show it’s age & abuse, just nursing it to the finish line for the arrival of the Grenadier.

neos

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Likely my 2015 Jeep JKU.. 190,000 miles. Maintenance is pretty simple with quite a bit of room. Videos available to fix/mod anything and everything. Great vehicle, but horribly uncomfortable on long road road trips… especially back seats. Kids dread each long drive day.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My IG is replacing last "real" Land Rover - a 90 X-tech with added snorkel and back windows and fully loaded. Just sold it for 3 grand more than I paid for it in 2011. I have had LR Defenders since I was 16 (now 55) and it's like losing a friend but hopefully I will not be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom