The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What car will your Grenadier replace?

Tomato

Production/Transit
Local time
5:15 PM
Reaction score
DesertGecko - agreed to a large extent the ethos of the IG is reminiscent of a RRC, but there is something inherently graceful about a RRC . . . while the IG is a smashing great beast of a machine.

Tomato - lovely 2 door RRC! Hoping as part of the restoration the tinted rear windows go :)
I have bought the correct and non tinted rear windows, this was an original Danish market commercial variant so the "van" conversion was done new. Agree - it looks horrific. The plan is similar to all my previous restorations, spend fortunes on it, do a number of fabulous personalised upgrades that nobody else wants and then wonder where all the money went

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:15 PM
Reaction score
2004 Disco that we’ve owned since 2006. However, I keep thinking about all the firsts we had with it as a family and the thought of a last drive isn’t so appealing.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I guess I'm the odd one, it isn't replacing anything, it'll be a more daily drivable and more off-road capable vehicle than my current (4x4 Sprinter)

AlanJ

Production/Transit
Local time
2:15 AM
Reaction score
2014 VW Amarok
highline spec with 2” lift fuel vector rims and 265/70/17 BFG’s and other useful mods over time.
Owned since new, with 82,000kms on it (I have always owned either a car and motorcycle or 2 cars hence the low kays)
It has been a great vehicle and I do feel I will miss / regret no longer owning a Ute.
looking forwar to making the most however of a longer enclosed potential load space as well as a more permanent fit out vs a Ute tray.

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
‘08 with 50,000km on the clock. 🤔
Only driven to church on a Sunday??
Must have left a 0 off, surely 500,000km.
Then the 50,000 would be the asking price.

AMan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:15 PM
Reaction score
‘08 with 50,000km on the clock. 🤔
Only driven to church on a Sunday??
Yeah, bought it, moved to South Sudan. Had a 100 series there. Moved back, then only safaris with the 200. Then came the Jimny… best for day to day!

AMan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:15 PM
Reaction score
Must have left a 0 off, surely 500,000km.
Then the 50,000 would be the asking price.
Haha. Spent most of the past decade driving in other countries. South Africa, Cambodia, Eswatini, Italy, Greece, Albania, Germany, Turkey, Switzerland, Canada, US, UK, Mauritania, Tanzania… more miles overseas than at home…

Mick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What will my Grenadier replace.
I sold this one as it was out of warranty.DSC05636.JPG
We were going to use the L332 till the Grenadier arrived but the transmission failed for the third time.IMG_3350@0.JPG
So we had to get something while we are still waiting for our Grenadier.C71CAC79-9F72-4410-B52B-84174954EA65_1_105_c.jpeg
Not sure what we will do with this one when the Grenadier arrives.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What will my Grenadier replace.
I sold this one as it was out of warranty.View attachment 7816400
We were going to use the L332 till the Grenadier arrived but the transmission failed for the third time.View attachment 7816401
So we had to get something while we are still waiting for our Grenadier.View attachment 7816403
Not sure what we will do with this one when the Grenadier arrives.
So Mick you'll be a perfect source for comparison between the 300 and the Grenadier - looking forward to your feedback. Any idea when it's due here?
And how did you get a 300 so quickly? Did you have both on order?

Last edited:

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hopefully if the NA rollout goes as planned the Grenadier will be replacing a 2023 LR Defender 110X 6cyl

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
1996 Defender 130 - If I had the room I would keep it. It’s been such a great vehicle. 460.000 kms and has taken me all over Oz. It really has it’s own ”personality” - hasn’t had an oil weep (yeah, there is still oil in it) since I had my first demo ride in a Grenadier (Jan 2022) and even the water drips in heavy rain/washing have stopped! It’s been very well behaved. I’ve only had a couple of minor problems - broken alternator bolt in the WA desert near Leonora - just took the mangled belt off and drove about 20k‘s into town in quite hot conditions - just keep my speed up to keep air flowing through the radiator and didn’t labour it - only got slightly warmer than usual but we made it to town no problems where I carried out repairs when everything cooled down (including us with a few cold ones). The other time was on Cape York when my rear diff pinion seal went. I had a spare, but I was given the wrong one when I got it. Took off the rear tail shaft, pulled out the rear axle shafts, and did the rest of the trip up the Old Telegraph Track and back to Brissy in front wheel drive. Got stuck on one dry, loose, long gravelly hill, but other than that, no problems. I’d still jump in it and take it anywhere. I love it.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:15 AM
Reaction score
So Mick you'll be a perfect source for comparison between the 300 and the Grenadier - looking forward to your feedback. Any idea when it's due here?
While I can't comment on towing, they (300 v IG) are very different vehicles. The 300 has a huge amount of torque and feels much lighter than the IG (took a 300 for a drive yesterday), I didn't take the 300 off road like I did the IG so can't compare there, The 300 is very car like and you sit what feels lower in the vehicle and the visibility forward in the 300 is lacking compared to the IG.

Mick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am not good with the keyboard so feedback maybe limited, but I will try when I have the Grenadier to compare . We bought the 300 second hand (it only had 14 kilometres on it) and payed more that recommended retail, but we were in a jam and needed something to tow the van.

Back
Top Bottom