The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What car will your Grenadier replace?

Joerg

Production/Transit
Local time
11:55 PM
Reaction score
Curious to understand why you didn’t think the 300 could manage that.
We had it there for 10.000 km part of it at the CSR . The clearance is not enough , the departure angle is no ok through the spare tire , the DPF as well as the Alternator is very low and so on

Local time
4:55 PM
Reaction score
Will sell my VW Alltrack for the Ineos. Maybe the '66 C10 as well if it doesn't see much use.

Local time
8:55 AM
Reaction score
I'm intrigued to hear what car the intended Grenadier will replace.

I know this can be a bit of a grey area for some who have many cars, maybe your functional car replacement if it's an addition or adding to a collection.
Mine will be replacing my 1998 DX 4.2L Nissan Patrol. I waited for the for the first delivery of the new GU model to arrive back in 98 here in Aus Here I'm waiting for another newbie in the long wheel base version

Tomato

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
never seen one of those Gwagons before, very nice indeed - are you selling it?

Also the audi plate would transfer to the Grenny?
G wagon sold on auction last week, Audi for sale but may use Ineos part exchange that gave me an excellent figure online but now doesn’t work….:unsure:

I will sell GR13NDR I think as I also have BMW IG plate

1681199270206.png

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So, replacing the below, the Grenadier is:
05 Triton GL - tray - no AC - no Auto stuff - manual winders for windows - not even 4X4, 100% will kidney shot you on bumps - but genuine good truck!!!
1681218045770.png

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You won't know yourself!
I mean this is the worst car I have ever owned for comfort... but it carry's stuff, works as advertised and has NEVER missed a beat. It even starts on a half flat battery it's that badly reliable!
I can however vouch that your back, knees, hips, neck and most other parts will be affected by long term use of this type of vehicle!!!
Did I forget to mention no radio, no hand's free.
One thing it has that blows the market away is the 'cup holders'. Simply the best most logical well planed position EVER and I use them every day. One to hold phone, the other coffee!!!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I mean this is the worst car I have ever owned for comfort... but it carry's stuff, works as advertised and has NEVER missed a beat. It even starts on a half flat battery it's that badly reliable!
I can however vouch that your back, knees, hips, neck and most other parts will be affected by long term use of this type of vehicle!!!
Did I forget to mention no radio, no hand's free.
One thing it has that blows the market away is the 'cup holders'. Simply the best most logical well planed position EVER and I use them every day. One to hold phone, the other coffee!!!
let's see these ergonomic said cup holders next time you're in the cab.

Local time
6:55 PM
Reaction score
Grenadier to replace my 2012 NA L322 . . . which as I write this, is an interesting idea. If Ineos can bring back a true Defender rival, why couldn't they make a successor to the Range Rover Classic?

ppapaioa

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Grenadier to replace 2019 LC79 Single Cab (On portals, canopy and roof top tent....) plus my daily 2017 BMW M140, the plan is to build the her out as a tow vehicle when the caravan arrives....

Local time
Reaction score
Grenadier to replace my 2012 NA L322 . . . which as I write this, is an interesting idea. If Ineos can bring back a true Defender rival, why couldn't they make a successor to the Range Rover Classic?
I think what we have now is virtually a RR classic. :eek:

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:55 PM
Reaction score
No immediate plans to replace any vehicle until Grenadier proves itself. Then, perhaps, it might replace either a 200 or 300 series Land Cruiser. Difficult shoes to replace though..

Local time
6:55 PM
Reaction score
DesertGecko - agreed to a large extent the ethos of the IG is reminiscent of a RRC, but there is something inherently graceful about a RRC . . . while the IG is a smashing great beast of a machine.

Tomato - lovely 2 door RRC! Hoping as part of the restoration the tinted rear windows go :)

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'll get a photo - its legendary good trust me. I wish the GREN had them and I mean it - be ready!
As promised!
You cannot find this anymore. Best location, easy reach, serves multipurpose role, hides away when not required. Yes, two coffees! Swap one out - smartphone holder!
I would kill for this in the GREN!

Attachments

• 20230414_084831.jpg
    20230414_084831.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 20230414_084910.jpg
    20230414_084910.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 20
Local time
Reaction score
I'm intrigued to hear what car the intended Grenadier will replace.

I know this can be a bit of a grey area for some who have many cars, maybe your functional car replacement if it's an addition or adding to a collection.
Well the wife made me sell my GU patrol when I retired.I told her it will cost her. LOL

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As promised!
You cannot find this anymore. Best location, easy reach, serves multipurpose role, hides away when not required. Yes, two coffees! Swap one out - smartphone holder!
I would kill for this in the GREN!
blocks off a bit of the radio and fan/heating controls. nothing is perfect, seems ideal for you though.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
blocks off a bit of the radio and fan/heating controls. nothing is perfect, seems ideal for you though.
This car never had radio, I put that 2nd hand thing in but it does not work and when it does, I listen to only one channel for life. As for fan heating, I don't have A/C (fan only) so I set it to 2 dial on the FAN, and never moved since.
It is the best location I have ever had in a car for cupholders!

Back
Top Bottom