The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What car will your Grenadier replace?

LCT

Production/Transit
Local time
8:24 AM
Reaction score
IF priced right, it'll replace our 100 & 200 series land cruisers. Already sold my built 100 series and have listed the 200 series as well. I will not sell the 200 series until the pricing is released though.

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:24 PM
Reaction score
Sold my 2017 Range Rover Sport last October in expectation of receiving my Grenadier soon after. Good car but full of tech that’s prone to go wrong and cost a fortune to repair. E.g. engine sensor failure required transfer case and gearbox to be dropped for access and air suspension compressor needed to be replaced pretty soon. Still waiting on the Grenadier of course. Meantime using our 2020 Jimny as my daily driver. Fab on the local country lanes and off road (have fitted slightly larger BFG K02’s as stock tyres were awful) but not so great on the motorway.

Joerg

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I'm intrigued to hear what car the intended Grenadier will replace.

I know this can be a bit of a grey area for some who have many cars, maybe your functional car replacement if it's an addition or adding to a collection.
We will replace a Landcruiser 300 as it was unfit for our sort of travel in Australia

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:24 PM
Reaction score
Replacing IVECO 4x4 light truck. Extremely capable but Grenadier will be more comfortable and nimble
Do you mean the IVECO MASSIF?
Or the Daily 4x4?

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:24 AM
Reaction score
The Massif is interesting and something I have never heard of. Not sure what it was like but I am not averse to it. I would consider one if the price was right and it was half decent tbh

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:24 PM
Reaction score
The Massif is interesting and something I have never heard of. Not sure what it was like but I am not averse to it. I would consider one if the price was right and it was half decent tbh
The massif is more or less a licensed Defender. When I remember right Iveco bought the Santana production line and refurbished the car technically.
3 Liter motor (I hope I remember right)
The four wheel drive is to engage manually, leaf springs at the back.
A back door which opening is big enough for a Euro pallet.
Please check everything before carrying it further…

ddv

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:24 PM
Reaction score

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Replacing IVECO 4x4 light truck. Extremely capable but Grenadier will be more comfortable and nimble
Did you find it reliable?

ddv

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes - very reliable. we had it for 95,000 km and had no failures at all. The only issue we had was a front mudguard cracking after many kms over very rough corrugations. Most of the kms we travelled were remote outback Australia. On the IVECO forum there was a lot of comment about reliability etc and transfer case issues but I experienced none of this. We found the truck to be very capable but over time we wanted something a bit smaller.

ddv

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did you find it reliable?
Yes - very reliable. we had it for 95,000 km and had no failures at all. The only issue we had was a front mudguard cracking after many kms over very rough corrugations. Most of the kms we travelled were remote outback Australia. On the IVECO forum there was a lot of comment about reliability etc and transfer case issues but I experienced none of this. We found the truck to be very capable but over time we wanted something a bit smaller.

Joerg

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I'm intrigued to hear what car the intended Grenadier will replace.

I know this can be a bit of a grey area for some who have many cars, maybe your functional car replacement if it's an addition or adding to a collection
What sort of travel would that be?
The outback in general and the desert tracks especially

Back
Top Bottom