The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What car will your Grenadier replace?

Local time
1:54 PM
Reaction score
C761A6EC-5C07-4D8E-B292-0740C79BC079.jpeg
The ‘92 110 Defender had to go already when we left the UK. Doubled in price in 6 years but I suspect the dealer sold for at least double once he did some work on it. We have Ford Torneo Courier now! Not my idea of my dream car but can’t fault it for what it gets used for and the sliding doors are great! We’ll keep that and hopefully it becomes my wife’s drive and not mine!

Jeremy996

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:54 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
IMG_3108.jpeg

This was my 1989 LR110CSW that was sold in August 2022 to help pay for the Grenadier. It was given a chassis up rebuild between 2009 and 2011 and a complete engine rebuild in 2019. I brought it in 2006 and changed the TD 19J lump for a 200Tdi in 2008. It did about 250,000 miles in my hands.

I'm currently driving this - a 2002 Vauxhall Agila 1.0; nominally my son's car, but he hasn't passed his test. (Ignore the shiny new Defender 90, that was my local dealer trying to tempt me to the dark side)

TheIn - 1.jpeg

bimmerteck

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Looking like my IG is going to be the one that finally dethrones my current D1. The D1 has been and still is a phenomenal tourer and my children absolutely adore it. The new defender did not pass muster with myself or the wife, and a d5 loaner was also just not a good fit for out family.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:54 AM
Reaction score
Looking like my IG is going to be the one that finally dethrones my current D1. The D1 has been and still is a phenomenal tourer and my children absolutely adore it.
The D1 is a very comfortable spacious and capable car! Without the complexities and expenses of the later ones.

Local time
2:54 PM
Reaction score
I have driven the Defender D240, and now the D250, in this case it will be the D250 that will be replaced with the Ineos when my leasing agreement expires in 18 months.

Attachments

• IMG_20230121_163226.jpg
    IMG_20230121_163226.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20230107_183613_318.jpg
    IMG_20230107_183613_318.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Which one will be replaced? Not the Series, I hope ...?

McPharmer II

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Which one will be replaced? Not the Series, I hope ...?
If course not!!!😀.
By the way, the Serie has a real european history: originally built in england for the british Rheinarmy in germany, sold after the end of service to a french friend who then sold the Series to me.
Just like the Grenadier: the best of britain, france an germany.

Tu Sugars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm intrigued to hear what car the intended Grenadier will replace.

I know this can be a bit of a grey area for some who have many cars, maybe your functional car replacement if it's an addition or adding to a collection.
Mine will replace a VW Touareg V8, the last of the superb V8... Mother bear suggested that I could not have so many toys inner city; I suggested trading her in, but she never took the bait!
The Touareg has been brilliant, she loves it.... and I might have kept it, but recently, a doofus braked arbitrarily, cutting through lanes. I hit the brakes with no contact! ... the dashboard splashed red! Somewhere in the myriad of wires, sundry diodes and techno-stuff within the wiring loom, something lost its lunch...
A heavy hit on the ABS might have disabled a sensor; Who knows? Tragically for VW, my local dealership has too many youngsters with limited skills. The computer system itself might be the issue. All diagnostics seem to garble - the dealer keeps the vehicle for a week on each visit and no resolution! Just a bill!
Hence, fewer 'techno-smarts' and I await the Grenadier; at my age, I want to turn the key and go - No computers, nothing tricky, a jack, a tyre iron and one socket to plug in the sundry devices we need to charge.
Sure, I am a bit peeved with the delays and waiting - a bit of "Scotch Mist", but like many of us who have seen and driven ... the wait will be worth it ...

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The INEOS will replace a 2012 Nissan Patrol Wagon. It has seen better days, but it did save my life as the last thing it did.

SUV crossed to my side of the road causing head on (offset), combined impact speed 150-180kph.

IMG_8189.JPGIMG_8177.jpgIMG_8176.jpg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Jesus. Glad you’re ok and I hope the others involved are as well!

Khalfan323

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:54 PM
Reaction score
2021 toyota rav4 hybrid. We were sick of it and it’s gone! Nice space on the drive for the grenny!
I know I keep writing “grenny” but it’s how I see it in my head 😀
I got a loaner a few weeks ago, that thing beeped for no reason every 30 seconds! Did my head in

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:54 AM
Reaction score
2020 Defender P400 First Edition. I must say that it will be bittersweet letting go of my Defender. Unlike any vehicle I have owned over 50 years, I am just as in love with it today as I was when I first picked it up. There is not a single thing I would change on it. The performance and ride on-road and off-road is incredible. Every time I step on the pedal, I get a joyful smile from the quick 0-60 in just 5.8 seconds, and this is not the V8 version. It is an extremely refined and capable vehicle. It must be the #1 vehicle in the world for 50/50 on-road off-road performance. IMO The Grenadier is more of a 35% on-road and 65% off-road vehicle and will likely rule that category. There's room for both to exist and serve their own respective markets. Great job Land Rover and Great Job Grenadier! I am looking forward to my next adventure in The Grenadier. DaBull

Attachments

• 2020 Defender P400 First Edition.jpg
    2020 Defender P400 First Edition.jpg
    935.9 KB · Views: 17

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:54 AM
Reaction score
2020 Defender P400 First Edition. I must say that it will be bittersweet letting go of my Defender. Unlike any vehicle I have owned over 50 years, I am just as in love with it today as I was when I first picked it up. There is not a single thing I would change on it. The performance and ride on-road and off-road is incredible. Every time I step on the pedal, I get a joyful smile from the quick 0-60 in just 5.8 seconds, and this is not the V8 version. It is an extremely refined and capable vehicle. It must be the #1 vehicle in the world for 50/50 on-road off-road performance. IMO The Grenadier is more of a 35% on-road and 65% off-road vehicle and will likely rule that category. There's room for both to exist and serve their own respective markets. Great job Land Rover and Great Job Grenadier! I am looking forward to my next adventure in The Grenadier. DaBull
I have a P300 that I built from ground up to be more off road focus. Originally going to trade it in but the wife said she would take it and we will get rid of her acura mdx.

Back
Top Bottom