The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What car will your Grenadier replace?

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
6:49 AM
Reaction score
Replacing the 1995 D90 I didn't get (got a gen 1 Disco instead), the FJ Cruiser (got the Tacoma instead - but am still driving and keeping the Tacoma), and the Bronco that I had day one reservations on that I backed out because of how Ford handled the launch. Still regretting all of them on some level but trying not to back out of this.
Ha! Talking about cars you meant to, but did not buy: I have a (TRUE!) story about 1995 D90's! I DID buy a 1995 NAS Soft-top at the beginning of 1996 and towards the end of '96 actually had a deposit on the "last run" special edition of the NAS D90 Station Wagen (at the time they were going for ~$5k). This came in a unique "Willow Green" and kitted out with diamond plate and a bunch of other cool stuff. (BTW: Land Rover actually had difficulty offloading Defenders in the US at the time!!!).
But at the last minute, I decided I would not buy it and it was sold to a guy up in Austin, who had more brains than I did and put it in storage. And about 8 years later, he sold it to Elen DeGeneres for close to $100k....... I almost puked when I heard about this! Talk about regrets! Of course, Pristine NAS D90s are now commonly going for prices like that, but back then, this was unheard of.

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:49 AM
Reaction score
You guys already seem very well equipped.
I am replacing a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso family car that I have been pushing beyond its limits for 10 years.

4598DFA8-D601-4AD7-BF16-59F12AEABCDD.jpeg

Completely ripped into pieces. Really looking to this fresh canvas to evolve our trips.

Michael Gain

Reservation Holder
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Really nice collection of vehicles on this forum!

We're replacing the wife's Ram 1500 Rebel. We had matching LR4s previously and I replaced her's with a 4runner prior to the Rebel. She is a huge fan of boxy, off-road vehicles and will put the IG through its paces once it arrives--if we can justify the cost by the time it is offered here. It seems to get more expensive as time goes on.

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:49 AM
Reaction score
I have ordered the 2 seat utility it will be used for wildfowling, rough shooting, vermin control, salmon and sea trout fishing and sea fishing. Occasional overnight sleeping. Wildfowling season finishes on 20th February, salmon season starts 11th February 😀

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:49 AM
Reaction score
No actual replacement, additional. We give away 2018 our last Touareg 7P back and wait for the Grenadier 😉
Still an Audi TTRS Roadster and a Golf Alltrack 2018 in private Fleet. So not walking by feet

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
Ha! Talking about cars you meant to, but did not buy: I have a (TRUE!) story about 1995 D90's! I DID buy a 1995 NAS Soft-top at the beginning of 1996 and towards the end of '96 actually had a deposit on the "last run" special edition of the NAS D90 Station Wagen (at the time they were going for ~$5k). This came in a unique "Willow Green" and kitted out with diamond plate and a bunch of other cool stuff. (BTW: Land Rover actually had difficulty offloading Defenders in the US at the time!!!).
But at the last minute, I decided I would not buy it and it was sold to a guy up in Austin, who had more brains than I did and put it in storage. And about 8 years later, he sold it to Elen DeGeneres for close to $100k....... I almost puked when I heard about this! Talk about regrets! Of course, Pristine NAS D90s are now commonly going for prices like that, but back then, this was unheard of.
Duh: <<
(at the time they were going for ~$35k)

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Replacing my Toyota Hilux and Jeep JK (which i sold over a year ago now!)

Edit: Saw today my old jeep is back up for sale after 1 year! done 1500 miles since i sold it :ROFLMAO:. The seller has listed the spec completely wrong lol

Last edited:

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:49 PM
Reaction score
Replacing Landrover 300tdi D1. Phenomenal tourer, and to be honest, it didn't quite need replacing, however the grenadier ticks all boxes in my opinion and just looks too good to not take the opportunity. Especially the way all these new cars are going electric and jammed back with computers and autonomous trickery etc. I feel the grenadier is very similar to my D1, space wise, capability wise, practicality wise. But it's new. I've always said If I could buy a brand new D1 today I would, and this is the closest there is... Luckily its well powered and has some safety features, the things a D1 lacks. I say all this being Landrover bias, but there is no new Landrover I would buy. Thankyou Sir Jim for giving me this opportunity!!!

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Replacing Landrover 300tdi D1. Phenomenal tourer, and to be honest, it didn't quite need replacing, however the grenadier ticks all boxes in my opinion and just looks too good to not take the opportunity. Especially the way all these new cars are going electric and jammed back with computers and autonomous trickery etc. I feel the grenadier is very similar to my D1, space wise, capability wise, practicality wise. But it's new. I've always said If I could buy a brand new D1 today I would, and this is the closest there is... Luckily its well powered and has some safety features, the things a D1 lacks. I say all this being Landrover bias, but there is no new Landrover I would buy. Thankyou Sir Jim for giving me this opportunity!!!
I think this sentiment is shared with many people, myself included.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:49 PM
Reaction score
You guys already seem very well equipped.
I am replacing a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso family car that I have been pushing beyond its limits for 10 years.

Completely ripped into pieces. Really looking to this fresh canvas to evolve our trips.
You won't know yourself!

Back
Top Bottom