The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What car will your Grenadier replace?

Local time
4:59 PM
Reaction score
2001 Defender. However don’t plan on unloading her if I can help it.
Mine is 05. I would love to keep it as a safeguard incase the grenadier is a big mistake because once it's gone it's never coming back. But in thinking about it.. in all reality I won't know if the IG is a mistake for quite some time... Can't have cars sitting around doing nothing.

So I need to be very sure before I push the go button. It's a risk. Which is why I need to drive one first.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:59 AM
Reaction score
Doesn't seem like a logical competitor but there you go!

What car will your Grenadier replace?​

pretty much the exact polar opposite
But that is what is going and being replaced by the Grenadier
2 door - 6 door
no ground clearance - great ground clearance
Ultra low profile sports tyres - high sidewall off road tyres (K02)
Glass roof - solid metal high load roof
lots of electronics - minimal electronics
smooth tar road only - off road capable
50mm wading depth - 800mm wading depth
thin reclined sports seats - thick supportive upright driving seats

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:59 PM
Reaction score
Mine is 05. I would love to keep it as a safeguard incase the grenadier is a big mistake because once it's gone it's never coming back. But in thinking about it.. in all reality I won't know if the IG is a mistake for quite some time... Can't have cars sitting around doing nothing.

So I need to be very sure before I push the go button. It's a risk. Which is why I need to drive one first.
Yes I agree. The Defender is currently my daily drive so that’ll be replaced by the IG. But for trips to the beach with the dogs and firewood cutting no doubt the Defender will still have its place.

Until the IG starts getting scars🤦‍♂️

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:59 AM
Reaction score
So this will probably be gone early next week and I’ll be rocking a purple Jazz until the Gren comes Stateside. In my mind I’d have my truck in January next year, at least that was my thinking in deciding to sell my truck. But my luck is horrible and I am bracing for a few shitty scenarios. 1) Price jumps and greedy dealers push me out 2) If that doesn’t happen, then it will take 2-3 years to actually get my Grenadier if it even happens. Nevertheless, it’s going to drag by.

0CBA56D2-8C33-430E-890F-EF0BC51071F2.jpeg

Local time
Reaction score
So this will probably be gone early next week and I’ll be rocking a purple Jazz until the Gren comes Stateside. In my mind I’d have my truck in January next year, at least that was my thinking in deciding to sell my truck. But my luck is horrible and I am bracing for a few shitty scenarios. 1) Price jumps and greedy dealers push me out 2) If that doesn’t happen, then it will take 2-3 years to actually get my Grenadier if it even happens. Nevertheless, it’s going to drag by.

View attachment 7800776
It looks like you've kept this super-clean, and - as I recall - you've got the sweet 6.2 liter V8. You can probably get more for this truck than what you paid for it new. A couple of weeks ago I saw a 2020 Ram Power Wagon with 40,000 miles on the odometer, listed for $2,000 over its original sticker price! Just curious - is there something you don't like about the truck? Its definitely not in the same niche as the Grenadier.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great truck and no dislikes - rides great, lots of goodies, tons of room. But the Grenadier is the truck I’ve always asked for - a modern Defender proper. I have zero desire to get rid of my GMC but the market for used trucks wont get any better and it makes sense all around.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I feel the same. Passed on the D90, saved 10k and bought a pathfinder. I’ll definitely be getting the Grenny

Local time
Reaction score
Great truck and no dislikes - rides great, lots of goodies, tons of room. But the Grenadier is the truck I’ve always asked for - a modern Defender proper. I have zero desire to get rid of my GMC but the market for used trucks wont get any better and it makes sense all around.
I'd keep the gmc. I love my mine (2015 with 250k miles) and wouldn't trade it for a grenadier even if it turns out to be a great vehicle. On the other hand, if the grenadier turns out to be unreliable and/or a pain to service, you'll be sorry you traded it.

Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7800776
I took this same approach, sold a 2019 F-150 Raptor a year ago to cash in on the absurd secondary market pricing. Now driving a 2011 Range Rover that is a huge headache but full of “character”. Hoping it will hold out until the Grenadier makes it over to our shores.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I sold my 2017 Raptor when we moved house because it made sense then too, but I do miss that truck. In the end, it is what it is. If the Grenadier doesn’t pan out for whatever reason something else will grab my attention.

Local time
Reaction score
I sold my 2017 Raptor when we moved house because it made sense then too, but I do miss that truck. In the end, it is what it is. If the Grenadier doesn’t pan out for whatever reason something else will grab my attention.
Literally sold mine when we moved as well. Ha. Now I just want the Grenadier to get here for your sake!

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Grenadier will replace my 05 model V6 petrol Triton... it's a factory farm spec Ute, no AC, No radio, no footrest even! Am I looking forward to my Gren - holy hell yes! Is my wife ok with this purchase - oh hell yes! A no brainer.

Last edited:

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:59 AM
Reaction score
I sold my Aging but much loved and heavily moded Discovery 3 about five years ago as it was starting to be less than reliable and bought a Mitsubishi Pajero Sport which was to be a fill in car until the New Defender came along and I was going to buy that, but a few niggly things held me back and then I got entranced by the Grenadier and here we are.

Back
Top Bottom