The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wading Mode

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:34 AM
Reaction score
Good evening All,

Just curious, having never had a vehicle with wading more, just wanted to know people’s tips for when/where/depth you should engage wading mode?

Tonight went through around 600mm of water and during the wading, my wife asked about the wading mode.

TIA

Local time
10:34 PM
Reaction score
Yes, true, perhaps a bit of RTFM required
As I understand it (not from experience)... Wade mode turns off the engine fan if it's safe to do so. "Safe to do so" is based on engine information (example: too hot it won't turn off). Seems like wade mode should be turned on if you think the water will reach the level of the fan. I suppose the engine info will over-ride the wade mode if you gorget to turn it back on.

AWo

Local time
7:34 AM
Reaction score
Does it do something about the winch? On an offroad event in October an IG dipped into the water with the bumper and the winch. Afterwards it didn't work for a few hours. After it was dry again it worked. The wading mode was off.

AWo

Local time
10:34 PM
Reaction score
@AWo Good question. I don't know the answer but I'm hoping Wade mode doesn't turn off the winch or, if it does, then I hope there is a work around in case you get stuck.

I know the Sherpa and Warn winches are water resistant...I'm sure the Red winches are similar.

If INEOS didn't make the upstream wiring water proof then I guess it doesn't matter. Hopefully your experience was due to pre-prod unit.

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
3:34 PM
Reaction score
Does it do something about the winch? On an offroad event in October an IG dipped into the water with the bumper and the winch. Afterwards it didn't work for a few hours. After it was dry again it worked. The wading mode was off.

AWo
The owners manual makes no mention of wading mode affecting the winch.IMG_8971.jpeg

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just testing it on the drive, it seems you need to be in Off Road Mode to then activate Wading Mode, and I believe you need to be Centre Diff Locked to engage Off Road Mode, so when wading some prior preparation required

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just testing it on the drive, it seems you need to be in Off Road Mode to then activate Wading Mode, and I believe you need to be Centre Diff Locked to engage Off Road Mode, so when wading some prior preparation required
I can enter off-road mode without centre diff locked. But I have to be in low locked with off road mode on to activate wading mode.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you, I’m still trying stuff out on the farm but haven’t got to everything yet 👍
I find I need to be in N or P with sodding handbrake on for off road mode. cant remember if have also to be in same status for wading mode.

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good evening All,

Just curious, having never had a vehicle with wading more, just wanted to know people’s tips for when/where/depth you should engage wading mode?

Tonight went through around 600mm of water and during the wading, my wife asked about the wading mode.

TIA
My wading mode has never worked unfortunately, the dealer was unable to correct it when the 1946 update was completed, he said that a future software update will be required. Shame as I seem to be driving in flood water every day at the moment. The screen says unavailable when selecting Wading mode .

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:34 AM
Reaction score
By the way… during the regeneration cycle of the filter (aka as Harrier takeoff) the wading mode does not work.
It’s a nasty sound when the fan hits the water…
A friend told me this
😙

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:34 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I've done a fair bit of wading over the last few (wet) weeks, but never used wading mode as I have been on tarred roads. (Just a function of UK weather, very minor roads and my odd commute of around 10 miles, half on single track roads).

https://youtu.be/fqvp9YXPYWo

https://youtu.be/ophjXb0Wbj8

Reactions: IGL

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I've done a fair bit of wading over the last few (wet) weeks, but never used wading mode as I have been on tarred roads. (Just a function of UK weather, very minor roads and my odd commute of around 10 miles, half on single track roads).

https://youtu.be/fqvp9YXPYWo

https://youtu.be/ophjXb0Wbj8
Hi Jeremy,

I'm in the same boat, where going across flooded tarmac roads in the countryside, thinking its not appropriate to lock the diff, in low range and then engage wading mode.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:34 AM
Reaction score
I wonder how long it will take until a "hacking" device comes along that lets us control the software behind things. So a way to remove restrictions/change the parameters when things like wading mode work, or off-road mode, etc. Plus eliminating the need to turn off stop-start, speed warning, etc. every time the truck is restarted.

FORscan software for Ford vehicles lets you control a ton of things - I used it to permanently disable SS, have my windows all roll down when I double clicked and held the unlock button on the fob, my right side mirror would adjust itself for a better view of the curb when the truck was put into reverse, I could engage my high and low beams simultaneously, change the splash screen on bootup to include any image, and a whole mess of other stuff.

Check out this list: FORscan changes

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
3:34 PM
Reaction score
Would love to see lockers work independent of off road mode/low range

Lockers are independent of off-road mode.
I’m interested to know the advantage of being able to engage lockers in high range.

Back
Top Bottom