The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

EU road trip + visit to BlackSheep

marcusnilsson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:26 PM
Reaction score
Hi !

I hope you all are having a great start to the new year.

I just wanted to take the opportunity to share some exciting plans my family and I have made.

On February 28th we will leave Sweden for a 1+ month trip through Europe. Or goal is the Iberian peninsula where we will visit friends in the Madrid area as well as in southern Portugal.

Our planned route will take us from Sweden, via Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain and Portugal on our way down. With planned stops in Maastricht (NL), Bloise (FR), Biarritz (FR), Madrid (ES) and finally Cascais&Algarve (PT). We will also stop for lunches in Reims (FR) and Bordeaux (FR)

Our way home we will take a slightly different path as we are going to visit BlackSheep Innovations in Reichenburg (CH) where I will fit my black Trailmaster with their 3-panel roof as well as interior and XL-exterior MOLLE for the side windows.

Any suggestions for the BlackSheep install would also be appreciated. Anything else I should perhaps consider getting once I’m there?

If anyone has any questions you would like me to ask the team at BlackSheep when I’m there (29th of February) please let me know and I will be happy to forward them.

Any good ideas/suggestion for our trip in terms of places to visit, things to see or just road trip advice please let me know. We have been traveling Europe by car before but not with the Grenadier.

I should add that we will not be ‘overlanding’. We will be staying at hotels and/or at friends. Travelling are me, my wife and our 3-month old daughter (hence no marathon drives, we limit ourselves to 3+3hrs per day).

Cheers 🤘🏻🤘🏻

Last edited:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sounds Like a great idea! No suggestion from me, but if you run into any problems around Bielefeld than send a message. (I don’t know what problems there could be…)
And don’t forget to post pictures of your road trip!

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:26 PM
Reaction score
I am jealous. Sounds like a great trip.

While at Black sheep you could ask if they plan on having on-sellers in Australia or the US any time soon. I’m very interested in thier gear but the freight is a killer.

marcusnilsson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sounds Like a great idea! No suggestion from me, but if you run into any problems around Bielefeld than send a message. (I don’t know what problems there could be…)

Thank you! Much appreciated. We will most likely pass through Bielefeld on our way home from Switzerland. I will make sure to take some pictures!

marcusnilsson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi,
if your way crossing Hamburg, take a look on
www.miniatur-wunderland.com
View: https://youtu.be/R669l5CA1YA

We are passing through Hamburg both on our way out and home. Hamburg is like the gateway to europe when you live in Scandinavia. Wherever you go by car, you always come through Hamburg.

Our previous road trip was in May 2023, we stayed in Hamburg for 2 nights and we were walking past the Miniatur Wunderland. The queue was very long, so we opted for a coffe next door instead. Perhaps this time if the queue is shorter. Seems like an intersting place !

marcusnilsson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am jealous. Sounds like a great trip.

While at Black sheep you could ask if they plan on having on-sellers in Australia or the US any time soon. I’m very interested in thier gear but the freight is a killer.

Will do !

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:26 AM
Reaction score
Hi Deichrutscher, Thanks for posting that video. It was amazing beyond belief. Awe Inspiring and a bit risque too. DaBull

marcusnilsson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Departure day is getting closer.

Got my Grenadier fitted with a cargo barrier and a load space divider (Ineos original) from the local dist. I’m attaching a photo for anyone interested. I myself had a hard time finding detailed info on these so any questions just shoot and I’ll do my best.

Also got the cargo door beeping sound fixed. The fix was (as mentioned in several other threads) to adjust the part to which the door locks. Now it’s rock solid and does not move an mm (or inch 🫣). That will save us a lot of frustration on our journey !

Attachments

• IMG_0188.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 98
Last edited:

marcusnilsson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Hi!

Of course I got a big crack in the windshield yesterday. 5 days from day zero.

There are no windshields on stock in Sweden (sigh!!). Do you know any Ineos dealer between Hamburg and Köln that I may call to see if I can pop in in an express windshield change?

Anyone else chiming in would also be much appreciated. If not available in Germany, next leg would be between Maastricht and Biarritz (basically diagonally through France).

Update:
Kruell Hamburg - No windshields in stock.

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:26 PM
Reaction score
Hi!

Of course I got a big crack in the windshield yesterday. 5 days from day zero.

There are no windshields on stock in Sweden (sigh!!). Do you know any Ineos dealer between Hamburg and Köln that I may call to see if I can pop in in an express windshield change?

Anyone else chiming in would also be much appreciated. If not available in Germany, next leg would be between Maastricht and Biarritz (basically diagonally through France).
Presuming a detour via Hambach is not ideal?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If it would result in a new windshield it would certainly be an option.
Bit of a long shot, granted, but I'd ask your agent at home to send over a request direct to Ineos and enquire whether you could pick up a windshield from the factory on your 'made on purpose' tour of Europe. Might be some kudos in it for them.

Then again might hear bugger all back.

Nothing lost and you might get a tour of the factory!

marcusnilsson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Bit of a long shot, granted, but I'd ask your agent at home to send over a request direct to Ineos and enquire whether you could pick up a windshield from the factory on your 'made on purpose' tour of Europe. Might be some kudos in it for them.

Then again might hear bugger all back.

Nothing lost and you might get a tour of the factory!

So.. about that.. ! 😆

Here follows a little update to the story…

Windshield breaks on Monday. On Tuesday I speak with the three Ineos dealers in Sweden. There are 0 windshields available. Delivery is between 4-12 weeks.

I call the dealer in Hamburg. 0 windshields. I continue to look for dealers around the route but between language barriers and time running out I’m doubting the sanity of the project.

Based on ECrider’s message I reach out to the head of the importer for Sweden whom I happened to meet and greet with when I ordered my car. As it turns out, he’s also responsible for Belgium, Holland, Luxemburg, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Switzerland. And possibly some more markets that I’m forgetting.

He also turns out to be a really nice guy !

He started calling around to various dealers in Europe to chase a windshield and some other part that also needed to change (something to do with a rain list).

After 24 hrs he can confirm that there is a windshield available. In Brussels, or somewhere in France, or in Madrid. But the other parts are still missing. Chase continues.

Today he confirms that all parts are now available in Madrid and a time has been reserved in a workshop for us when we get there !

So if everything goes as planned, my new windshield will be installed on Feb 2nd, 3000kms from where I live. I mean come on 😄.

My only concern when buying the Grenadier was about the local support and if Ineos would reach critical mass to have a European wide backing.

With this experience I’m confident that they do, and that I’m in very serious and capable hands.

Departure day is Sunday. Will keep you posted on how it proceeds 😄.

Local time
Reaction score
Hello Marcus, I read about a problem of cracked windshields in this forum. The crack mostly occured in the middle and from the bottom of the windshield without any sign of external damage. It could be that the very hot air of the aircondioning and cold from the outside are responsible for this. Up to now it`s a therorie. Could you please make fotos of the crack?
I wish you and your young family much fun and lots of sunshine for your trip!

marcusnilsson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hello Marcus, I read about a problem of cracked windshields in this forum. The crack mostly occured in the middle and from the bottom of the windshield without any sign of external damage. It could be that the very hot air of the aircondioning and cold from the outside are responsible for this. Up to now it`s a therorie. Could you please make fotos of the crack?
I wish you and your young family much fun and lots of sunshine for your trip!

Hi!

thank you for your kind wishes. I also read about people experiencing that issue. In my case I was clearly hit by a loose stubb from a winter tyre on a Swedish highway. A big bang followed by a crack that is now growing with around 2cm/day.

marcusnilsson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Apparently EV’s are using a special rubber mix to lower friction and increase range. The flip side of this rubber mix is that the stubbs easily a gets loose and go flying. This is leading to and increase in windshield repairs in Sweden claims the local repair shop.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So.. about that.. ! 😆

Here follows a little update to the story…

Windshield breaks on Monday. On Tuesday I speak with the three Ineos dealers in Sweden. There are 0 windshields available. Delivery is between 4-12 weeks.

I call the dealer in Hamburg. 0 windshields. I continue to look for dealers around the route but between language barriers and time running out I’m doubting the sanity of the project.

Based on ECrider’s message I reach out to the head of the importer for Sweden whom I happened to meet and greet with when I ordered my car. As it turns out, he’s also responsible for Belgium, Holland, Luxemburg, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Switzerland. And possibly some more markets that I’m forgetting.

He also turns out to be a really nice guy !

He started calling around to various dealers in Europe to chase a windshield and some other part that also needed to change (something to do with a rain list).

After 24 hrs he can confirm that there is a windshield available. In Brussels, or somewhere in France, or in Madrid. But the other parts are still missing. Chase continues.

Today he confirms that all parts are now available in Madrid and a time has been reserved in a workshop for us when we get there !

So if everything goes as planned, my new windshield will be installed on Feb 2nd, 3000kms from where I live. I mean come on 😄.

My only concern when buying the Grenadier was about the local support and if Ineos would reach critical mass to have a European wide backing.

With this experience I’m confident that they do, and that I’m in very serious and capable hands.

Departure day is Sunday. Will keep you posted on how it proceeds 😄.
Marvellous, sounds like you found somebody who wouldn't be beaten. Good luck and safe travels. Send pics of trip.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:26 AM
Reaction score
Departure day is getting closer.

Got my Grenadier fitted with a cargo barrier and a load space divider (Ineos original) from the local dist. I’m attaching a photo for anyone interested. I myself had a hard time finding detailed info on these so any questions just shoot and I’ll do my best.

Also got the cargo door beeping sound fixed. The fix was (as mentioned in several other threads) to adjust the part to which the door locks. Now it’s rock solid and does not move an mm (or inch 🫣). That will save us a lot of frustration on our journey !
Is there any adjust ability to the load space divider? For example, can it be moved to divide the cargo space to 50/50? It looks great, trying to see if I can come up with one in the US.

marcusnilsson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Is there any adjust ability to the load space divider? For example, can it be moved to divide the cargo space to 50/50? It looks great, trying to see if I can come up with one in the US.

Not without modifications. The cargo barrier has fixed brackets onto which you mount the divider.

IMG_0258.jpegIMG_0255.jpegIMG_0254.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: PBD
Back
Top Bottom