The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

EU road trip + visit to BlackSheep

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:01 AM
Reaction score
Here’s what we managed in one day;

ARB twin compressor mounted in rear wheel box. Connects to NATO socket when in use.

12V sockets “tucked away” at driver and passenger side connected to Int 1 and Int 2.

Molle panels XL exterior, and Molle panels interior. Two fuel canisters.

3 pcs roof panel.

I also got some extra brackets and stuff which I will share later on.

View attachment 7846280View attachment 7846281View attachment 7846282View attachment 7846283View attachment 7846284View attachment 7846285View attachment 7846286
How did you handle the wiring of the compressor to the NATO? My intention is to do just that (probably for a suitcase compressor)

marcusnilsson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:01 AM
Reaction score
How did you handle the wiring of the compressor to the NATO? My intention is to do just that (probably for a suitcase compressor)

I was explained the details by Thomas from Blacksheep, and he would probably have no issue explaining it again. I however am an illiterate when it comes to electrical stuff, so neither would I dare touch it nor would I try to explain it.

What I can say though, is that the installation was vastly “simplified” compared to what comes “in the box”. There’s a bunch of stuff only needed when using it for diff locks.

What I do recall is that it used 3 cables from one of the switches (I can point to it in the manual 🫣), two connected to the compressor and one to the battery. There’s also two 40A fuses on the cable.

I would be happy foto document it in detail and ask Thomas to write up the actual installation should you need it.

marcusnilsson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ll ask this specifically when I pick up the car tomorrow.

Honest answer was he didn’t know. He that the winch and accessories thereof are excluded from EU pedestrian safety laws and therefore couldn’t see any issue. The part was also rounded and didn’t have sharp edges.

Reactions: IGL

marcusnilsson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Got to be henderson? Very close to vegas, lots of shops and distribution centers there. Cool, i can make the detour via vegas when i pick up my vehicle in san diego.

Sounds within the margin of error when a Swiss and a Swede are talking in English 😄.

IGL

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Honest answer was he didn’t know. He that the winch and accessories thereof are excluded from EU pedestrian safety laws and therefore couldn’t see any issue. The part was also rounded and didn’t have sharp edges.
Hi Marcus, thanks for asking at black sheep. (y) I'd better have it checked by the TÜV before ordering. It's metal/aluminum so I doubt it's really excluded.

Back
Top Bottom