The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wading Mode

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:13 AM
Reaction score
To me it's about having all aids working independently of others. Eg I'm in low but computer says I'm in Hi and therefore won't engage the lockers etc etc.

Never tried lockers out of off-road mode. Will try, tks.

MikeP

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:13 PM
Reaction score
My wading mode has never worked unfortunately, the dealer was unable to correct it when the 1946 update was completed, he said that a future software update will be required. Shame as I seem to be driving in flood water every day at the moment. The screen says unavailable when selecting Wading mode .
We had the same issue during our off-road training with the Grenadier.

We were instructed that wading mode works only if the following sequence is adhered to:

engage low range
engage off-road mode
engage central diff
push wading mode for 1 sec
reconfirm wading mode within 15 sec

It is not a software issue!

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:13 AM
Reaction score
We had the same issue during our off-road training with the Grenadier.

We were instructed that wading mode works only if the following sequence is adhered to:

engage low range
engage off-road mode
engage central diff
push wading mode for 1 sec
reconfirm wading mode within 15 sec

It is not a software issue!
Yes, I understand the engagement sequence but it unfortunately will not engage on the confirmation press, at this point it say Wading mode unavailable.
The dealer was also unable to engage it 🤔

Psignore00

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:13 AM
Reaction score
Lockers are independent of off-road mode.
I’m interested to know the advantage of being able to engage lockers in high range.

I thought this too. My reasoning was being able to drive 20mph or so while locked front and rear. To do that in my old jeep, that meant locked in 4H. With the grenadiers powertrain, driving 20mph with all 3 axles locked and in low gear, works just fine.

alexandruast

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:13 PM
Reaction score
Wading mode should only be engaged on serious water crossings, not puddles or shallow riverbeds. The fan is placed pretty high, so any crossing below the bumper should not require enabling it. I always pause for a minute or two for the transmission and exhaust to cool down a bit and enable all available diffs in any car I drive before crossing waters that are at bumper level or above. I don't find the IG procedure to be problematic, because you should be enabling all those anyways if the water level touches (not splashes) the fan blades.

Back
Top Bottom