The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

UK & Ireland UK Prices are now falling!

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:00 AM
Reaction score
Check out Autotrader - there is an IG for sale with VAT paid for £44,000. Looks as though there has been a price reset recently.

Reactions: PBD

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:00 AM
Reaction score
Check out Autotrader - there is an IG for sale with VAT paid for £44,000. Looks as though there has been a price reset recently.
Makes sense since many got it at a lower price and trying to sell at premium. As more come on line and people willing to wait for their order, prices will decline. Those are still making a slight profit.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It’s pretty base from the look of it and what would that have cost for a very early order. from memory a commercial 2 seater was around £50k.. could be mistaken.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It’s pretty base from the look of it and what would that have cost for a very early order. from memory a commercial 2 seater was around £50k.. could be mistaken.
A base vehicle, with expensive options. I can accept the drop, as it's normal for a used vehicle. Checking the whole spectrum of used vehicles they have all readjusted lower.

Trialmasters are now down to what they would have cost the first adopters initially, so the speculation days are over.

Gaston the Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I paid £64k for mine in August (pre owned with 1k on the clock). Plenty of options included (safari windows, leather, 18” steels plus KO2’s, tow hitch, Aux wiring & switches, side runners, ladder, paint) which I think wasn’t far off what first owner paid. He also added ceramic coating and scuff strips on door sills.
Current price would be around £75k I think.
So there are some genuine sellers about (change of circumstances after 18 month wait for example).
Like the watch market, there’s flippers looking for a fast buck, but a lot of them are using finance, so when prices do drop, the flippers are left hanging out to dry.

Baron von Teuchter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just paid £70k for mine with 139 miles on it, new list price would be £82k for same spec.

Yes, there are some for sale privately at prices that look lower but usually not great spec. I couldn’t find one the spec I wanted. Closest was one near Edinburgh with a few thousand miles on, not the spec I wanted but fairly close and it was 67k I think.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Australia is now seeing the 2nd hand market matching the current "new order purchase price". So for initial owners there might still be a $10K or less profit. Those listings here with higher values have been up for awhile and some are now dropping. Cost of living and rates here are slowly taking its toll on the upper-middle class. Next year I will hopefully buy some discounted boat and camper.

FlyingTrotter

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Over 80 listed on autotrader (some may be duplicates) - £50k to low 70’s

to be fair the fluff caused by lack of supply in the used market seems to have gone across the board so it’s not an IG specific issue

Baron von Teuchter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Was about the same when I bought mine a month ago but the “cheap” ones are usually 2 seat or really basic models.

I just had a look through autotrader for a 5 seat diesel station wagon with diff locks and safari windows and the cheapest is £65k - and that’s a private sale.

I’m not sure alloys and leather add value - I rather think many potential grenadier owners would rather have cloth and steels, certainly I did and although they weren’t deal breakers I certainly wouldn’t have paid extra for them.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Was about the same when I bought mine a month ago but the “cheap” ones are usually 2 seat or really basic models.

I just had a look through autotrader for a 5 seat diesel station wagon with diff locks and safari windows and the cheapest is £65k - and that’s a private sale.

I’m not sure alloys and leather add value - I rather think many potential grenadier owners would rather have cloth and steels, certainly I did and although they weren’t deal breakers I certainly wouldn’t have paid extra for them.
At least with wheels and seat coverings, there is an aftermarket to go to. Sunroofs, Aux switch panel, front / rear diffs, etc, have less options available at a competitive cost.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Unsure if this is a new feature. I normally use Safari, but if you use Google Chrome, you can add Autotrader Price Tracker to Chrome.

Then it is fascinating tracking the list price changes of all vehicles.

If you look at INEOS, you will see the prices have dropped to the initial purchase price!

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:00 AM
Reaction score
Unsure if this is a new feature. I normally use Safari, but if you use Google Chrome, you can add Autotrader Price Tracker to Chrome.

If you look at INEOS, you will see the prices have dropped to the initial purchase price!
This makes sense since you can order them and get them at a reasonable time frame.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Not bad to think that regardless of recent financial events, you might still recoup most of your money. Used to be that one could assume a 20% loss as soon as it left the showroom.

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My Grenny is on Autotrader and has been for many months. I haven't checked the ad or the price recently and, no, I'm not keen to sell or to make a bundle on the car. I really like it. My missus does too. But I'm not using it properly. There's plenty of tarmac where I live but a lot of muddy roads too as it's a farming area. Have mentioned before that I bought a new Defender six months before the Grenadier arrived. I loved the Defender so should probably have cancelled my Grenadier order. But I didn't, wanting both the cake and the eating. And life has been good, few problems bar the software update and crap radio. Nine months down the line, I still love both cars so the ad is gathering dust. Then yesterday someone called about it. I told him I was a reluctant seller but he persisted. We agreed a time to come and see the car (big incentive to wash it) but when I put the phone down I realised I never gave him my address. You'd expect him to call back, but he didn't. Is some scam going on I don't know about or is this just the way of time wasters? I've sold a few cars privately so I'm used to the dealer spiel (buying it for my daughter etc).

Re not using it properly - I had visions of sticking on a roof tent and going overland somewhere but we have two dogs and I don't want to go through the dog passport stuff, so that's restricting. Also I suspect that the roof tent option looks more fun than it actually is and I'm getting a bit long in the tooth for all that. The upshot is that I have a very cosseted Grenadier and they were not designed for cosseting.

I'm treating the call as a sign that I should keep it. I'm thoroughly sick of people trashing the same old things about the Grenadier online, just as some unfairly trash the new Defender. I feel pretty privileged to own both cars and so far the cash is holding out. If I sell either, the replacement will be a runabout which makes so much sense that I can't stand the idea!

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I still don't understand the scam but Autotrader said it was a scammer and blocked the number. Anyway I was filling up with diesel in Scotland the other day and the lady at the till said: "Nice car!" You can't sell a car when someone says that. Even the radio is working OK now. Just shows though, selling privately is tougher than it used to be.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:00 PM
Reaction score
We agreed a time to come and see the car (big incentive to wash it) but when I put the phone down I realised I never gave him my address. You'd expect him to call back, but he didn't. Is some scam going on
For security reasons , I've always sold cars off site i.e. not at my address. In a public place though, and if cash is involved , next to a bank . Not that you'd be buying a Grenadier with a stack of notes , but some people do like crisp notes :)

Bazaboy69

Production/Transit
Local time
6:00 AM
Reaction score
Anyone fancies buying one I'm selling mines at the moment, Donny grey Trialmaster. I'd take 55k right now

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:00 PM
Reaction score
For security reasons , I've always sold cars off site i.e. not at my address. In a public place though, and if cash is involved , next to a bank . Not that you'd be buying a Grenadier with a stack of notes , but some people do like crisp notes :)
I am the same
I never sell drugs from my home.
I always meet offsite and have someone hiding in the scrub nearby with a rifle.
I used to only take cash but now I prefer bank transfer.

Back
Top Bottom