The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Passenger side Grab Handle: Part numbers and prices

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:06 PM
Reaction score
@ECrider, thank you for the feedback.

A lot of money.

But here comes the really bad part: I have now some other offers, of which Krah+Enders actually was the least expensive. However, I was told that prices have increased recently. :( Don't know yet how much.

But one offer stood out and beats them all: a German agent that sent me a quote of over 600 Euros. Six-hundred ! A cheeky rip-off. 🤮 (n)

Believe it or not. 🤷‍♂️

PS: mounting not included, of course.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:06 PM
Reaction score

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:06 PM
Reaction score
The grip.
Two bolts with washers.
A plastic trim with two small caps.
Jeeze. I could understand $100 all in, but paying upwards of 50 for the little covers. Oi.

Zartoon

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:06 PM
Reaction score
It is possible to do this on a US Gren.

Here is the picture.

There are two ways to do this. The right way and the hacker way.
Right way is to order the grab handle, screws, the two screw cover tabs and the left side A Pilar trim piece with the correct left hand grab handle cut outs from the right hand drive model vehicle. Install all parts and you have it.

Unfortunately, the right hand drive parts are not available in the US. So you can order the grab handle, screws, the two screw holes covers and then will need to cut the trim panel to fit the handle in the left side of the vehicle. Relatively easy to do.

Here is the part that bites you. Those little plastic tabs that cover the holes for the bolts on the grab handle. The pair costs more than the grab handle. Why, I have no idea. Makes zero Sense to me. Maybe someone can explain it.

Disclaimer: Someone also brought up a good point about interference with the A Pilar airbag. I think this is something that needs to be considered for safety reasons. Don’t do this unless you know what you are doing and understand the operation and safety features of your vehicle.

Attachments

• IMG_4022.jpeg
    IMG_4022.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:06 AM
Reaction score
It is possible to do this on a US Gren.

Here is the picture.

There are two ways to do this. The right way and the hacker way.
Right way is to order the grab handle, screws, the two screw cover tabs and the left side A Pilar trim piece with the correct left hand grab handle cut outs from the right hand drive model vehicle. Install all parts and you have it.

Unfortunately, the right hand drive parts are not available in the US. So you can order the grab handle, screws, the two screw holes covers and then will need to cut the trim panel to fit the handle in the left side of the vehicle. Relatively easy to do.

Here is the part that bites you. Those little plastic tabs that cover the holes for the bolts on the grab handle. The pair costs more than the grab handle. Why, I have no idea. Makes zero Sense to me. Maybe someone can explain it.

Disclaimer: Someone also brought up a good point about interference with the A Pilar airbag. I think this is something that needs to be considered for safety reasons. Don’t do this unless you know what you are doing and understand the operation and safety features of your vehicle.
Well done, I don't think there shouldn't be an issue with the airbags one would think, as they look the same once the interior trim is removed, the only difference I could see is one has L and the other R with corresponding colours.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom