The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

TPMS - The Quest for a second set of tyres/rims/sensors - Technical

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:21 AM
Reaction score
The grennie comes with metal not rubber stem valves. Autel offer that as an option and I use the screw rather than the clip in. They are all approx same price.

The rotate will be problematic for you on the OEM wheels. Go back to the dealer.

The rotate with Autel mx sensors is achieved by setting the sensor codes back to the determined places. Which will have changed if you have rotated your OseM set and relearned.

So the secret is (at present grennie software levels) to put the sensor codes back to the right locations after wheel swaps. The only thing the Grenadier learns automatically is when you swap the coded spare in to any location. Then it expects you to swap it back to being a spare and put the original back.

Another forum member has said he is going to put mx sensors into his OEM wheels to to be fully flexible so he doesn’t have to go back to an Ineos dealer for a relearn. And has photographed his codes to know what to program where.

Hope that makes sense. And yes any variant of the ts508 is good with latest software for programming mx sensors to the grenadier. I have the older model and it works a treat.
Thank you Douggie, much appreciated.

Looks like with spare tyre rotation with OEM wheels I'll have to buy the MX sensors for them as well. I'm not concerned about having wrong sensor in rong corner but I am concerned about error messages blocking half my screen 75pct of the time which is what I have had since September.

Will have a think and tks again.

Traveling Marvin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:21 AM
Reaction score
And it worked fine ?
I finally got my rims and some time, so I plan to do the Autel cloning next week.

Diego

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am also driving an old Defender 110 and the TPMS never failed in 24 years as it is me who monitor the tyre pressure.

The Grenadier TPMS is far from accurate, I would say. I am not seeing any special adventage on monitoring the tyre pressure through the screen.

I am going to run the car with 2 sets of rims and 2 different tyre sizes. Is there any possibility to delete /cancel the TPMS in th screen and check pressures manually as we have done since we have a driving licence? Far more simple for me.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am also driving an old Defender 110 and the TPMS never failed in 24 years as it is me who monitor the tyre pressure.

The Grenadier TPMS is far from accurate, I would say. I am not seeing any special adventage on monitoring the tyre pressure through the screen.

I am going to run the car with 2 sets of rims and 2 different tyre sizes. Is there any possibility to delete /cancel the TPMS in th screen and check pressures manually as we have done since we have a driving licence? Far more simple for me.
I would like to delete them but so far have not found a work around. I have 2x sets of rims and tyres and rotate regularly along with the spares. It's a right pain in the arse. I may well go down what Douggie has suggested and buy the Autel tool and 5x sensors, or is it 10?

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:21 AM
Reaction score
Since I was able to successfully move my sensor valves from the stock rims to my new tires/wheels, I no longer need the second set or the programmer. So, I have a brand new, unused, Autel programmer and a set of five sensor valves for sale.. See the listing in classified.

Traveling Marvin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I finally got my rims and some time, so I plan to do the Autel cloning next week.

And finally I found the time to mount the Autel sensors on the new rims, mount the tyres and swap wheels.
I copied each original sensor ID to the new sensor of the corresponding wheel, and........

...... it looks like my Grenadier has simply accepted the new sensors correctly without any errors.
Reads temperature and pressure just like before. So far so good. :)

I have now two working sets of tyres that I can swap as needed.
Nokian winter tyres on INEOS Aluminium rims 17"
BFG All Terian on classic INEOS steel rims 17"

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And finally I found the time to mount the Autel sensors on the new rims, mount the tyres and swap wheels.
I copied each original sensor ID to the new sensor of the corresponding wheel, and........

...... it looks like my Grenadier has simply accepted the new sensors correctly without any errors.
Reads temperature and pressure just like before. So far so good. :)

I have now two working sets of tyres that I can swap as needed.
Nokian winter tyres on INEOS Aluminium rims 17"
BFG All Terian on classic INEOS steel rims 17"
Excellent news. Can you please confirm which Autel equipment you bought - just to be on the safe side.

Also any thoughts on rotating the spare in? How would you go about that? Copy the original spare and then just swap the ID's between rotation i.e your left front now thinks it's the spare and vice versa etc

Traveling Marvin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can you please confirm which Autel equipment you bought - just to be on the safe side.

Autel MaxiTPMS TS508WF KIT with 4 x 2-IN-1 Metall MX-Sensoren (≈ 340€ special offer)​

On my 110 I always bought a full set of 5 wheels. Always swapped the spare wheel to the same as the others.
Winter, All Terrain, Mud Terrain. NEVER needed to use the spare one so far. Not even in Iceland. :cautious:

So this time (and thanks to the prices of original INEOS rims !) I just leave the spare tyre where it is.
Choose the same dimensions for my new rims/tyres, so I can bring in the AT spare whenever I need.

The Autel WiFi works fine. Does not need a Windows PC for software updates.
Just takes ages to download a new SW version (> 30 min)

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:21 AM
Reaction score
Got my new tires mounted on rims with MX sensors. Ran the latest update on my 508 and there is no INEOS in the USA software version.
I just want to clone each sensor, not hook up to OBD.

Anybody know which make uses the same type sensors as INEOS so I can choose something that will get me started?
I'll just start experimenting if nobody knows.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:21 AM
Reaction score
Got my new tires mounted on rims with MX sensors. Ran the latest update on my 508 and there is no INEOS in the USA software version.
I just want to clone each sensor, not hook up to OBD.

Anybody know which make uses the same type sensors as INEOS so I can choose something that will get me started?
I'll just start experimenting if nobody knows.
In settings, change your region to Europe. Ineos is there.

Autel have not added Ineos to the US region menu yet.

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:21 AM
Reaction score
In settings, change your region to Europe. Ineos is there.

Autel have not added Ineos to the US region menu yet.
Found it, thanks!

I selected INEOS, but have to go to work. No time to try it out today.

mikeonline

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The Foxwell T2000 seems to have an Update for INEOS.
I have not tested it yet, but Foxwell i mostly cheap and has a big feature list. But they have many bugs.

For other makes i can recommend the NT530 (single make to buy but lifetime update).
The i80 Max needs yearly updates, but includes all makes.

Nevetheless INEOS is still NOT supported by these OBD-Testers.

douggie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:21 PM
Reaction score
I was away for the weekend and got a handle on the TPMS RCP set functionality …. It won’t set on any wheel they has 49psi or higher, which is odd because the recommended pressure for Grenadier TM with 5 passengers and KI2 is 49 psi. But it does reset the other wheels. Logged the issue with the dealer today.

Drop them back 1 psi to 48 and set RCP works a charm. Bit useless as my tow setup at the moment has 50psi on the rear Yokohama GO16s 285/70/R17s.

But set RCP worked a treat for the low pressure 4WDing we did. Nice to not have needless warnings on the screen.

On a side note, I love the 1st off-road screen with pitch and roll and the second view with temps. Clocked some gnarly long rocky runs downhill at a max of 26 degrees and the vehicle held well and Hill Descent Control worked a treat (till the last section of the day on Saturday when it stopped working with a fault message … something about a TSA error) leaving me having to use the brake even in low ratio low gear.

D

Back
Top Bottom