The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Towing mirrors

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:59 AM
Reaction score
Hi,
Has anyone managed to buy suitable mirrors to add to the Grenadier when towing a wider trailer such as a caravan to give wider visibility?
If so, please can you let me know the model?
Many thanks
John

Local time
9:59 PM
Reaction score
I would bet we'll be stuck with something like these. I have some very similar for my Tacoma and they work OK, just a little ugly. Considering how many Tacoma's there with nothing specific developed for them, I'd be certain it will be similar for the IG.Screenshot_20230430-072148.png

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would bet we'll be stuck with something like these. I have some very similar for my Tacoma and they work OK, just a little ugly. Considering how many Tacoma's there with nothing specific developed for them, I'd be certain it will be similar for the IG.View attachment 7810025
Thanks, they look likely to work, I have just taken some photos and sent them to Milenco to see if they have the answer and will let you know what they say.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi,
Has anyone managed to buy suitable mirrors to add to the Grenadier when towing a wider trailer such as a caravan to give wider visibility?
If so, please can you let me know the model?
Many thanks
John
I will try my milenco ones on mine when I get it next week John and let you know. They have been excellent for caravans etc on my discos.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Would have liked Ineos to offer something like a Clearview option.

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Would have liked Ineos to offer something like a Clearview option.

Most interesting thanks!

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:59 PM
Reaction score
Someone asked Clearview if they were considering making mirrors for the IG, they weren't interested as the volume is too small ATM.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:59 PM
Reaction score
All we can do is keep sending these companies emails asking for the products. Over time it will bear fruit.

I have sent 6 emails to different companies to date. So far two of those requests have led to results concerning Deutsch plugs kits and a NATO>Anderson adapter. Yes, simple products but a start.

ORS or Off Road Systems in Sydney will make me drawers, water tank and a bed extension once I have the IG – a third success. ORS has already taken measurements of the 5 seater version (mine is a 2 seater). I had ORS drawers, water tank and bed extension in my Patrol and they were quality products able to withstand Outback travel.

One maybe (SmartBar), another no (KAON) and Rock Armor has not yet replied (only emailed them a few days ago).

My strike rate is at 50% right now.

EDIT: Make that one more hit. It turns out SolarScreens have come onboard. I sent an email to them yesterday but others were way ahead of me and the results can be seen here.

Last edited:

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Refreshing page now vehicles are on the road. Both Clearview and MSA require people to register their interest for them to develop replacement door mirrors. I suspect some may wish to replace door mirrors even if they are not towing. 😶😀

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Refreshing page now vehicles are on the road. Both Clearview and MSA require people to register their interest for them to develop replacement door mirrors. I suspect some may wish to replace door mirrors even if they are not towing. 😶😀

Email sent, we'll see how it goes.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

The fact that the door mirrors don't have 43 functions makes that a lot easier.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Already done Clearview.

Local time
2:29 PM
Reaction score

Have done.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Keep up the emails, got this response from them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231010_082813_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20231010_082813_Email.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 22

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A reply regarding numbers needed....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231010_161737_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20231010_161737_Email.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 16

Mike_66

Production/Transit
Local time
6:59 AM
Reaction score
clear view mirrors would be a definitive plus using them in my Isuzu since quite some time and love them for the rear view and the size

Back
Top Bottom