The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas The Flip Thread

Local time
6:17 PM
Reaction score
Well, 5000 units a year to the US.

Wranglers sell 180,000 and broncos sell 120,000 and hold good resale in a more "affordable" car segment.

With the price increase, I'm not sure there's much left on the table to make it worth a flip for the casual buyer. On the other hand, With the probability of being made whole plus a couple percent at least during year one being rather likely, it doesn't seem like there's much risk if you just want to stick your toes in and see if its something you want to live with.

That having been said, I already have a dealer friend that will take mine if I don't want it.

Local time
11:17 PM
Reaction score
I didn't expect to see quite so many for sale on AutoTrader but I guess flipping has become quite popular following the pandemic, etc.

Especially as a quick call to the Ineos U.K. dealers will unearth new cars for sale at list price. You’d have to be pretty stupid to pay over retail for second hand one without checking whether you could purchase the vehicle for new at retail.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:17 AM
Reaction score

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Where did they get " As one Grenadier sells for £9k above sticker price" from?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Where did they get " As one Grenadier sells for £9k above sticker price" from?
Sold for £73k on Collecting Cars, an online auction company, , bought for £64k.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
But those two figures refer to two different vehicles?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
But meaningless when you can spec two Fieldmasters up to more than a £9k difference?

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting that two people posted within an hour of each other on the Ineos Australian FB page today wanting to sell their Black grenadiers immediately after purchase.
One a FM and the other a TM.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting that two people posted within an hour of each other on the Ineos Australian FB page today wanting to sell their Black grenadiers immediately after purchase.
One a FM and the other a TM.
How much more than list are they asking?

thale10

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
5:17 PM
Reaction score
If theres only 5k to the US and severe backlog they will be flipped for a profit. How large depends on a few factors. People are selling old school restored Defenders and Broncos for 250-300k. Something newer and more rare like the Grenadier should do well.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I spoke to an agent recently who confirmed that as far as he could see, there had been hardly any new orders coming in since the initial batch of handraisers. His thoughts were that there are people who will buy one, but they are waiting to see how things go with the brand first.
There are a number of flippers trying to sell their cars in OZ, but none of the ones on the most popular car selling site have sold yet - and the price of these are regularly being reduced.
Also I think a new batch of flippers will hit the market once the shipping woes in OZ clear up, so It won’t be long before some of the prices fall to almost what these early hand raisers paid for them originally.

So if you are looking to buy a Grenadier, you are almost better to wait a couple of months, as you will pickup a basically new Gren for cheaper than it costs you to order one.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I spoke to an agent recently who confirmed that as far as he could see, there had been hardly any new orders coming in since the initial batch of handraisers. His thoughts were that there are people who will buy one, but they are waiting to see how things go with the brand first.
There are a number of flippers trying to sell their cars in OZ, but none of the ones on the most popular car selling site have sold yet - and the price of these are regularly being reduced.
Also I think a new batch of flippers will hit the market once the shipping woes in OZ clear up, so It won’t be long before some of the prices fall to almost what these early hand raisers paid for them originally.

So if you are looking to buy a Grenadier, you are almost better to wait a couple of months, as you will pickup a basically new Gren for cheaper than it costs you to order one.
This is the likely outcome here. With interest rates staying high, many of the people throwing $110+K on the truck may have reservations post collection and quickly try to sell if off and avoid any long-term concerns... I suspect those listings of big numbers will certainly NOT SELL, and they will keep reducing until prices hit the current cost... or thereabouts as you suggest.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not exactly about flipping but I see in UK, there are currently 75 Grenadiers for sale. Most with very low miles. Two of particular interest are at the highest end of the price range at circa £90,000. These two have been modified by Buzz Overland. All external plastic parts have been spray painted and combined with the interiors, given more of that ‘Urban’ style look. I did like the shiny plastic but expect it would need a PPF treatment to preserve it.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:17 PM
Reaction score
This thread is a bit old, and flipping has been discussed elsewhere, but I just came across THIS

GM has instituted a warranty void on flipped vehicles. I would imagine that the purchaser might not know this until it's too late, so this seems like an interesting approach.

Back
Top Bottom