The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Spare parts ordering, issues

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:21 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
CAD-IT should be fabulous, which is why I shall be very angry if I don't get unconstrained access to it. Ineos Automotive and I are likely to be having a falling out over it; my Grenadier was bought on the basis that I could, (if I wanted), maintain it myself away from civilisation. Needing cell phone coverage, (for mobile Internet), and to pay for a licence for a limited period is NOT wilderness friendly access!

Local time
7:21 PM
Reaction score
CAD-IT should be fabulous, which is why I shall be very angry if I don't get unconstrained access to it. Ineos Automotive and I are likely to be having a falling out over it; my Grenadier was bought on the basis that I could, (if I wanted), maintain it myself away from civilisation. Needing cell phone coverage, (for mobile Internet), and to pay for a licence for a limited period is NOT wilderness friendly access!
yep, CAD looks nice but is harder to document offline.
Does anyone had a good look at https://techcontent.ineosautomotive.com ? if we would get access would it be possible to extract data to a laptop to carry with you on a long travel?

It took me a bit of sorcery to get my documentation for my Hilux 2015 archived but I've got all I need right now, and without this I woun't be able to do the work i did on my lux.
We need those docs!

atleast this kind of part number pictures: (example for toyota hilux)
1700653022330.png

And preferrably also procedures with torque settings etc.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right thread to post, but @emax will like this ;)
In September, while leaving my youngest son who lives in Hungary, a car hit me in the back and broke one of my red reflectors on the bumper.
I asked the price for a replacement at my dealer, and the cost was 19.40 euro (including VAT) for one piece, without mounting. I did not order it.
20231223_145627.jpg

Some days ago I made a picture of it, measured it and googled it.
I found a website in The Netherlands where I could buy it for 4.80 euro (including VAT).
I bought 2, and had to pay 18.54 euro shipping included.

20231229_111012.jpg

Mounting was straightforward: removing the old one (fitted with adhesive tape), cleaning the bumper with water and alcohol, and placing the new reflector.20231229_112526.jpg

And "klaar is Kees" like the Dutch say!

Here you have the reference of the manufacturer:
Hella Reflector red, 6416386910309, 8RA342014157, 8RA 342 014-157 | Fixation: adhesive tape | Height: 27 mm | Length: 91.8 mm | Thickness: 6.3 mm | ECE-norm: E17 402 | Norm: E1

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:21 PM
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right thread to post, but @emax will like this ;)
In September, while leaving my youngest son who lives in Hungary, a car hit me in the back and broke one of my red reflectors on the bumper.
I asked the price for a replacement at my dealer, and the cost was 19.40 euro (including VAT) for one piece, without mounting. I did not order it.
View attachment 7837567

Some days ago I made a picture of it, measured it and googled it.
I found a website in The Netherlands where I could buy it for 4.80 euro (including VAT).
I bought 2, and had to pay 18.54 euro shipping included.

View attachment 7837568

Mounting was straightforward: removing the old one (fitted with adhesive tape), cleaning the bumper with water and alcohol, and placing the new reflector.View attachment 7837569

And "klaar is Kees" like the Dutch say!

Here you have the reference of the manufacturer:
Hella Reflector red, 6416386910309, 8RA342014157, 8RA 342 014-157 | Fixation: adhesive tape | Height: 27 mm | Length: 91.8 mm | Thickness: 6.3 mm | ECE-norm: E17 402 | Norm: E1
Was the part Ineos branded? I wonder is that reflector is common to another vehicle. I also wonder what other parts are shared with other vehicles that will be able to be sourced outside the dealer network.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Was the part Ineos branded? I wonder is that reflector is common to another vehicle. I also wonder what other parts are shared with other vehicles that will be able to be sourced outside the dealer network.
It is a standard part, not Ineos branded, therefore also used on other rolling equipment, I think some vans, trailers, etc.

Back
Top Bottom