The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Spare parts ordering, issues

Local time
7:58 PM
Reaction score
So @PBD coincidentally had a telephone conversation with this chap yesterday, with some pertinent info to this thread.

"Steve has been with Ineos for five years and he has been the driving force behind the availability of workshop manuals etc to us all. They are with all the dealers and in the not too distant future will be made available to all, however it will be on a pay per view format with probably a 7 day access as the shortest time period."

"Parts and spares will be available only through dealers in the first two years."

Ok, if this the statement, i think about "nothing to buy from Ineos in the first two years"
Or with other words: Never buy a "First Edition"

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:58 AM
Reaction score
Ok, if this the statement, i think about "nothing to buy from Ineos in the first two years"
Or with other words: Never buy a "First Edition"
Parts in first two years would often be covered by warranty so they would want a dealer to do the repairs.
Many of us would want to carry or keep critical spares as well.
I guess we have to see if getting them from the dealer works out ok

Christian

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:58 PM
Reaction score
By the way
What actually happened to the worldwide service concept via the BOSCH Service Centers?
Has that also been cancelled?
I had also assumed that I go for repairs and inspections to the BOSCH service and not to the dealer (which is namely 175km away)!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That is pretty horrible to hear. Not anyway near to the format (or pay structure :rolleyes:) I thought we would get.
What a shit.

Means no printed or printable versions as well. (n)🤮

I think we do need to push back on this.

As early adoptors, they need to treat us in a similar manner to what they did with vehicle pricing. Fine to introduce a paid subscription service for new orders; but it should be a free for life (as long as you own the vehicle) for early adoptors.

A paid subscription service is nothing different to JLR's Topix. I can't seem to find the current costs for that right now.

I wonder how services like Alldata diy work in the US:

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am sure that we will collectively identify the manufacturers or most parts and spares for the Grenny. Then as soon as we do identify an identical but cheaper aftermarket product, we post it on here and all who need it will source said product from new source, swerving INEOS! :)

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
If the manufacturer is allowed to sell. As I wrote, if Ineos paid the development, they can't sell it next to Ineos if Ineos don't want that.

For the Defender Td4 ebgine, which is the Ford Duratorq Puma engine you can find many small adjustments and changes to the original Ford parts, which are much cheaper. Take the small cool water valve on the left engine side or the valve cover. It is a challenge to find the right one within all these nearly similar valve overs for the many different Puma engines.

With BMW was, at least in the past, a missleading issue. During engine production three different types of pistons where used for three power versions. As a spare part only the strongest was listed for the ease of logistics. People who wanted to increase the power of their BMW engine checked the spare part number and found the same across all three power versions, thereby thinking ok, fine I can increase the power as the same piston is used in the strongest version. But they were wrong.

What I wantto say us, can be easy, but must not.

AWo

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:58 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
So @PBD coincidentally had a telephone conversation with this chap yesterday, with some pertinent info to this thread.

"Steve has been with Ineos for five years and he has been the driving force behind the availability of workshop manuals etc to us all. They are with all the dealers and in the not too distant future will be made available to all, however it will be on a pay per view format with probably a 7 day access as the shortest time period."

"Parts and spares will be available only through dealers in the first two years."

Thank you for the detail, but it does not make me happy. I will express my displeasure to my Ineos Automotive contacts When I have calmed down

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you for the detail, but it does not make me happy. I will express my displeasure to my Ineos Automotive contacts When I have calmed down
Bummer I know and not what we were promised at the outset. I got the impression that the "bean counters" were responsible for some of the changes!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
For a first impression of what dealer supplied spart parts may cost have a look here:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
An interesting look at how the spare parts ordering fits in with the full scope of the CAD-IT system:
View: https://youtu.be/kUxUgJdtHFg

And if you look closely on one of the demo screens:
Screenshot_20230716_074342.jpg

Reactions: PBD

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:58 PM
Reaction score
Manual was promised - manual needed.
I bought mine on that promise
Ineos stated earlier this year that the repair manual information would become published after the MY24 vehicles hit the streets, so most likely at the end of this year or early 2024; I would imagine this is because there are some notable differences (both visible and behind the scenes) between the 23s and 24s, and it would make more sense to publish one book that covers both

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today I got a call from INEOS - which was a new experience again.

The guy which called me is named Philip. First of all, he seemed to talk in a language I never heard before. And since I do not tell my name before an unknown caller introduces himself, I was for a moment on the edge to hang up. But then I recognized the word "INEOS". Aha.

It turned out that Philip is a native African and so is his pronunciation: African English at it's hardest.
This is not an insult, on the contrary: He was very friendly and humorous, a really nice guy. Nevertheless, that was one of the hardest African pronunciation I have ever heard. He natively comes from Rwanda - or Uganda, that was unfortunately not to understand exactly.

I am actually quite fluent in English and have learned to deal with Italians, Irish, Indians and other challenges. But ok, I got a call from INEOS, after all.

He didn't know a single word of German, so of course I introduced myself in English, and bit by bit it became clear what it was all about.

I had, and this was certainly three weeks ago, asked Customer Support where you can actually order spare parts, and how you can get the spare part numbers. In my request I had also explained that I was looking for a direct sales channel without an agent that I could use from anywhere in the world.

It turned out that my request could not be processed because the ticket system needs a "problem" in the sense of a defect or error, and therefore no ticket could be created .... (and I got the stupid answer that they "regret the incidence ... blabla ...").

🤬

The call was apparently made because I had written another, somewhat more clearly worded email to INEOS last week.
It took him a moment to understand that there was no such problem, but that I'm just looking for another grab handle for the A-pillar on the driver's side.
In fact he had apparently called my agent and asked why the handle was missing or removed from my car ....

🥳

After some back and forth I got the answer that spare parts MUST ALWAYS be ordered ONLY FROM THE AGENT. That would be binding.

👿

He also gave me a name for the after sales business, which I had never heard before: Leif Scholz, spelled and read back in the international alphabet "Lima-Echo-India-Foxtrot ..."

I must emphasize once again that this was a really nice guy. But if you are not fluent in English and understand really hard dialects, you will have a hard time.

The whole thing raises -not only in terms of content- several questions:
  • How can Ineos assign someone without a word of German to contact a customer in Germany who can't a priori be assumed to speak English at all?
  • And even if he did, the conversation would very likely have failed from the start, given the particular communication problems. INEOS, you are really doing EVERYTHING wrong. This is unbelievable.
  • On the subject of distribution channels: surely INEOS can't be serious about forcing us to go to agents for every bolt?
  • On the subject of prices: I wanted to know whether INEOS sets fixed prices for spare parts, or whether the prices are set by the dealer in the manner of a lord of the manor? He could not give me an answer, and pointed me to the name "Leif Scholz".
Now we know that the answers of the support can only be as good or wrong as the people behind the support. I therefore still have the hope that direct orders are perhaps possible.

If not, then I'm really pissed off at how we should be screwed here. And on the subject of spare part numbers and drawings came then only the reference to the dealer.

My question to you:
  1. what is your take on this?
  2. how can we build up pressure so that the agent compulsion for spare parts is cancelled?
  3. who knows the name Leif Scholz?
  4. who knows another name to which one can turn ?
typo
I also already had Philippe on the phone: nice guy indeed. He speaks French too.

But the answers he can give are limited.
Ineos has indeed still to learn what Customer support means: I think they know the word customer, but not the word "support"

And concerning your questions:
1. I agree, but Ineos wants more money from us
2. This is hopeless I think. We will have to exchange information on this forum
3. and 4. I don't know

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score