The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Spare parts ordering, issues

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
7:40 AM
Reaction score
???
You are in New York.
  1. As far as I am aware there are zero quality issues on vehicles sold and delivered to North America.
  2. There are zero owners in North America so there is no reason for an owners manual or workshop manual to be in your hands.
  3. See below
  4. View attachment 7818118View attachment 7818119*Customers in areas covered by remote service have the option of regular maintenance delivered by an authorized, trained 3rd party remote service partner. Maintenance is coordinated between the customer and the selling INEOS dealer.
  5. Don't flood them with unnecessary questions while they are trying to set up the very systems and procedures you are asking about.
  6. This is the problem with social media. One person has a problem and suddenly 100 people sneeze.
I understand and you are of course totally correct. I’ll stay out of it. Did not mean to create a problem.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:40 PM
Reaction score
IIRC ("If I recall correctly" for @Jean Mercier!) regarding warranty for DIY/local workshop/garage maintenance, IA stated at the beginning that the warranty would be honoured provided the spares were obtained "through Ineos channels" ... that's a critical caveat.
"Ineos channels" were not specifically defined... A Dealer operated spare parts cache is a logical channel. Remember also there's supposedly a world wide "agreement" (yet to be tested in practice!) with Bosch Service Centres which might conceivably include a provision for a limited range of spares as well as software updates.
As an "early adopter" I have gone into this with low expectations regarding the infrastructure evident in well established global brands. That's the way it is folks!

I am well versed in innovating solutions and ferreting parts for "iconic" off-road capable vehicles... ask anyone emotionally and financially bruised from a long term love affair with a Range Rover P38:love::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:40 PM
Reaction score
HA, that's the power of a (good) community and of this forum! (y)

Got it. And will save it immediately to my RAID5 box. 👹

Well done, thank you so much!
Can it also be kept in the resources section of the forum. It's such an important reference point.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I don’t think they have walked back from having the manuals available, they are like most things INEOS just delayed. They have said they will have them out.
Well I can only hope you are right.

What would cause such a delay ~ it's not lack of spare parts or batch & hold. Indeed, delays to the physical vehicle should have given CAD-IT additional buffer time to be available on day 1 of actual sales.

As for parts, I don’t recall any claims specifically about whether you would buy them directly from INEOS, or through their agent network, as far as I recall they just said parts would be available to service and repair yourself, or through the independent mechanic if your choice, and while that may be currently more difficult without access to a parts catalogue and manuals, I also don’t see that that has changed.
Watch the posted video, the claim is right there ~ done via CAD-IT, select spare parts, enter delivery address.

AWo

Local time
1:40 PM
Reaction score
The question regarding Bosch is also if really every Bosch service point will and can be a partner. Ineos visited several of them and found service points which even do not have enough lift space under the roof to lift a Grenadier.

I expect that, if, there will be a selection of Bosch service stations. And all needs to be educstrd and they need to get the repair manuals etc. Still a long way to go....

AWo

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The question regarding Bosch is also if really every Bosch service point will and can be a partner. Ineos visited several of them and found service points which even do not have enough lift space under the roof to lift a Grenadier.
To paraphrase it was always "carefully selected" or "hand picked" never all.

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
Citroen admittet once in written letter to a customer why the Mehari is not on sale in Germany. Because it failed all safety tests. You only could buy one and take care for the registration on your own.

AWo

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Citroen admittet once in written letter to a customer why the Mehari is not on sale in Germany. Because it failed all safety tests. You only could buy one and take care for the registration on your own.

AWo
I'm guessing you didn't get the (inferior) Mini Moke either?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So this is the guy and I believe he's still there now:
Screenshot_20230627_062529_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Isn't the new MINI MOKE another Chinese rip-off, proportion to be British? Plus it priced ludicrously high.
Never heard of it. NCAP rating far too boring compared to the original.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well I can only hope you are right.
I think we had it confirmed in a response from INEOS that was posted here. Basically saying when US deliveries start.
What would cause such a delay ~ it's not lack of spare parts or batch & hold. Indeed, delays to the physical vehicle should have given CAD-IT additional buffer time to be available on day 1 of actual sales.
Well I suspect it was basically because they were still changing some parts even after production had started
Watch the posted video, the claim is right there ~ done via CAD-IT, select spare parts, enter delivery address.
May still happen when it is released.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
As to the video from INEOS: Stu has made me aware that there is a public link on youtube as well. But the video is not listed and thus you can not find it on youtube if you don't have the direkt link.

So everybody can view and (with the right software) download it from there. The more backups the better.

Here is the thread of which @Stu_Barnes made me aware:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So this is the guy and I believe he's still there now:
View attachment 7818166
So @PBD coincidentally had a telephone conversation with this chap yesterday, with some pertinent info to this thread.

"Steve has been with Ineos for five years and he has been the driving force behind the availability of workshop manuals etc to us all. They are with all the dealers and in the not too distant future will be made available to all, however it will be on a pay per view format with probably a 7 day access as the shortest time period."

"Parts and spares will be available only through dealers in the first two years."

Last edited:

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:40 AM
Reaction score
So @PBD coincidentally had a telephone conversation with this chap yesterday, with some pertinent info to this thread.

"Steve has been with Ineos for five years and he has been the driving force behind the availability of workshop manuals etc to us all. They are with all the dealers and in the not too distant future will be made available to all, however it will be on a pay per view format with probably a 7 day access as the shortest time period."

"Parts and spares will be available only through dealers in the first two years."

That is pretty horrible to hear. Not anyway near to the format (or pay structure :rolleyes:) I thought we would get.

Back
Top Bottom