The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Some more dismounting (centre console/kick plates)

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:50 PM
Reaction score
As reported earlier today, I went to my dealer. We looked to see where the water was coming from the centre console, but only suspected it was condensation.
However, I am now getting to the detail of it. I have dismantled some panels. But that is, as we say in Germany, a rat's tail. If you want to remove one fairing, you have to remove the next one first. But you can't remove it until you unscrew another one, and so on. The beginning has been made. Now I'll stop. That's enough for today.

Attachments

• 2DEC1E6C-0460-4A48-8DF9-4F750C9243A8.jpeg
    2DEC1E6C-0460-4A48-8DF9-4F750C9243A8.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 311

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:50 PM
Reaction score
As reported earlier today, I went to my dealer. We looked to see where the water was coming from the centre console, but only suspected it was condensation.
However, I am now getting to the detail of it. I have dismantled some panels. But that is, as we say in Germany, a rat's tail. If you want to remove one fairing, you have to remove the next one first. But you can't remove it until you unscrew another one, and so on. The beginning has been made. Now I'll stop. That's enough for today.
This is what makes ownership of the Grenadier similar to that of the old Land Rover and other classic cars. We have a need to fix problems and improve things. Fortunately, the Grenadier should have less things to fix, but obviously, not completely.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can't believe that noticeable moisture will be condensation. Unless you live in the tropics.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is what makes ownership of the Grenadier similar to that of the old Land Rover and other classic cars. We have a need to fix problems and improve things. Fortunately, the Grenadier should have less things to fix, but obviously, not completely.
Yes, you're right. My opponent is the little time available to me and the other Land Rovers that I also have to take care of. They are suffering at the moment. Actually, I would like to do everything myself. Then I know it's really neat. But sometimes I have to accept that workshops take on work where I have to turn a blind eye to the result. I handed in my Range Rover exactly two years ago. It should be ready soon. Let's see.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, you're right. My opponent is the little time available to me and the other Land Rovers that I also have to take care of. They are suffering at the moment. Actually, I would like to do everything myself. Then I know it's really neat. But sometimes I have to accept that workshops take on work where I have to turn a blind eye to the result. I handed in my Range Rover exactly two years ago. It should be ready soon. Let's see.
I remember handing in my Defender Td5 for some care and attention. They said it would be two weeks but had it for three months. It came back with 50% improvements and 50% worse! I now have a lot of details to address.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I remember handing in my Defender Td5 for some care and attention. They said it would be two weeks but had it for three months. It came back with 50% improvements and 50% worse! I now have a lot of details to address.
Great! :eek:Then what comes out at 2 years? :rolleyes:Well, I put him in the hands of the so-called experts.;)

Local time
8:50 PM
Reaction score
By the way from Ineos Website:

We’ve also developed an interactive parts catalogue to make it easy for you to identify exactly what parts you need, and to place an order for them.​

And on the German Site only:

3D-Anleitungen und -Reparaturhandbücher​

Wir wissen, dass Du vielleicht selbst Arbeiten am Fahrzeug durchführen möchtest. Deshalb haben wir den Grenadier bewusst so gestaltet und konstruiert, dass Arbeiten innen wie außen leicht auszuführen sind. Um Dir unter die Arme zu greifen, stellen wir Online-Reparaturhandbücher bereit. Und für Unterstützung durch das Technikteam im INEOS HQ reicht ein Anruf oder ein Klick.​
Natürlich kommt ein Fahrzeug des 21. Jahrhunderts nicht ohne Elektronik aus, um die sich besser unsere erfahrenen Techniker kümmern. Doch mit dem Betriebshandbuch und den Online-Anleitungen kannst Du einfache mechanische Wartungsarbeiten ohne Weiteres selbst ausführen. Zudem werden im interaktiven, animierten 3D-Online-Reparaturhandbuch alle Bauteile einzeln aufgeschlüsselt.
Translation with Google Translator:
3D guides and repair manuals​
We know that you may want to carry out work on the vehicle yourself. That's why we deliberately designed and constructed the Grenadier in such a way that work inside and outside can be carried out easily. To help you, we provide online repair manuals. And support from the technical team at INEOS HQ is just a phone call or a click away.​
Of course, a 21st century vehicle cannot do without electronics, which are better taken care of by our experienced technicians. But with the owner's manual and online instructions, you can easily perform simple mechanical maintenance yourself. In addition, all components are broken down individually in the interactive, animated 3D online repair manual.

Where they are?? - This could help enormously!
Some times earlier someone from Ineos say´s "comming soon" (readed this in our forum), please define "soon" !!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Fortunately, the Grenadier should have less things to fix, but obviously, not completely.
It's not a complaint, but my experience is that there's far more to fix on the Grenadier than on my Defender.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm looking at the cup holders - 4 screws and then 4 metal clips around the edge, then a further 2 metal clips at the bottom.

Are they all necessary?

Would it wobble like a jelly if you took out all the metal clips?

Are the screws alone sufficient to hold the part in place?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's not a complaint, but my experience is that there's far more to fix on the Grenadier than on my Defender.
Personally, not had to ‘fix’ anything as yet. Some modifications to carry out though. Extra power outlets, line the rear compartment to disguise the cheap looking plastic etc.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:50 AM
Reaction score
With Jeans guidance and pictures I am hoping to mount USB points as per my pic. Thinking I can PosiTap into USB wires.
When I removed screws from cup holder, it still felt very tight and didn’t want to move.
SOCKET USB.jpg

Was thinking the same. The bottom fittings can take the data from inside the arm rest cubby to another location via the usb cable, perhaps where you have suggested just in front. The top usb outlet is just power like yours was considering in small shelf in front of the gear levers or visa verse.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7823974

Was thinking the same. The bottom fittings can take the data from inside the arm rest cubby to another location via the usb cable, perhaps where you have suggested just in front. The top usb outlet is just power like yours was considering in small shelf in front of the gear levers or visa verse.
Looking at the wires that power the three power outlets within the arm rest. Any thoughts on which wire I should use to power my added USB? I wasn’t able to fit my USB on the front of the armrest as not able to thread any wire through.

Attachments

• IMG_2721.jpeg
    IMG_2721.jpeg
    286 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_2718.jpeg
    IMG_2718.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_2715.jpeg
    IMG_2715.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 271

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Looking at the wires that power the three power outlets within the arm rest. Any thoughts on which wire I should use to power my added USB? I wasn’t able to fit my USB on the front of the armrest as not able to thread any wire through.
All done. Comes on with ignition or with PWR on roof panel. Wires not long enough to route in the way I would have preferred. Gynaecology skills very useful as a bit of a tight space to work in.

Attachments

• IMG_2723.jpeg
    IMG_2723.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_2724.jpeg
    IMG_2724.jpeg
    150.5 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_2725.jpeg
    IMG_2725.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 281

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
All done. Comes on with ignition or with PWR on roof panel. Wires not long enough to route in the way I would have preferred. Gynaecology skills very useful as a bit of a tight space to work in.
nice job. What are those connectors you spliced into the other wires with and a link to that usb socket please.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
nice job. What are those connectors you spliced into the other wires with and a link to that usb socket please.
PoziTap You can see them on YouTube. Really good experience with them so far. The pierce the wire with just a pin prick. If removed, the wire insulation tends to close in on itself again.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:50 PM
Reaction score
PoziTap You can see them on YouTube. Really good experience with them so far. The pierce the wire with just a pin prick. If removed, the wire insulation tends to close in on itself again.
Interesting, learning every day on this forum (y)

Back
Top Bottom