The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Some more dismounting (centre console/kick plates)

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:22 PM
Reaction score
I do not dismount only out of curiosity, I dismount things when I want to fix something (but my car has a warranty), or when I want to modify something.
Bad luck, between yesterday and today, many hours spend, I burned an electric(onic)al component (not from the Grenadier) and a fuse (from the Grenadier), because a wire became loose on my component, and made a short circuit. Anyway, the space where I wanted to place it was too tight.
And I also wanted to dismount the front panel, the one with the airco, audio, and seat heating knobs and so on, and I didn't find how.

Anyway, some pictures to share, almost everything with screws and clipping parts.

20230721_114147.jpg20230721_114433.jpg20230721_155321.jpg20230721_155334.jpg20230721_103037.jpg20230721_164654.jpg20230721_164933.jpg

Am I really depressed because I didn't succeed? No, nothing I couldn't live without, not like Australians or other people who want a CB radio on board, in Europe we almost don't need this.
Only playing around with some non critical ideas.
(I didn't finish mounting everything back, by the way).

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:22 PM
Reaction score
I do not dismount only out of curiosity, I dismount things when I want to fix something (but my car has a warranty), or when I want to modify something.
Bad luck, between yesterday and today, many hours spend, I burned an electric(onic)al component (not from the Grenadier) and a fuse (from the Grenadier), because a wire became loose on my component, and made a short circuit. Anyway, the space where I wanted to place it was too tight.
And I also wanted to dismount the front panel, the one with the airco, audio, and seat heating knobs and so on, and I didn't find how.

Anyway, some pictures to share, almost everything with screws and clipping parts.

View attachment 7820840View attachment 7820841View attachment 7820842View attachment 7820843View attachment 7820844View attachment 7820846View attachment 7820845

Am I really depressed because I didn't succeed? No, nothing I couldn't live without, not like Australians or other people who want a CB radio on board, in Europe we almost don't need this.
Your pictures are very helpful as I am thinking of fitting some USB outlets at front of centre storage box under the lip of the armrest pad.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:22 AM
Reaction score

View attachment 7820840View attachment 7820841View attachment 7820842View attachment 7820843View attachment 7820844View attachment 7820846View attachment 7820845

Thank you Jean! absolutely invaluable "To boldly go where no man has gone before" :D
Don't be worried about it...as I've said elsewhere...this "machine" begs to be disassembled and explored! :cool:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:22 AM
Reaction score
Your pictures are very helpful as I am thinking of fitting some USB outlets at front of centre storage box under the lip of the armrest pad.
Looks awfully tight in there. I hop to put some in that area too but I’m not too confident now.

Local time
11:22 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for this. I would like to relocate the usb ports in the cubby box. Please advice how did you remove the side trim panel? Is it just clipped or screwed? I know there is a screw around the area your knee would rest. Also if you don't mind also please advice how you removed the top trim panel.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:22 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for this. I would like to relocate the usb ports in the cubby box. Please advice how did you remove the side trim panel? Is it just clipped or screwed? I know there is a screw around the area your knee would rest. Also if you don't mind also please advice how you removed the top trim panel.
OK, if I remember well, and I will not do it over for the time being:
  • you have to remove clockwise the left side trims beginning with the one under the knees, then the first at the right, then the trim stuck between the driver seat and middle part; there are for all of them screws to remove first, and then it is pulling it straight out.
  • you do the same counter clock wise at the other side (right side)
  • then you remove the screws of the center trim (all of them, including those of cup holder and so on), unclip the tissues of the shifters (perhaps I did this after removing the cup holder and black trim plate and shifter trim plate),
  • You remove the cup holder and the upper trim plates by pulling them up
  • And then it is a bit of an exercise by pulling the handbrake as high as possible and plying with the shifters to pull up the remaining central trim.
  • Careful: there is a connector at the rotating button, that you should disconnect as soon as you can.
I hope I forgot nothing.

Local time
11:22 PM
Reaction score
Thank you Jean, last question, probably a question I should have started with. Is it possible to remove the cup holder without removing the side and top trim?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you Jean, last question, probably a question I should have started with. Is it possible to remove the cup holder without removing the side and top trim?
Yes, it is.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
With Jeans guidance and pictures I am hoping to mount USB points as per my pic. Thinking I can PosiTap into USB wires.
When I removed screws from cup holder, it still felt very tight and didn’t want to move.

Attachments

• IMG_2715.jpeg
    IMG_2715.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 242

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
With Jeans guidance and pictures I am hoping to mount USB points as per my pic. Thinking I can PosiTap into USB wires.
When I removed screws from cup holder, it still felt very tight and didn’t want to move.
Yes, you can, I have just dismantled it again. Loosen all the screws, then first pull the front cover and the cup holder upwards, then pull the middle panel upwards. The cup holder is very tight with the clamps.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, you can, I have just dismantled it again. Loosen all the screws, then first pull the front cover and the cup holder upwards, then pull the middle panel upwards. The cup holder is very tight with the clamps.
What if I just want to remove the cup holder? Do I have to remove all three panels starting at the gear levers and working backwards?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What if I just want to remove the cup holder? Do I have to remove all three panels starting at the gear levers and working backwards?
Sorry, then I misunderstood you. No. Then just loosen the 4 screws of the cup holder and pull the holder out upwards. Do you need more pictures?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry, then I misunderstood you. No. Then just loosen the 4 screws of the cup holder and pull the holder out upwards. Do you need more pictures?
Many thanks Rovie. Will get onto that. With your experience of recently doing it and Jeans pictures I feel very confident of not damaging anything.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Attachments

• 03CC7626-FD35-4CB8-B7E2-4DA3E8035DCB.jpeg
    03CC7626-FD35-4CB8-B7E2-4DA3E8035DCB.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 233
  • 1BA1C65B-D4F4-4EB8-B7C1-51A62C897B31.jpeg
    1BA1C65B-D4F4-4EB8-B7C1-51A62C897B31.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 212
Back
Top Bottom